Latics to sign Striker

Just watching some of his goals on the various player sites, scored a couple of stunners for Daggers, couple of good 'uns for Notts, a belter for Swindon. I don't think his talent is in question, which makes you wonder why he's wound up here?

Another KMB?

Certainly looking forward to seeing him in blue….

From his Twitter page...

"Cristian Montano ‏@CMontano11

Italy - London - France all in a space of two weeks.. And I've made me mind up, now time to get things sorted and focus.. I love the game."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Of cour

First team football? Security of a two year contract with option of a 3rd year? Could be any reason, but we all know Dickov seems to be able to influence players decisions on whether to join the club or not

Of course, we know PD can be persuasive at times, this kid does look a helluva talent and looking at his goals from last year if we can keep him fit, focused and firing he'll be a real asset.

Oh and his missus? Ding Dong!

I think it is the fact that he is left footed which may have been a huge factor in the two year deal. When is the last time we had a pacey left footed left winger? They are very hard to come by.

Too true, indeed!

At least we won't have to endure the agony of watching a player constantly having to cut in onto his right foot.

Maybe we have a new 'Ricky Holden' on our hands! :grin:

Raheem Stirling went somewhat off the boil at Liverpool, due to new parental responsibilities. It may be relevant here also.

Maybe so, he's had a good pre-season though and tore Leverkeusen apart last Sunday when I saw him in the flesh at Anfield. Looks a helluva player (Sterling)

Who knows, seems decent.. 2 year deal is a sign of intent... If we can add another battling midfielder to push Weslowski and Furman, and another utility like defender (primarily centre half) we might just have a chance..

A bit of good news before going into the game tomorrow. I've not even seen a friendly but based on here and what I've heard, I'm worried about Byrne at right back.. I hope Dickov's not intent on playing him if he's not up to it in that position just because we've offered a 2 year deal..?

I think we've got to go for it tomorrow regardless, with the starting 11 (whether it be Mchangabamanga or the new lad on the left) I wouldn't fancy us at trying to hold out for a point.

Maybe so, he's had a good pre-season though and tore Leverkeusen apart last Sunday when I saw him in the flesh at Anfield. Looks a helluva player (Sterling)

Yup, my colleagues being going on about Sterling for years, then he dried up, but said that he seems to be back on track. The Leverkeusen game seems to show that. Good for England to.

Who knows, seems decent.. 2 year deal is a sign of intent... If we can add another battling midfielder to push Weslowski and Furman, and another utility like defender (primarily centre half) we might just have a chance..

Do we need another centre mid though? Clearly Wes and Furman are first choice, M'changama there as back up, then we have Winchester and Mellor who are centre-mids.

Agree about a utility defender, hopefully someone who can cover left-back as Brown and Bryne can cover RB, Bryne M'voto and Tarky CB but so far only Grounds for LB.. So if PD can bring in someone who can cover CB and LB then we'll be be covered nicely in defence

I'll reserve judgement until i've seen him play for us a fair few times for us.

That said - positive response on here which is refreshing.

If we can get him fit & motivated, just with his pace alone we might have a left sided threat.

Oh - and I actually take it as a good sign he fell out with Di Canio, I'd be more worried about his character if he'd got along with him.

Never seen the boy play and can't be bothered watching the videos at work, but judging from everyone's reaction I'd say this was a good signing. I'd say we're only two defenders (CB and Full Back) off doing something this season providing we keep the squad fit.

Looks promising, all left foot from the vidoes I have seen and very much an off the cuff player, he needs to be attacking defenders, I hope we don't have him tracking back deep too often as Croft was the other night.

Looks promising, all left foot from the vidoes I have seen and very much an off the cuff player, he needs to be attacking defenders, I hope we don't have him tracking back deep too often as Croft was the other night.

Why not? if it's good enough for Barcelona to work hard to get the ball back it's good enough for Latics.

This signing pretty much seals Smith' destiny for me. PD it would seem thinks he's not gonna make it. I still think Smith can score goals. He always gets chances he just need to start taking them more. Plenty never get chances, they are the real bad un's! What about Taylor? well down the pecking order. First impressions the lad id either shy or is body language is wrong. Never acknowleges the crowd and just seems to slope off the pitch. Again with him there were a few signs against Hudds that he could do ok. Though needs to learn when to pass it on for the better.

Ok, don't have them tracking back. I'll look forward to your post tomorrow night blaming PD for not telling the players to track back when we get slaughtered down the wings by MK Dons.

Ok, don't have them tracking back. I'll look forward to your post tomorrow night blaming PD for not telling the players to track back when we get slaughtered down the wings by MK Dons.

I don't recollect two of the best ever Latics left wingers Alan Groves and Ricky Holden tracking back much, their sole job was to attack defenders.

Lets hope both wingers don't give away pens then.

Edited by BP1960