Never felt so depressed

Beat me to it ,full backs not crossing half way line and supporting wingers who then track back to support under pressure full back.Absolute garbage ,Penney was hounded out for this.

How would Penney have reacted to it? Accepted it as part of the plan or said that it wasn't good enough and that it needs to be put right?

How would Penney have reacted to it? Accepted it as part of the plan or said that it wasn't good enough and that it needs to be put right?

Same asPD, howeverPD has more goodwill from the club and fans,not an ignoramus,however he is using up his goodwill factor fast.

Same asPD, howeverPD has more goodwill from the club and fans,not an ignoramus,however he is using up his goodwill factor fast.

The only time I have left a game before the final whistle was at Villa when they hammered us 6 - 0. When Walsall scored I was on the verge of doing it again. I didn't, but when the final whistle went I wished that I had.

The team that was pinging the ball around and making Sheff Wed. look like the L1 side has vanished and I can't see it coming back.

Passing the ball sideways and backwards is ok trying to pull the opposition out of position and then pouncing. We however pass it sideways and backwards and then hoof it back up the pitch, giving the opposition the ball back. Dickov seems to think thats ok as he says in his interview "put your foot through the ball, set up the shape and go again". This seems to be straight from the coaching courses he has been on. He needs to think out his own tacrics not those from the coaching manuals. All managers these days have been taught the same things in order to get their badges, and I think this is a major problem in football these days. All teams we see are trying to play the same way with varying degrees of success depending on the money they have to spend.

You have to remember that we've had a change in shape from pre-season and the Wednesday game. With Wes getting injured, Changy has moved inside and we have more conventional wingers on the left & right and 2 centre mids rather than having 3 men capable of coming into the centre and battling with just one winger.

I think it might be the case a fair few posters would be better set finding a new hobby. One that doesn't make them so unhappy, depressed & miserable.

A veiled reference to me ?..better not post any adverse opinions on here in case they annoy you and others ?

Also, if all the unhappy, depressed and miserable fans took your advice crowds would be in the hundreds at BP, not thousands.

Edited by BP1960

Not at all BP. Think you usually post a lot of sense on here.

I just come at it from the angle of a 'life's too short' mindset. If i'm doing something or involved in something that i get no enjoyment from and moreso; it actually depresses me - then i look to move on from it and find something else that doesn't invoke those moods.

My post wasn't a 'feck off to Citeh' one. More a genuine, serious - if its that bad for anyone; my advice would be to seek a new hobby or pass tine that gives you entertainment & enjoyment.

The day lands when i no longer see my ST as a worthwhile investment for my hobby, i'll be off really. Been close at times over the years; but still here for now. I get the frustration element of watching us under Dickov; i do. But is it now worse than it as it has been at other times since our pomp during the pinch-me years? I'd say not at all. But if anyone does; then my advice is to re-evaluate and maybe find something else?

Not at all BP. Think you usually post a lot of sense on here.

I just come at it from the angle of a 'life's too short' mindset. If i'm doing something or involved in something that i get no enjoyment from and moreso; it actually depresses me - then i look to move on from it and find something else that doesn't invoke those moods.

My post wasn't a 'feck off to Citeh' one. More a genuine, serious - if its that bad for anyone; my advice would be to seek a new hobby or pass tine that gives you entertainment & enjoyment.

The day lands when i no longer see my ST as a worthwhile investment for my hobby, i'll be off really. Been close at times over the years; but still here for now. I get the frustration element of watching us under Dickov; i do. But is it now worse than it as it has been at other times since our pomp during the pinch-me years? I'd say not at all. But if anyone does; then my advice is to re-evaluate and maybe find something else?

We are not all the same Sly, some cling on in the hope things will improve and in my time I have seen that happen time and time again.

I could have packed in watching Latics when they almost went out of the football league, or in the dark DP days (as many did), but always hoped a change in management might bring some improvements (Big Joe being a prime example in his first spell).

I bought a season ticket which suggests I had faith in PD rectifying the failings he has admitted too, what depressed me (maybe thats the wrong word) from the Walsall match is no lessons appear to have been learned.

I am here for this season at least and hope he does put things right, but your advice may well apply next season if the turgid football continues.

As you know I also follow Droylsden and they got beat other night 7-1, fans who went tell me they played some good foofootballd could have scored as many themselves. They have lost some excellent players recently,but the mangers philosophy is of a passing and attacking game which can be a joy to watch.

I don't wish the desert the Latics, I just want more entertainment and a few goalmouth thrills and spills brought back again.

I watched Montana on video and its obvious he's an off the cuff player, what happens as soon as he arrives at BP is he tucks in and tracks back in what looks to me clear tactical instructions. I want to see him given the ball constantly and use his flair, not stifled in some chess like game plan, let's hope we see the best of him and other players soon.

Edited by BP1960

When PD first took charge the football was like a breath of fresh air.

We were attacking teams , playing at a high tempo and taking the game to them.

Whilst maybe we might concede a few we would have a right go to try and score more than them.

It was ENTERTAINING win or lose.

Now we play like the priority is firstly not to lose the game rather than try and win it.

We tend to let teams come at us and catch them on the break. Problem is we don't have the players to do that.

Not seen the lighting fast pace of Slew yet and i am sure i could give Monty a run for his money on the left !!!

The other problem is that we have such a small squad that one injury (ie Weso) completely knackers us up .

This is life at our level unfortunately and the only ways out are - Money rich Arab or another JR.

Thought PD may have been the answer when he first started but he is already starting to go stale.

I said last season unless PD changes tact and gets a bit more tactical ability then we will constantly be scrapping in the bottom half of this league. So far this season nothings changed !!!!!!!!!!

When PD first took charge the football was like a breath of fresh air.

We were attacking teams , playing at a high tempo and taking the game to them.

Whilst maybe we might concede a few we would have a right go to try and score more than them.

It was ENTERTAINING win or lose.

Now we play like the priority is firstly not to lose the game rather than try and win it.

We tend to let teams come at us and catch them on the break. Problem is we don't have the players to do that.

Not seen the lighting fast pace of Slew yet and i am sure i could give Monty a run for his money on the left !!!

The other problem is that we have such a small squad that one injury (ie Weso) completely knackers us up .

This is life at our level unfortunately and the only ways out are - Money rich Arab or another JR.

Thought PD may have been the answer when he first started but he is already starting to go stale.

I said last season unless PD changes tact and gets a bit more tactical ability then we will constantly be scrapping in the bottom half of this league. So far this season nothings changed !!!!!!!!!!

totally sums uo my thoughts 100% - that first season until Dagenham at H in Feb was fantastic- the Notts game 3-0, the hartlepool 4-0 and then most one sided 1-0 battering vs Hudds where we ripped them apart with our fight, pace and desire to score.

That all seems to have vanished - i think for the most part our first 14 players are decent for this level but as we all know beyond that we have nothing.

That said, it is the way the players are playing and their demeanour thats worrying not so much who we have - Ritchie had some :censored:e players to get by with but they all grafted and tried to play attacking football even if not always succeeding.

I am glad he seems to at least see and agree with what many have echoed on here on his LP interview - not enough shots, passing with no purpose, not attacking team, way too many back passes and sideways passes.

If he can change it is another matter but he at least shows he appears to agree, that's a good start at least.

Tounkara wouldn't be all that bad as our target man - he works his balls off and if not banging them in he can at least hold it up for us and be a presence in the box.

Edited by shefflatic