Yet Another Awful Performance

i HAD said i'd give it after this game to judge, because 4 points from Walsall/Stevenage would have been alright.

We had three points against Walsall... gifted them an equalizer..

We had a point against Stevenage... gifted them an easy 1-0 win..

On the plus side, Dickov made changes from Tuesday and it was brave to go 4-5-1. The problem was that Simpson was on his own and Winchester was useless and rightly brought off at HT. And again, fair play to Dickov, he made changes in the second half with Smith (who did what Winchester should have done, looked to get involved and push people about), Hughes and Brown.

I can't fault PD too much for today because he changed it around, saw it wasnt working and changed again. We had chances in the second half to get at least a point. It's hard to see where the passion Dickov has is lost on the pitch. We were so slow getting forward and all Stevenage had to do was wander back behind the ball and make us pass sideways.

The worst thing though was not looking whatsoever like putting the ball in the net. Most days i can find positives, but there arent many today. Byrne, Furman, Simpson, Winchester were really really bad, and Tarky, M'voto, Grounds, Montano, weren't much better. we've put the pressure on ourselves to get points at Pompey and Doncaster and to start getting the best out of the team because we're nowhere near at the moment, should be looking at 4 points now, not one.

I don't give him any credit at all, he had no option but to change it around as it was obviously so poor, my heart sank when I heard the team announced with Simpson as the lone striker, and I'm sure the majority of the crowd knew it wouldn't work either. However, what do they know.

The team looked like slow moving robots, I think the programmer needs to get a rewiring job done as soon as possible before it all falls apart.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I remembered that the Dickovs come and go - the club remains. I love the fact that I recognise so many people walking around town that I've met or seen on Saturday afternoons. Some I talk to, some I nod at, some we don't know each other at all but we know where we've seen each others' faces.

To say "product" is to subscribe completely to the business model. As supporters if we are going to attend when times are good then turn our backs when things go slightly wrong is to show no loyalty. We could argue "why should we?" - but as a collective we allowed elite businesses to take football away from the majority, like they have done in almost every aspect of societal life. Those who volunteer understand football's routes - or at least are under the wonderful influence of football's routes.

How do we reclaim football? By turning our backs on Sky. I'm sure there are some that say we can't purely blame football's problems on Sky, but they bought the games in the early days of the Premiership. However, that's not the main issue here.

I just know one thing: that at full-time Broady read the attendance figure and I changed my view on the current situtation. I no longer care (well, I do, but not as much) about Dickov's ability. It's the club I want to support - and I wanr the club there in 30 years. We should be worried about League Two and as Macclesfield found out worse. The club needs support.

I think this game was lost before kick off !

playing Simpson as an isolated striker after we had seen the front two guys get precious little in the way of service on tuesday was quite simply rank bad management;

Maybe if we had started with the 11 that finished the game it could have been a different story, but then, if's and but's won't get us anywhere.

To my mind it seems ridiculous that with a mangement team consisting of both a good striker and centre back, in their playing days, we are powder puff in attack and a soft touch ( excluding Mvoto ) at the back.

Can thoroughly understand the reactions of a lot of people on here, i have parted with fifty quid this week to be left feeling totally demoralised.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............

My sentiments exactly........Do i feel that i have had value for money?............not on your nelly!........thoroughly pissed off tonight.

On the buisness side however an empty sponsors suite on game 2 tells a tale of despair. Overpriced? Under sold? but empty....?

Can you imagine. You splash out £1,000 of your firm's ever reducing entertainment budget on taking a dozen or so clients to Boundary Park in the hope of impressing them. And you subject them to that pile of :censored:e.

Sorry disagree with you, your picking a word "product" out of the context I intended, product is the expression that identifies factors to be multiplied giving a result at no point did I mention an end product as in a business sense. I cant stand fans being branded either, manipulated or called "punters" aka Hardy. We are all fans in our own way nor do I subscibe to the ones who attend every game are somehow better been their got the memories with dad thousands of miles. Its circumstances, work illness caring, money..whatever is in your life. I chat with others twice my age, banter and keep in touch from afar, look forward to a game then usually leave with dad ranting about they need a Fryatt, Shaw,Palmer, Stainrod......then you meet friends and experience other things. Sky set the rot in and the gaps too great taking away hope for some and the enjoyment.

I totally support your overview but unless the whole experience is better sum of parts you wont get fading fans excited again thats the harsh truth. They will read the chipwrapper and think very little beyond dont fancy paying to watch that.

On the buisness side however an empty sponsors suite on game 2 tells a tale of despair. Overpriced? Under sold? but empty....?

couldnt agree more it simply is dreaming to think the town will rally round because its latics I would love to see 20,000 streaming down to watch a game.

I do agree. Sorry - I thought you was talking about this "product" such as "good football, lovely seating, lovely toilet facilities" as though it's a restaurant - "packaged product". The idea of the football is a drop in the ocean for what a football club represents - or in some cases represented. Paul Dickov and the players are just a few years in a club that is over a century old. The football will change again should he go.

Football is too expensive - that bit is absolutely correct. And so because of the outlay supporters will judge the football and will skip games because they don't like the football. The pricing of every aspect of the sport is bloated and needs to drop by at least 50% - at least.

I have to be honest.

I have supported PD so far and will continue to do so because I think a quick change potentially takes us backwards.

I have to be honest here though, today was :censored:ing rubbish and tactically inept. I like PD and hope he makes it but my biggest fear is another quick fix of an inexperienced manager or someone who comes in and needs brass which we haven't got.

First half we lumped it up to Simpson and he did not look interested (chances are you wont read this but Robbie you are a good player but not as good as you think so put more :censored:ing effort in).

My inspiration came second half when he changed things............. I know it wasn't much better but is PD finally starting to learn???? If it isn't working it needs a change? Wasn't much better, but I disagree with some on here that our kids are better than loan signings.............. Winchester and Tarky were :censored:e...........simple as!

Edited by lancy lad

I have to be honest.

I have supported PD so far and will continue to do so because I think a quick change potentially takes us backwards.

I have to be honest here though, today was :censored:ing rubbish and tactically inept. I like PD and hope he makes it but my biggest fear is another quick fix of an inexperienced manager or someone who comes in and needs brass which we haven't got.

First half we lumped it up to Simpson and he did not look interested (chances are you wont read this but Paul you are a good player but not as good as you think so put more :censored:ing effort in).

My inspiration came second half when he changed things............. I know it wasn't much better but is PD finally starting to learn???? If it isn't working it needs a change? Wasn't much better, but I disagree with some on here that our kids are better than loan signings.............. Winchester and Tarky were :censored:e...........simple as!

He's called Robbie. :wink:

Edited by opinions4u

i was listening to the commentary on latics player and at one point someone in the main stand shouted "SOMEBODY MOVE" sounds like we were playing in solid steel boots :/

It was at a Latics throw in - didn't realise I was that loud :shy:

Edited by BP1960

Can you imagine. You splash out £1,000 of your firm's ever reducing entertainment budget on taking a dozen or so clients to Boundary Park in the hope of impressing them. And you subject them to that pile of :censored:e.

No danger of selling £1,000 worth of anything at Boundary Park. The whole sponsors box was empty today, how the hell do they hope to fill hospitality in the new stand?

No danger of selling £1,000 worth of anything at Boundary Park. The whole sponsors box was empty today, how the hell do they hope to fill hospitality in the new stand?

We need a professional immage, sorry Jenny, having pics of yourself pole dancing and wearing hooters tops on twitter aint that great. were a joke.

We need a professional immage, sorry Jenny, having pics of yourself pole dancing and wearing hooters tops on twitter aint that great. were a joke.

Heh. It's not as if she's any great shakes either.

I keep whistling I Am Kurious Oranj, heaven knows why.

ku-ri-ous or-anj-ah, ku-ri-ous or-anj-ah, ku-ri-ous or-anj-ah.......

After Tuesday I expected a reaction from the players. There wasn't one, and management must be to blame as well as the players. There is no competition for places, and the players have landed themselves a contract for another year at least.

Dickov said he wanted players who would work hard and battle. Dickov has also told the players to get the ball to the players who can do something with it. Mvoto passes the ball to Furman who passes it back. Mvoto then has to find someone else who also passes it back to him. Dickov wants 2 touch football, but the players no longer have the ability to play that way. No-one runs at defences because they are bolloked for doing so.

No point changing the manager now, but if things haven't changed by November then it has to be done.

Sorry disagree with you, your picking a word "product" out of the context I intended, product is the expression that identifies factors to be multiplied giving a result at no point did I mention an end product as in a business sense. I cant stand fans being branded either, manipulated or called "punters" aka Hardy. We are all fans in our own way nor do I subscibe to the ones who attend every game are somehow better been their got the memories with dad thousands of miles. Its circumstances, work illness caring, money..whatever is in your life. I chat with others twice my age, banter and keep in touch from afar, look forward to a game then usually leave with dad ranting about they need a Fryatt, Shaw,Palmer, Stainrod......then you meet friends and experience other things. Sky set the rot in and the gaps too great taking away hope for some and the enjoyment.

I totally support your overview but unless the whole experience is better sum of parts you wont get fading fans excited again thats the harsh truth. They will read the chipwrapper and think very little beyond dont fancy paying to watch that.

couldnt agree more it simply is dreaming to think the town will rally round because its latics I would love to see 20,000 streaming down to watch a game.

the sponsors was closed because the cellar cooling system broke at the previous match - we did all that we could to relocate and reschedule those who were booked in - can't say fairer than that....

if you don't like them - don't follow me, simple as - we have a club account, my personal one is separate. Having a life outside the club is a necessity especially when it comes to dealing with nasty keyboard bullys on a day to day basis

- and it's pole fitness - i'm very proud of my achievements and want to share that with my friends and the nice people around me.

I apologise if this offends you in any way shape or form

if you don't like them - don't follow me, simple as - we have a club account, my personal one is separate. Having a life outside the club is a necessity especially when it comes to dealing with nasty keyboard bullys on a day to day basis

- and it's pole fitness - i'm very proud of my achievements and want to share that with my friends and the nice people around me.

I apologise if this offends you in any way shape or form

Sounds spot on to me!

I know nothing about Jenny or Twitter and how it works, but if you are looking at someones personal twitter pics which is nothing to do with Oldham Athletic I dont see what there is to moan about.

Sounds spot on to me!

I know nothing about Jenny or Twitter and how it works, but if you are looking at someones personal twitter pics which is nothing to do with Oldham Athletic I dont see what there is to moan about.

Some of Alan Hardy's twitter pictures are off the scale. Bikini clad beaut's, yachts, class a drug parties and baby eating.. Sounds like the pole dancing pictures are nothing in comparison.

I'm not on twitter so the above might be or might not be true.

Thanks for the explanation. With respect the concept of a cellar cooling system at bp however is funny in so many ways. Empty sponsors looked bad and as nothing on OS its not unreasonable to assume it was not booked as many who never come on here did on the night. Could argue if the football better people would not have noticed or commented cant say fairer than that....either.

we did print something in the program as I knew exactly what would have been said on here. you could argue it but you'd be wrong, you honestly think for a second that if we'd have won no one on here would have found an issue with something. I joined up to this forum to use the fans constructive criticism as a way of improving things at the club.... silly me

we did print something in the program as I knew exactly what would have been said on here. you could argue it but you'd be wrong, you honestly think for a second that if we'd have won no one on here would have found an issue with something. I joined up to this forum to use the fans constructive criticism as a way of improving things at the club.... silly me

Welcome to the real world.