Ok he ain't everyone's cup of tea but he starts, he receives a cross then heads into the oppositions net.

1-0!

He's a confidence player and I hope this is he shot in the arm that he needs. Give him games, play to his strengths and he'll prove all the doubters wrong!

he seems to hit the post too often for me, but like you say, he's a confidence player and give him crosses that Croft and Montano look like they can produce then he'll find the net more often and i think most Latics fans want him to do well. he's an honest player and can hopefully take advantage of Slew's problems.

he seems to hit the post too often for me, but like you say, he's a confidence player and give him crosses that Croft and Montano look like they can produce then he'll find the net more often and i think most Latics fans want him to do well. he's an honest player and can hopefully take advantage of Slew's problems.

This is it, some people seem to mistake 'not rating' a player with not wanting him to do well. I don't particularly rate him, but I'd love him to prove me wrong. Lets hope he is a confidence player and this is the first of many...

I've said it before, but I would love to know what PD actually says to players at half time. Especially when we are winning.

Probably something along the lines of 'It's only the Paintpot Cup, don't be picking up any silly injuries or bookings, and definately don't be scoring any own goals'

Gives us time to concentrate on the league I suppose without extra fixtures with a very thin squad, Wembely will be there next season when we get to the final anyways, even though I'm a little dissapointed to be out of yet another cup..... oh well onward and upwards as they say.

If he's hitting the post too often then he's getting in the right place and making a decent connection...........hardly a reason to complain when he's again scored from a start!!!

not complaining, because he'll put them on target more often than not..

it's just annoying that we have to rely on the difference between a post and a goal from an improving player like smith at the moment, when we're gifting the opposition the majority of goals they've scored this season. it puts pressure on smith to need to score those rather than use them to improve seeing as we constantly give goals away.

until we're a bit more stable and confident, please just hoof it away.. i can count at least 3 goals where delaying and backpasses have cost us