Clarke to Scunthorpe?

The money was there for Clarke, PD chose to piss about with a Portuguese triallist, gave Wes a rise and a two year deal, and paid a fee for montano as well as the Portuguese jolly up and he had an extra £9k off player share.. Which was ear marked as a contribution to the Clarke deal...but he used the budget as he saw fit ....he stands or falls by his decisions

-

That's the biggest dropped bollock for me, and a repeat of the Fernandez debacle last season. He wasted a whole pre-season on a player who he couldn't afford to sign!!

I know his agent moved the goalposts but even so, he still wouldn't have been any more expensive than Clarke and could havemade all the difference. It is absolutely nailed on that Clarke will score against us when we play Scunthorpe!!!

We badly needed experience up front and in midfield and we have ended up with neither....this team is not suddenly going to gel and start banging in the goals, and unless we strengthen in the right areas and change the way we play I'm afraid there will only be one outcome!!!!

Proper gutted at this news!!!

Not having this - we had agreed the monies and then at the last minute the players agent asked for a lot more - the club stood it's ground and refused to be railroaded - maybe we should have caved in an allowed the agent to mess us around and send a message to every other agent that we are a soft touch?

Yes time was wasted and maybe we will regret not trying to find a compromise but the club stood by its principles and that is good enough for me.

Still sounded a decent player though...

Its a shame as i feel he is capable of doing a job in this league still and would with out a doubt improve us. noticed they are a few decent players on frees still, i think Robbie Fowler as striker/coach would be a good option. have to hope something comes up though.

We'll soon see whether Clarke can cut the mustard in a struggling League 1 team.

:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

The money was there for Clarke, PD chose to piss about with a Portuguese triallist, gave Wes a rise and a two year deal, and paid a fee for montano as well as the Portuguese jolly up and he had an extra £9k off player share.. Which was ear marked as a contribution to the Clarke deal...but he used the budget as he saw fit ....he stands or falls by his decisions

-

Yeah i'm sure PD chose for the Portuguese guy (who I'm assuming they believed was better than clarke) to move the goalposts at the last minute. Managers are always choosing to do that, doesn't make sense to me, but maybe that's why i'm not a manager.

When was the last time, we too a triallist on, who played most of pre-season and the guy actually signed?

Demar Phillips?

Marc Fernandez?

Joe Murphy?

Rui Miguel?

Diego Cervero?

Keith Gumbs?

Going further back?

Miika Juntanen?

Nicki Papsavilou?

Not pre season but was Morais not a trialist also?