OAFC Official Internet page

What is your view of the new Internet page  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the updated official website, the whole website experience

• It has improved a lot
    • It has imporved a little
    • Its about the same as before
    • It is a little worse than before
    • Its a lot worse than before
  2. 2. Which areas need to be improved? Multiple answers accepted

• The stories
    • The speling/grammar
    • The click through to enter the site on the Home page to be taken away
    • The drop down box covering most of the page
    • The skewed graphics
    • The" watermark" image of the crest behind the page
    • the varying fonts used
    • The size of the text and images to liitle on the page so need tuse a lot of scrolling
    • time it takes tthe page/the images to load
    • Player profiles up to date
    • The whole interface
  3. 3. What has been improved?

• The clarity of the graphic
    • Its modern
    • Nothing
  4. 4. As a result/since the upgrade do you visit the OAFC official page

• More Often
    • About the same
    • Less often
  5. 5. Who do you think is responsible?

• Latics 100%
    • Football League/Premium TV 100%
    • Bit of both-mainly Latics
    • Bit of both -mainly FL/PTV

Now the dust has settled nad the website has stabilised, I wondered how felt about it now

I am happy to add other suggestions to vote on

I'd like some suggestions of what to put for positives

PS

Whilst it is early, I thought I would add another question

Edited by singe

I thought the old poll was skewed because it was a work in progress. But the dust has settled and it is quite frankly a bag of :censored:e. It's not just the layout - it's the primary school writing and checking of stories.

The website is the public face of the club to many in today's technological world and it's an absolute embarrassment.

I thought the old poll was skewed because it was a work in progress. But the dust has settled and it is quite frankly a bag of :censored:e. It's not just the layout - it's the primary school writing and checking of stories.

The website is the public face of the club to many in today's technological world and it's an absolute embarrassment.

Very true

It made me think who we think is responsible, so I have put another question up

I've done a course on I.T and we covered abit about HTML & CSS and I must say that the website is really quite poor. Surely they could of found a better bunch of website designers to help clubs develop their page.

I'm not a fan of the navigation, font as it looks rather poor and somewhat blurred. Doesn't seem like there's any kind of consistency other than poor.

Edited by AnthonyOAFC

Someone at the club has definitely picked the worst template on offer too. I think the Hudds one is much better! Plus, there is better free templates out there than our bag of :censored:e!

I wont even mention the actual crap content filling it up it is just a farce and at fact that other clubs are doing it much better means the blame lies solely with OAFC now.

It's so awful it defies belief. I simply can't understand why someone would have chosen that whole design, from the fonts to the layout, just the general interface, and thought "hmmm.....that's a winner....". Or is it that no thought whatsoever was put into it and this is the result?

I don't care if people think this is just another whinge. It's :censored:ing awful, and as it's the club's official platform, they need to get it sorted as a matter of utmost urgency.

It's embarrassing.

I agree with all these posts really.

The template is so weird, stupid and unprofessional.

Bring back the old layout and theme because at least that had the simplicity which allowed I and others to browse easily without having to come across stupid fonts/layouts/images/homepage pop-up.

I hardly ever go on the website now to check updates, it's now mainly the facebook I catch a look at. Surely the administrators of the page have a hit tracker which shows how many people have visited in a certain amount of time. They must be able to notice some form of decrease in hits.