Mvoto

Grounds

Croft

Furman

Wes (M'Changama if Wes isn't fit)

Montano

Smith

Simpson/A.N Other

I'd be tempted to start Wes but I get the feeling he's not quite ready yet, M'Changama will fill in adequately.

If we had another striker I drop Simpson to the bench but Taylor doesn't seem to be ready yet and we have no one else!

EDIT: Montano up front and Hughes on the left is an option although I'd prefer to keep Montano on the left.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Another "drop Simpson" :sleeping: He's getting the flack for being played in the wrong position...again. The amount of times on the forum last season that I read "Dickov is putting square pegs in round holes", now we're reverting to it ourselves. Tell Simpson to stay out of the area because he's not going to put away the majoritty of chances he recieves. Get him probing around the edge of box, between the midfielders and striker, Smith, as a link up. That Central Attacking Midfield Position is also simply a distraction for the defenders, it puts them out of position as its a nuisance to mark.

When will everybody see that he is no striker?

And as for Winchester at RB, he looked far too lightweight in CM and dare I say it, not interested. I'd play Tarky, even though I have criticised him so far this season, in CB with M'Voto and Byrne in RB. Defence hasn't been the problem thus far so changing the personnel, including the addition of a fringe midfielder, seems a tad unecessary.

Cisak

Winchester

Byrne

Tarkowski

Mvoto

Grounds

Croft

Furman

Wes (M'Changama if Wes isn't fit) Wes on bench

Montano

Smith

Simpson/A.N Other

I'd be tempted to start Wes but I get the feeling he's not quite ready yet, M'Changama will fill in adequately.

If we had another striker I drop Simpson to the bench but Taylor doesn't seem to be ready yet and we have no one else!

EDIT: Montano up front and Hughes on the left is an option although I'd prefer to keep Montano on the left.

FTFY

Tomorrow is going to be Matty Smith day - I can feel it in my water :smoking:

Another "drop Simpson" sleeping.gif He's getting the flack for being played in the wrong position...again. The amount of times on the forum last season that I read "Dickov is putting square pegs in round holes", now we're reverting to it ourselves. Tell Simpson to stay out of the area because he's not going to put away the majoritty of chances he recieves. Get him probing around the edge of box, between the midfielders and striker, Smith, as a link up. That Central Attacking Midfield Position is also simply a distraction for the defenders, it puts them out of position as its a nuisance to mark.

When will everybody see that he is no striker?

And as for Winchester at RB, he looked far too lightweight in CM and dare I say it, not interested. I'd play Tarky, even though I have criticised him so far this season, in CB with M'Voto and Byrne in RB. Defence hasn't been the problem thus far so changing the personnel, including the addition of a fringe midfielder, seems a tad unecessary.

I agree Simpson is not a striker, but he has been playing between the lines and he's done nothing of real note. However, we do not have the weight in numbers to drop Simpson to the bench.

If Wesolowski was 100% fit I'd be happy to see Simpson dropped. His attitude has been appalling. I'm seeing a different side of him this season and it's not at all positive. He needs to show a major improvement, but to be fair to him our collective lack of imagination hinders him. Matt Smith wins a lot in the air, but a lot of balls are wasted and when he's in front of Smith (with Smith back to goal) he won't see much of the ball.

However, that is not to say he shouldn't be relying on that excuse. For me, Simpson doesn't look hungry enough. But, as ever, it's a clean slate. We got our first victory at Portsmouth, and tomorrow is a difficult game, but we can win it, and we'll certainly do our chances a world of good if we all have a positive outlook.

From the games I've seen I wouldn't be dropping Simpson on merit, it would be due to tactical reasons i.e. him and Smith not being suited to playing with each other and Smith being the more effective of the 2 so far. Both are link players for different styles of play, Smith for flick-on's in the aerial battle and Simpson dropping deep, getting the ball to feet and playing on the floor from there. Both need a striker who's always looking to play on the last defender.

Similar case with Tarky, he's been at fault for a few of the goals but doesn't deserve the criticism to the extent that he has so far. I'd drop him because the Byrne/Mvoto partnership looked like it had the potential to be strong whereas Byrne at RB and Tarky/Mvoto in the centre has many flaws. Winchester may not be as good as Tarky but having him at RB would improve the balance of the team no end.

Wow we actually have options!

Cisak

Byrne Tarky JYM Grounds

Croft Furman M'Chanagman Montano

Simpson

Derbyshire

What I would expect

Baxter

Smith

Wes

Winchester

Bozzy

Hughes

Mellor

Thats a top 12 team there imo if get best out of players no excuses but of course we will get injuries and for once competition for places as Brown back in a RB as well, would just like one more CB in now

Edited by laticdickovarmy

Wow we actually have options!

Cisak

Byrne Tarky JYM Grounds

Croft Furman M'Chanagman Montano

Simpson

Derbyshire

What I would expect

Baxter

Smith

Wes

Winchester

Bozzy

Hughes

Mellor

Thats a top 12 team there imo if get best out of players no excuses but of course we will get injuries and for once competition for places as Brown back in a RB as well, would just like one more CB in now

Why drop Smith? From sound of it he's been performed well in the last two games.

We could play 4-3-1-2 with Baxter playing just behind Simspon and Derbyshire or Smith?

------------------Cisak------------------

Winchester-Mvoto-Byrne-Grounds

-----Croft------Furman-----Montano

------------------Baxter-----------------

---------Simpson----Derbyshire-----

I don't think either will be fully match fit. I just wonder what Matt Smith thinks about all this. (Will Dan Taylor even make the squad?) Plays well for two games and it looks like he is back on the bench. It is great to have options up front but our results have been poor because of the defensive errors which rob the whole team of confidence. So lets hope it is 3 2 tomorrow with goals for Derbyshire, Baxter and Smith when he spells one of them late on.