No win at home yet is this acceptable?

At this stage it depends on the performance imo, it sounds like things are getting better even if the results aren't there yet but then again I only caught the last 20 mins on LP tonight (when it wasn't cutting out!)

We need to start winning eventually but as long as we're build a decent foundation to work from then I'll take a few draws.

the players feel pressure at home from the crowd getting on their backs so Simon said in his programme notes on Saturday.

3000 fans, bless them and they wilt.

At the same time Simon said last year that the players don't like playing in front of a empty stadium so he drops prices for three games, we get much bigger gates, and they wilt again

not sure what the excuses are next.

I personally think these are all excuses and the real reason is that our manager doesn't have any idea when it comes to tactics and substitutions.

judge him after 10 games he asked, we have played 8 games now and had 1 win against the whipping boys

Edited by NIKI1234

Add that we have come across some distinctly average sides as well it's a poor return I mean what are people's expectations I don't know? Some people will turn up and accept it and be happy after so many years of suffering it pisses me off when we draw games like this at home frustrating we are the most boring team in the football league to support I bet fans laugh at us and say imagine what it's like to be an oldham fan league 1 forever it must be more exiting to watch dagenham at least they have been up down with us it's the same :censored: year in year out my only aim is to tick off new grounds bore off dickov playing smith up front at home lumping it for flick ons entertain me!!!

No, it's not acceptable.....we have won 1 game this season with the help of an own goal against a team in turmoil. We have drawn against a team at home who scored twice with only 10 men on the field, and tonight we drew against a team who won last week for the first time in 15 attempts!!!

Tranmere have won again tonight which makes it even worse....have they become a good team overnight, if they have then it's down to the manager.

After tonight I think I have finally run out of patience and I'm sick to death of excuses. If Dickov wasn't well liked he would be gone now.....frankly I couldn't care less anymore!!!

I thought in the first half the whole side, especially the defence, was WEAK, powder puff challenges, scunthorpe out fought and out muscled us.

Only our equaliser and a late flurry saved PD from hearing us get booed off again at ht imo.......not good enough!

Second half got better as it went along and we should have won it in the end.

I'm sorry but i don't think smith has got it, too slow in thought and movement.

We need to start winning and soon, tonight was a very winnable match.

Special mention for montano and some quality crosses that deserved an end result.

So is everybody else.....a shocking night and Champions league on the box but under 3000 tonight. Dickov's days surely must be numbered.

We have over 1000 £10 junior season ticket holders and even if only half turned up tonight that attendance speaks volumes!!!

I don't know who would replace him but the dinner lady couldn't do any worse!!!!!

We need a new direction...I never thought I'd say this but.......Dickov OUT!!!!!

Baxter didn't look as potent that deep tho it was nice to see a sharp Simpson. Think it was wise to take Wes off as not 100% fit, wasnt having his best game and on the yellow. Smith cant start again - stopped so many of our fluent attacks. Derbyshire's movement is a delight to watch, shame he lost his finishing boots in the 2nd half. Montano is looking a real coup now.

The 2nd half had so many positives it upsets me to see all this negativity again. 2 games in 4 days where we have entertained and come within whiskers of winning (and on Sat against the champions in waiting IMO- so less of the 10men stuff). We will be comfortable with the squad we have now, just get behind them and look at the positives cos there are loads. Moaning for 4games about lack of entertainment, then its the results which are shocking. We are 3 games unbeaten and starting to look VERY dangerous. It could be worse we could have Steve Kean as manager :laught30:

So is everybody else.....a shocking night and Champions league on the box but under 3000 tonight. Dickov's days surely must be numbered.

We have over 1000 £10 junior season ticket holders and even if only half turned up tonight that attendance speaks volumes!!!

I don't know who would replace him but the dinner lady couldn't do any worse!!!!!

We need a new direction...I never thought I'd say this but.......Dickov OUT!!!!!

Wow!You want Dickov out yet have no idea of who to replace him with.

Go you.

What was unacceptable was the pathetic first 40 minutes , I really felt the manager would be under enormous pressure if that had not improved.

Terrific move from Furman & Grounds (neither had played well to that point) and Derbyshire did what our strikers have failed to do for years ....get in the position & bury it.

Let's be honest they could have been 4 up by then .

The second half was an awful lot better. Smith apart from his header on half time failed to impress at all imo.

Montano, Croft & Wabara stretched them well in the second half .

Bouzanis was a spectator & we had another disallowed late winner & almost a winner as Croft (?) just failed to pop Robbie's cross in.

What was going on for the first 40 minutes I have no idea , no ideas , passion .

It's not good to have 3 points from 12 at home , but at least in the last two we have finished all guns blazing , going for victory.

But 34 games without a 2 goal or better victory tells a lot of the problem.

What was unacceptable was the pathetic first 40 minutes , I really felt the manager would be under enormous pressure if that had not improved.

Terrific move from Furman & Grounds (neither had played well to that point) and Derbyshire did what our strikers have failed to do for years ....get in the position & bury it.

Let's be honest they could have been 4 up by then .

The second half was an awful lot better. Smith apart from his header on half time failed to impress at all imo.

Montano, Croft & Wabara stretched them well in the second half .

Bouzanis was a spectator & we had another disallowed late winner & almost a winner as Croft (?) just failed to pop Robbie's cross in.

What was going on for the first 40 minutes I have no idea , no ideas , passion .

It's not good to have 3 points from 12 at home , but at least in the last two we have finished all guns blazing , going for victory.

But 34 games without a 2 goal or better victory tells a lot of the problem.

thought smith did ok.He was excellent in our own penalty area. Saying that he would drop out for me on Saturday. Hopefully Baxter will take his place. His vision on 2 occasions was brilliant to see tonight. I'm really excited to have him in the team. I'm disappointed but optimistic with that 11. MOM vote Goes to montano, unplayable at times. Edited by welshgaz

I was stunned to see what I did during the first half. We won't get anywhere if we play like that in every opening half of our matches. I struggle to find words to describe it so for those who were not in attendance here's a sentence that should paint the perfect picture:

"If it had been 6-0 to Scunthorpe we could have had no complaints".

Second half we were OK. Nothing more. The whole affair, from our point of view, was tepid, disjointed, slow. We have played the exact same in each of our four home league games. I thought we'd see something to encourage us further after that second half on Saturday. I was wrong.

There are supporters and the players who are saying they are disappointed we didn't win. We escaped a utter thrashing. We grew into the match, but from 70mins. It's not acceptable.

16 victories from PD's 50 home league games.

Smith cant start again - stopped so many of our fluent attacks.

I think Smith has been very unlucky not to be given many starts before tonight but, like you say, now that it seems we have attackers with greater technical ability like Derbyshire and Baxter playing to Smith's strengths is not the best way to go and it makes sense not playing him regardless of his recent form.

He's a fall back option for us though.

There just seems to be a loser mentality associated with this club, that feeling that we constantly disappoint, that no matter what we'll never achieve anything. The league is wide open, yet we're not taking advantage of it yet again. How many teams have we seen pass us up the Divisions? I want to see a team of winners, a group of players who will want to prove the likes of Peter Beagrie and everyone else whose written us off as Cannon Fodder wrong

Edited by Tommy_Fent