Baxter in the reserves today

Just wonder if it's worth risking him as I'm a bit concerned about a couple of things;

1. Certain to be very heavy ground conditions - which may take a lot out of him.

2. If the match is called off, will he be match fit enough in PDs eyes to start on Saturday ?

Edited by BP1960

Just wonder if it's worth risking him as I'm a bit concerned about a couple of things;

1. Certain to be very heavy ground conditions - which may take a lot out of him.

2. If the match is called off, will he be match fit enough in PDs eyes to start on Saturday ?

Isn't the match at Chapel Road?

I think Simpson will start seeing how it's his ex-club. If he can't pull it together for this one, he deserves a prolonged run on the bench. If he doesn't already.

"With James in the team, it gives Dean a bit more of a licence to play a bit further forward."

so what the hell happens to this plan on matchdays? Furman is always just in front of the back four with Wes along side him. If its a case of Furman not doing as he's told then drop him until he can follow orders.

Makes you wonder if he was similarly 'hiding' during the Penney season too - Worthington/Goodwin/A N Other was his minder and he was supposed to get forward but all we saw was him in his own half passing sideways?

Time for young Dean to step up as captain he is our onfield leader

-

Edited by oafcprozac

I tell you what! I prey to God that Baxter lives up to the hype thats being created for him on here

a good 20 mins against Notts County and an ok 20mins against Scunny and now he is our new saviour!

RIDICULOUS!!!! lets see how he performs over a couple of 90 mins before singing his praises eh?

I tell you what! I prey to God that Baxter lives up to the hype thats being created for him on here

a good 20 mins against Notts County and an ok 20mins against Scunny and now he is our new saviour!

RIDICULOUS!!!! lets see how he performs over a couple of 90 mins before singing his praises eh?

I agree. What I've seen looks promising though.

I reserve the right to be unduly giddy over any straw I can clutch at.

It's not ridiculous. It's either tongue-in-cheek or desparation. you might say he's being souped up because we're clinging at straws.

btw, careful not to prey to God, that could also be misconstrued by powers greater than Royle.