The Gaffer on tomorrow and his job

Latics' manager said: "We will have a really good go and try to get the three points we desperately need.

"We have to take any fears and negativity and nervousness out of the game tomorrow, take off the shackles and have a really good go."

Dickov admitted he is under pressure after Latics' disappointing start to the season and he realises fans are not happy.

He said: "I can completely understand their frustration, but I want to move the club forward, not just short term but long term.

"I believe we have the squad to do that. Once we starting getting results and gelling together properly as a team, and everybody does their jobs, I am sure we will be alright.

"There can be a lot of negativity when you are not winning games, and rightly so, but there will be no negativity from me."

Guest Scratch2000uk

He certainly believes in himself, I just hope for his own sake that the results improve, and the negativity is lifted, but it has to be sooner, rather than later.

Show him a video of himself from Saturday and see if he still says "there will be no negativity from me"

Looked resigned to his and the teams fate all second half. There was none of the passion and pride that he so often uses when talking to the press.

Oh and wouldn't it be nice to see GT actually do something more than drink his damn brew.

"There can be a lot of negativity when you are not winning games, and rightly so, but there will be no negativity from me."

He says there'll be no negativity from him but he also says "Things are not going well and we are not winning games, but I really do not think we are not far away" - too many negatives! :sign0007:

http://www.oldhamath...prv-400330.aspx

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I clocked Taggart on Saturday and laughed to myself. He was sat cross-legged literally lied against the bench. He answered his phone against Scunthorpe whilst stood on the touchline. Hilarious.

Im beginning to think that Taggart gets Saturdays off and a football match just interupts it

he would be answering his phone from Dux in the main stand surley?

does anyone know whats happended to Dux not seen him on the touchline for a good while?

Just watched martin maddog allen on the footballers football show and he ugo watshisface and simon jordan were discussing managers and allen described the typical scenario of how a manager would be under pressure: "if you dont recruit well you won't win games - if you dont win games the crowd get going - social media get going , local newspapers get going and you are on a very sticky wicket to go - thats how it works". Sound familier? IuI usually find him a bit of a dick but i quite enjoyed watching his perspective.

Im beginning to think that Taggart gets Saturdays off and a football match just interupts it

he would be answering his phone from Dux in the main stand surley?

does anyone know whats happended to Dux not seen him on the touchline for a good while?

I haven't a clue. Me and my mate were a little bemused by it. I'd imagine you're right (I wasn't aware he sat up there actually because I was wondering where he was these days, too). but we were saying if it had been owt personal he wouldn't be at the game.

Because he may not spend the last 5 minutes there- I don't always look and isn't always there for a couple of minutes either side of HT. The " " was because I wasn't sure it was all the game.

So you could have said "almost all"?