Oldhams Best Goal

Liddell at swindon on a tuesday night was a monster free kick. (not as good as the others, but still noteworthy)

Surely this is the type of thing the "vote" button was there for?!! First time it isn't being used

Edited by pukka

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best goal I've seen from a Latics side is the Furman goal v Notts County. Furman's strike was obviously the icing on the cake, but the quality of the passing and movement in the build-up was top class.

Edited by JonesyOAFC

Years ago my dad had a VHS copy of "101 Great Oldham Goals" (or something similar). At the time I reckon about 90% of them were Palmer or Ritchie tap-ins in the middle of a crowded and muddy penalty box. I loved it. Forty yard volleys? Overhead kicks? We don't go in for that kind of showy nonsense!

We used to have a video of the 89/90 season. Then my dad lent it and we never got the bugger back. That was my only connection with that era.

Who scored the overhead against Newcastle during that season? That was amazing.

Ritchies at Brighton away late 80s / early 90s, iirc he was facing the wrong way, flicked it over his head towards goal, turned and buried it.

Liddell scored a cracker at Brighton. It won't be the best but it was a super strike. Gary Mac's was a special (more so because it came on the day of my 18th birthday) goal, but I wouldn't say a good goal.

Hazell's was truly spectacular. As for another defender scoring a goal of top quality: Sean Gregan at Kettering!

My daft shout will go to Craig Rocastle's against Forest at New Year because A. it capped off the best league result I've seen at Oldham and B. Swansea away. He became a folk hero in my eyes after that day.

Nick Henry @ Chelsea our first goal in the Premiership and it was a 40 yarder.

A personal favourite - seemed to take an age to go in and it was in the last minute to snatch a barely deserved point. The beginning of the end for Dave Beasant.....

Graeme Sharp's free-kick at Highbury should probably be up there.

Edited by JoeP

Neil Adams from his own half at Brighton; promotion season

sorry if its already been mentioned but that was the bseason before promotion

but how about Ritchie at Brighton in the promotion season, his 2nd of the game,from distance after beating a couple of players, nut megging one in the process - brilliant goal!

edit to say just seen it on previous page doh!

Edited by palmer1

mark hughes first and only one for us.....the celebration not the goal. leeslover refuses to accept this goal exists.

That one where the Norse God Thor flew down on a unicorn and hit one in with his hammer was a cracker as well. I think it was at Oxford away.

Marshy's rocket to win the top flight game against Notts County , the best for me.

It never got more tham 6 inches off the ground .....but went with the speed of an exocet.

Indeed. The proverbial screamer if there ever was one. Remember him scoring another cracker against Norwich around the same time, there was more bend on the shot than Freddie Mercury :grin:

mark hughes first and only one for us.....the celebration not the goal. leeslover refuses to accept this goal exists.

Ha ha, had forgotten about that. My lower back still isn't right from where I gave you and Snookmeister a piggy back at the same time, no mean feat either. How I miss the old Lookers Paddock Posse :grin:

Furman 3-0 County

Simmo 1-5 Liverpool at Anfield

Charlton from his own half against Gillingham was it?

Taylor scored an away day screamer last season didn't he? or was it Morais? I remember Morais' against Wycombe from the centre of the pitch about 35 yards out but there was one from almost the touchline that was an absolute worldy.

Kuqi 2-3 Dale

Taylor 4-3 Millwall

Aidy White at home against Exeter, brilliant solo goal.

On importance you could say;

Vernon v City