Oldhams Best Goal

Is everyone genuine re Charlton's goal against Gillingham?

The performance, i recall, was excellent but that goal was an unintentional fluke which happened to carry further than what Simon wanted and sprung over their keeper!

Edited by UpTheLatics

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the feedback, I think it very subjective and personal to everyone but taking on the majority of comments how about -

Dean Furmans v County as it seemed to be the best team goal

Runners up for the spectacular -

Rick Holden v Newcastle

Reuben V Leeds

Stich v Brighton

And Misty eyed goal Redders v Sheff Wednesday!

I was having a think last night and miy other favourite was Mike Milligans cheeky flick at Maine Rd just because it was a Maine Rd and we had a load of trouble before the game.

Is everyone genuine re Charlton's goal against Gillingham?

The performance, i recall, was excellent but that goal was an unintentional fluke which happened to carry further than what Simon wanted and sprung over their keeper!

Rubbish. If you watch it again you can see him deliberately shaping his strike to apply the backspin that caused it to rear up on the bounce, taking it over the keeper and down again under the crossbar.

No the o

I think that's the one I was on about:

"Ritchie's chip from by the sideline (2-0 v Barnsley I think it was)."

No the one you're on about is this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=julib04ukY0&feature=youtu.be

The shot from about 35 yards on the half volley was in Feb' 94 in the FA CUP a 1-0 win, at present I've only got that on VHS.

An eyres goal against Bournemouth always sticks in my mind, was about 2001 or 2002. Think we won 4-3 or drew 3-3. He made a maisy run from the halfway line all on his own, got a little lucky on the way but then smashed it top corner from the edge of the box. I was going absoloutely crazy, great game in general.

An eyres goal against Bournemouth always sticks in my mind, was about 2001 or 2002. Think we won 4-3 or drew 3-3. He made a maisy run from the halfway line all on his own, got a little lucky on the way but then smashed it top corner from the edge of the box. I was going absoloutely crazy, great game in general.

Hadn't they just scored? He got the ball from the resulting kick off and did what you just described.

That game with Bournemouth I'm sure they had a young striker by the name of Warren Feeney who tormented us that day.

Another great goal was from the same season where David Eyres ripped on into the top corner of the chaddy against Table toppers Brighton to make it 2-0 a game where Bobby Zamora was sent off.

A couple of older ones worth a mention when we beat Brighton 6-1 Neil Redfearn rocketed one in from 25 yeards and Ritchie curled one into the top corner with his "weaker" left peg

Anyone remeber Mark Brennan in the Fog against Chelsea

Rick Holden wipping that one past Schmeichael who at the time it was argued was the best Goalkeeper in the world from 35 yards.

But my favourite was Marshall vs Notts County it was Bobby Charlton, Rivelino, Marco Van Basten, Roberto Carlos, Alan Shearer, Steven Gerrard, Roy Race, and Hot shot Hamish all rolled into one.

• 3 weeks later...

No the o

No the one you're on about is this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=julib04ukY0&feature=youtu.be

The shot from about 35 yards on the half volley was in Feb' 94 in the FA CUP a 1-0 win, at present I've only got that on VHS.

I was nearly 7 years old when ritchie scored that goal vs Barnsley. Me and my dad were talking about great latics goals a few months ago and I said I remembered Redfearn scoring a peach vs Barnsley from the wing. He couldn't - it was that goal. Can't beleive I remember it as vividly as I do*. Probably not seen it since it happened live, stood at the front of the main stand paddock.

*except the scorer

Edited by pukka