Celebrity Sweepstake

Matt

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It means was found not guilty that is all

Honestly. It means he didn't do it. Case should never have gone to court given the facts known by prosecutors at the time of the original and subsequent allegations.

Answer this question and you're more than nearly there. Why, in a child rape case, did the defence introduce the defendant's marital infidelities as a material factor?

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Answer this question and you're more than nearly there. Why, in a child rape case, did the defence introduce the defendant's marital infidelities as a material factor?

It seems fairly obvious what happened now, but I would still expect the CPS to consider cases where, "her mother is a bitch," is the defence

What medical backing was there for Stuart Hall, or Jimmy Savile? Each case on it's merits. He had the right to defend himself.

Fair enough Stuart Hall - but Jimmy Savile was dead and therefore incapable of mounting a defence in court.

I reckon the CPS (not to mention the police) had enough alarm bells going off to press counter-charges of making a vexatious complaint. Even so, Kev should've had anonymity.

Fair enough Stuart Hall - but Jimmy Savile was dead and therefore incapable of mounting a defence in court.

I reckon the CPS (not to mention the police) had enough alarm bells going off to press counter-charges of making a vexatious complaint. Even so, Kev should've had anonymity.

How do you make an actor who appears on one of the most watched TV shows in this country several times a week, who then stops appearing anonymous?

Ryan Giggs is still subject to a super-injunction isn't he? But we all know that he is involved, (allegedly). I have absolutely no problem in making both sides in certain high-profile criminal cases anonymous, but sometimes it is ridiculously impractical to do so and not to mention costly.

It shouldn't be just high-profile cases, it should be across the board, We wouldn't want ordinary folk thinking there's a law for them and one for us.

When I say high-profile cases, I meant stuff like the Rochdale/Heywood case as well as the celeb ones, in fact any case that is "newsworthy" probably counts as high-profile

I think that justice should be seen to be done (children being a special case), It may well be that malicious evidence should be punished more severely, but only when proven guilty. It's a tough world sometimes and if you try to make the laws so that everyone comes out happy a lot of us will end up a lot worse off

How do you make an actor who appears on one of the most watched TV shows in this country several times a week, who then stops appearing anonymous?

Ryan Giggs is still subject to a super-injunction isn't he? But we all know that he is involved, (allegedly). I have absolutely no problem in making both sides in certain high-profile criminal cases anonymous, but sometimes it is ridiculously impractical to do so and not to mention costly.

Superinjunction isn't even nearly as strong as a court-sponsored reporting restriction in a criminal trial. Different types of case altogether. What you do is report the trial in the normal way, saying Ms A and Mr B instead of the names.

The newspapers have done their best under the reporting restrictions to inform readers exactly who the accuser is, so it turns out that revealing the identity of the accused has more or less blown the cover of the accuser. For that reason alone Kev should have been anonymous until the end of the trial. Actors go missing from soaps for all sorts of reasons and are quickly forgotten. They can even get abducted by aliens.