Fans forum

I'm still in two minds whether to go tonight, I see tickets are available on the door so might end up going.

My only issue is I don't have any questions prepared, I'm sure Corney will update us on the ground situation and the two back to back wins has lessened the pressure a bit on Dickov.

So, anybody on here got any questions? If I do go I'll ask them and then report back, I'll be driving there so won't be drinking and should be compos mentis.

If I get home and find out from the wife that I've got other plans then I won't go but if questions are on here then other could ask.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there are 3 issues that I would like information on

1) as stated above - loanees

2) New Stand - what's happening

3) SC mentioned in the summer that there would be changes in the board room. Is there anyone coming in? If so, Is there going to be any financial investment rather than expertise (like Mike Newton) in the club? Is SC looking to sell, if so, can he be more proactive please!

Ok, I've got to the playshare question, I might just paste these into a word doc and print them out.

I'm not going to ask the question about people's wives and their shopping habits. :)

Ok, got your's Dr. I think Baxter will be covered with the loan players although to be fair I bet the answer will be that "we would like him to stay, he's enjoying his football, it's up to him and his agent..."

Sod the fans forum, this should just be beag_teeets answers your latics questions.

Edited by beag_teeets

Why does Paul Butler (assuming this is on Dickov's orders) and before Butler, Duxbury, insist on going through pages of instructions with our substitutes? It's a simple game, surely just get them on the field?

When first-team players are omitted from the match-day squad and not injured, why are they not permitted to travel with the rest of the squad?

Got you prozac, the board question was asked further up so it should be covered by that. Butler is due to be there tonight so we'll get the answers from both horses mouths.

Ask them what is being done about the official website, it is simply not a hosting problem anymore it is a lack of IT knowledge within the club. Are the club happy to be losing money hand over fist?

This is a question for Dickov i would really like an answer to.

Why does he spend so much time arguing with/having a pop at the 4th official for many meaningless decisions, what does he feel it gains???

And whatever his answer please then tell him that him doing this will not change a thing, he should stop doing this and spend more time watching the game.

Edited by NIKI1234

Hi. Greeings from sunny Scotland.

Please ask Simon Corney whether the club has any plans for launching an official Oldham Athletic 'Hall of Fame' for club players/officials etc that have served the club well and therefore deserve the recognition. This idea was acknowledged by the club recently but I have seen nothing on the matter since.

A well managed Hall of Fame might just create some welcome additional revenue as well, this based on sales of associated memorabilia etc.

Cheers.

Edited by ronnieblair

have a ticket but unable to go as work committments to prepare for tomorrow :(

Please can the question be asked as to why Taggart or Dickov don't sit in the main stand to view games, alternating at HT so both can be on the touchline during games? Far better view of team shape when higher up.

Also, many fans see David Mellor as a future central midfielder - does he agree and if so what is the reason for his lack of involvement this season?