Fans forum

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm the Lee Croft story!

The fisul site may have said that on Saturday Baxter did a 25 yard :censored: but this was a typo, it was actually Lee Croft.

I asked most of the questions, I'll get the answers on here tomorrow. Nothing spectacular or unexpected, someone else did ask whether we still have the Micah sell on and Corney said "Yes, I wish we didn't as I wish he had been sold and got the money."

I should have gone to bed!

Stand - As expected no real news, the application is going to be submitted soon, he may even have said that it has been submitted but not "paid for". I don't know enough about the planning process to know what that means, it may be in the post? He is hopeful of good news, I think he is working on the "no news is good news" basis which explains the lack of announcements, if there was anything to say then he would have said it.

Baxter - We want him to stay, he wants to stay but this is the real world, short career, will probably get better offers. The short term deal looks like it was our doing, the kid hadn't played much and both Dickov and Corney said they have been burned by longer contracts in the past. Dickov said the short term contract has been useful and remember he's only had 3 games, lets see after a cold Tuesday night in Hartlepool.. <- this last bit is mine, not Dickov's words.

If we had signed him for longer and a club came in for him we wouldn't get much once agents, wages and the usual business side of things happened.

Stand - As expected no real news, the application is going to be submitted soon, he may even have said that it has been submitted but not "paid for". I don't know enough about the planning process to know what that means, it may be in the post?

Pretty much that. Either that or they have submitted the application online and are choosing to pay by cheque or bank transfer rather than online.

Shouldn't be long before it goes in if it's been submitted. Just has to go through validation (which in my experience will take a week) and then a few months before we will get a decision (or longer if there are issues).

I should have gone to bed!

Stand - As expected no real news, the application is going to be submitted soon, he may even have said that it has been submitted but not "paid for". I don't know enough about the planning process to know what that means, it may be in the post? He is hopeful of good news, I think he is working on the "no news is good news" basis which explains the lack of announcements, if there was anything to say then he would have said it.

Baxter - We want him to stay, he wants to stay but this is the real world, short career, will probably get better offers. The short term deal looks like it was our doing, the kid hadn't played much and both Dickov and Corney said they have been burned by longer contracts in the past. Dickov said the short term contract has been useful and remember he's only had 3 games, lets see after a cold Tuesday night in Hartlepool.. <- this last bit is mine, not Dickov's words.

If we had signed him for longer and a club came in for him we wouldn't get much once agents, wages and the usual business side of things happened.

He's head and shoulders above this division and if we were to offer him an improved longer deal right now he might be tempted.

I've seen enough already and surely we could make a lot of money within a season or so....he is the main reason for our turnaround and we should break the bank in an effort to sign him.

Can you imagine losing him and Derbyshire and reverting to the :censored:e we witnessed in the opening games!!

Edited by oafc1955

We should never break the bank to sign a player to a long deal in our current position. All it takes is one injury (Purdie) or loss of form (Kuqi, Simpson) and you're saddled with a high wage you may struggle to shift. It made absolute sense to offer him a short term deal.

Of course, it makes sense to offer him a longer one now, and there's no guarantee he'll accept. But I think the club can't win here; they would have been damned if they did, and damned if they didn't. If they offered him a 2-year deal and he turned out to be rubbish, or crocked, we'd have been moaning about the new Purdie and saying it was a poor decision. So they go for a "prove yourself" deal, and within three games they can see what we all can (that he's a quality player). It's not like they could really have been sure much sooner.

He could have stayed at Everton on more money for the next two years, so I don't think there is a question of him just getting in a comfort zone and taking easy money.

I personally think he is glad someone took a chance on him and he stated a few weeks ago he wants to stay.

Edited by Chris Prior

According to chron, corney confirms planning application has been submitted to council.

He also confirmed a planning application for the new North Stand has been submitted to Oldham Council

"It's down to us and the council to finish things off, but we are nearly there," the chairman added.

According to chron, corney confirms planning application has been submitted to council.

He also confirmed a planning application for the new North Stand has been submitted to Oldham Council

"It's down to us and the council to finish things off, but we are nearly there," the chairman added.

North Stand is the Broadway Stand innit?