Fans forum

If Baxter plays his socks then leaves after the 4 months, it should be a case of, "better to have loved and lost," than to curse ourselves for not offering him a big deal from the off. If he gets our season firing then we're still winners out of it.

I'd go along with that.

I thought the deal at the time was the right one to offer in our situation.

Now it's apparent he's a belter - I hope we're looking at a longer deal.

But - as you say, if he makes a move to the Championship, or a top League One side gunning for automatic promotion in Jan, then it's a case of 'cheers; all the best' - he's certainly been a major spark in getting us firing that's for sure.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't mentioned as such but Butler was asked about his input into diets, he said he can't control what players eat when they are not at the club but they are all professionals and know they have to look after themselves. He revealed M'voto only has 5% body fat and is a very fit lad.

As for playing at the weekend, I'd be surprised to see either of them.

I can confirm the Lee Croft story!

The fisul site may have said that on Saturday Baxter did a 25 yard :censored: but this was a typo, it was actually Lee Croft.

I asked most of the questions, I'll get the answers on here tomorrow. Nothing spectacular or unexpected, someone else did ask whether we still have the Micah sell on and Corney said "Yes, I wish we didn't as I wish he had been sold and got the money."

I can confirm the Lee Croft story!

The fisul site may have said that on Saturday Baxter did a 25 yard :censored: but this was a typo, it was actually Lee Croft.

I asked most of the questions, I'll get the answers on here tomorrow. Nothing spectacular or unexpected, someone else did ask whether we still have the Micah sell on and Corney said "Yes, I wish we didn't as I wish he had been sold and got the money."

Where was you sat ?

Nice to meet mr beag last night, he did well guys getting some of your questions up there. If I new early I would have stopped asking my questions. Anyway I also remember questions about

Better facilities for disabled people, especially when they have to relocate to the rre

Some sort of memorial wall/ brick/ plaques for those we have lost

Likely hood of keeping the loanees we have, dickov mentioned a meeting with city tomoz about extending wabara

Fitness of players

Tactics of the manager

Future golden ticket matches

The outstanding reward for season tickets from last year when the golden ticket/promotion was introduced

Was it less pressure to play at home than away

How dickov always apologies in advance to the 4th official and that it's not personal

Players pre match habits (yuk) and how one avoids the team talk and another the prematch warm up

Possibility of getting businesses into the new stand but the current economical climate makes it tough

How hard the club tries to not let players go for free, regret over the Taylor offer a few season ago, but

would sell fur man in the jan window if an offer came in and he was say, stalling over the contract

The youth element/ scrotes (quote) that caused trouble in the chaddy end last week

How did Gerry feel when that carlise player walked into his hand that season..cough, cough

Situation at Blackburn

Situation at Walsall

How was Simpson reacting to being not in the starting level, dickov explained he has had a few niggling knocks to get over and that he is eager to fight for his place

And other stuff and a bizarre presentation on if use fans wanted to sponsor a safety step at bp with a message on it, don't ask

Edited by tangerinedreams

Nice to meet mr beag last night, he did well guys getting some of your questions up there. If I new early I would have stopped asking my questions. Anyway I also remember questions about

Better facilities for disabled people, especially when they have to relocate to the rre

Some sort of memorial wall/ brick/ plaques for those we have lost

Likely hood of keeping the loanees we have, dickov mentioned a meeting with city tomoz about extending wabara

Fitness of players

Tactics of the manager

Future golden ticket matches

The outstanding reward for season tickets from last year when the golden ticket/promotion was introduced

Was it less pressure to play at home than away

How dickov always apologies in advance to the 4th official and that it's not personal

Players pre match habits (yuk) and how one avoids the team talk and another the prematch warm up

Possibility of getting businesses into the new stand but the current economical climate makes it tough

How hard the club tries to not let players go for free, regret over the Taylor offer a few season ago, but

would sell fur man in the jan window if an offer came in and he was say, stalling over the contract

The youth element/ scrotes (quote) that caused trouble in the chaddy end last week

How did Gerry feel when that carlise player walked into his hand that season..cough, cough

Situation at Blackburn

Situation at Walsall

How was Simpson reacting to being not in the starting level, dickov explained he has had a few niggling knocks to get over and that he is eager to fight for his place

And other stuff and a bizarre presentation on if use fans wanted to sponsor a safety step at bp with a message on it, don't ask

There hasnt been trouble in the chaddy end since the sheff weds match back in 91

I'd barely even class it as 'trouble'. Some kids throwing sweets at half-time then denying it. I'm sure there's been more serious incidents in the Chaddy before.

They'll be back in the RRE next home match swearing at the away fans from across the barrier like every week.

There hasnt been trouble in the chaddy end since the sheff weds match back in 91

Just reminded me when we played Sheff Wed at home in the league in March 2011 and some skin head fella' was in the Chaddy with a steward jacket on but was making gestures to the Wednesday fans and eventually broke a seat and threatened LaticsLee and his mates. Aha, madness.

Finally got the questions and answers:

welshgaz:

Is there any chance of us keeping our loanees for longer? Are talks already taking place?

All the loanees are enjoying it here and we would like to them however it all depends on what the parent clubs want to do, for them to stay the parent clubs have to be realistic with us.

Plus there are loan regulations regarding contracts etc, emergency loans…

Croft was asked directly and he mumbled positiveness, he is out of contract at the end of the season, yadda yadda and said “Never say never”.

And Baxter?

As has been said, we would like it, he is enjoying it but it is down to agent… etc..

philiggi:

What changes were made in match preparation, and what got said between the Coventry and Crewe game to bring about the vast change in performance?

Didn’t ask this but from what Dickov said to other questions, nothing changed.

Twisbrogan:

What the likelihood of the £10 season ticket offer being extended is so that the Latics For Life scheme can be pushed at renewal time?

Probably will happen again.

opinions4u:

Do the panel use the PlayerShare webshop for their online shopping?

Didn’t ask.

Does Mrs Corney?

Ditto

Doctor_Worm

New Stand - what's happening?

As already covered, application is in, waiting game.

Simon Corney mentioned in the summer that there would be changes in the board room. Is there anyone coming in? If so, Is there going to be any financial investment rather than expertise (like Mike Newton) in the club? Is SC looking to sell, if so, can he be more proactive please!

Someone else asked this, Corney joked “I got rid of Newton” Then laughed it off, he said Mike was a good bloke but didn’t get the chance to put as much time as he would have liked into it.

No further elaboration.

oafcprozac:

Why does Paul Butler (assuming this is on Dickov's orders) and before Butler, Duxbury, insist on going through pages of instructions with our substitutes? It's a simple game, surely just get them on the field?

Sorry, didn’t ask.

When first-team players are omitted from the match-day squad and not injured, why are they not permitted to travel with the rest of the squad?

Sorry, didn’t ask.

oldhamains:

What is the thing season ticket holders of 2011/2012 were going to get back for golden ticket. Or is he still hoping we'll forget?

Still in the pipeline, probably something next season, possible announcement soon.

oafcprozac:

What is being done about the official website, it is simply not a hosting problem anymore it is a lack of IT knowledge within the club. Are the club happy to be losing money hand over fist?

It is a hosting problem, the websites are done by a 3rd party and they “upgraded” all 72 league clubs sites in a series of waves, we were in about the 6th wave. It will get better, the style will stay the same but is a work in progress. Broady was very honest about this, the club accept the problems and are doing what they can to resolve.

NIKI1234:

Why does Dickov spend so much time arguing with/having a pop at the 4th official for many meaningless decisions, what does he feel it gains???

Someone else asked this, he said it was because he cares and is passionate. I knows he has an issue here but can’t help it, he says he apologises to the 4th official beforehand and says “He is a bit of a dick”.

Supplemental - Whatever his answer please then tell him that him doing this will not change a thing, he should stop doing this and spend more time watching the game.

As I didn’t ask the question I didn’t put the supplemental.

ronnieblair:

Please ask Simon Corney whether the club has any plans for launching an official Oldham Athletic 'Hall of Fame' for club players/officials etc that have served the club well and therefore deserve the recognition. This idea was acknowledged by the club recently but I have seen nothing on the matter since.

A well managed Hall of Fame might just create some welcome additional revenue as well, this based on sales of associated memorabilia etc.

Broady brought this up, the club are looking at this, they think it is a good idea and something they want to do.

oldhamains:

Is it true Dickov wanted to sign Baxter to a 2 year contract but Simon said 4 months?

Sorry, didn’t ask.

shefflatic:

Please can the question be asked as to why Taggart or Dickov don't sit in the main stand to view games, alternating at HT so both can be on the touchline during games? Far better view of team shape when higher up.

Dickov says he tried it against Colchester the other season, (when he had a touchline ban) didn’t like it. Dux does watch from upstairs and before the half time team talk the coaching team get together to say what they think and they listen to Dux’s upstairs view.

Also, many fans see David Mellor as a future central midfielder - does he agree and if so what is the reason for his lack of involvement this season?

Sorry, didn’t ask, someone else brought up the subject of Dan Taylor and Dickov said that it isn’t easy to go from starring for the kids to the first team and mentioned our other young players not making this change easily. He said it is his job to guide them through and he doesn’t want them to lose their love of the game and ease them in gently.

maddog:

Ask them where my Kuqi posters with my face on are at?

Sorry, didn’t ask.

Edited by beag_teeets