Sheff Utd ballboy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned in another thread the ballboy seems to have confirmed on Twitter that there was no racist abuse from Croft (assuming of course it is his account) and to give him a little bit of benefit of the doubt he was obviously playing along to the tactics of the ballboys and team as a whole and got a bit of a shock whatever Croft said to him.

Doesn't excuse their awful tactics - a team at home towards the top of the league doing that against a team in the lower half too, just ridiculous and it was so pleasing to stick it up em.

So if the ballboy confirms it wasn't racist - who actually alleged that?

dont know if i read it somewhere on here or elsewhere but apparently 11/12 fans in that stand have made the allegations

dont have a clue how true it is

probably just pissed because crofty gave it to them big style when we scored

As mentioned in another thread the ballboy seems to have confirmed on Twitter that there was no racist abuse from Croft (assuming of course it is his account) and to give him a little bit of benefit of the doubt he was obviously playing along to the tactics of the ballboys and team as a whole and got a bit of a shock whatever Croft said to him.

Doesn't excuse their awful tactics - a team at home towards the top of the league doing that against a team in the lower half too, just ridiculous and it was so pleasing to stick it up em.

So if the ballboy confirms it wasn't racist - who actually alleged that?

About eight supporters.

On the whole issue this is where I stand:

The ball boy should be sacked. He should not have done what he did - his job is to collect the ball and get it back into play as quickly as possible. He and the others are there as an alternative to the multi-ball system.

Lee Croft has then said something to him. He perhaps shouldn't have done it but it's an example of kids being shocked when adults put them straight. Some soft parents don't like it when strangers tell their kids off, some appreciate it. I'd appreciate it if my kid was in the wrong. So up until this point the young lad is in the wrong.

It's all a big "if" at the moment and no-one can say owt either way.

The tweet has been deleted!

The tweet may well have been deleted, but it was copied and e-mailed to themselves as evidence by a couple of people I know before being taken down. Seen this done so many times now.

In the public eye on social networking sites it isn't just as easy as deleting it. Once posted someone somewhere is watching and keeps the evidence so even "destroying"it doesn't work.

I'm guessing someone has "advised" the ballboy to delete it

His mate who asked him "if it wasn't racist what did he actually say" told me he seen him at school but he isn't aloud to talk about it.

I bet he was a hero at school today,I was all those years ago.But today the racism card is quick to be shown,if it was a young white lad all would have been forgotten.

My suggestion is that Crofty writes to SUFC categorically denying any racist comment and asks if the ball boy can suggest a charity which Crofty sends a donation to. Crofty then says that the ball

boy and a friend on return game at BP gets VIP treatment from Crofty on the day - behind scenes etc. Job done !!

Can't agree with this. Why should the ballboy be rewarded for not doing his job. He has to be sacked as a deterrent to this happening again, and made to apologise to Croft for causing all this attention.

Can't agree with this. Why should the ballboy be rewarded for not doing his job. He has to be sacked as a deterrent to this happening again, and made to apologise to Croft for causing all this attention.

He's 14 yrs old ffs.

He was either told to do it or just did the kind of daft thing 14 yr olds tend to do from time to time, albeit at a Leage 1 football match.

Without the race card being played there wouldn't even be a story. Hopefully for Crofts & the kids sake it's sorted quickly.

And hopefully Karma pays regular visits to the people making the apparently false allegations.

To be fair, there was an incident with one of our ballboys vs MK Dons last season that assisted us somewhat. But the Sheffield United antics (team + ball boys) felt like a whole new level.

At least he had the decency to look like he couldn't find it! The Sheff Utd lad was brazen and got a deserved mouthful.

He's 14 yrs old ffs.

He was either told to do it or just did the kind of daft thing 14 yr olds tend to do from time to time, albeit at a Leage 1 football match.

Without the race card being played there wouldn't even be a story. Hopefully for Crofts & the kids sake it's sorted quickly.

And hopefully Karma pays regular visits to the people making the apparently false allegations.

Hmmmmm. I do wonder whether this allegation would have been made at all had we not scored an injury time equaliser.

I posted this in another thread but had meant to post it in here:

Interesting post on that thread from one of their fans claiming to have been sat close to the incident.

"Have to agree, it's all a load of bollox. I was directly behind the incident and half a dozen idiots took it upon themselves to wind the lad up after the whistle. So many fans were watching the incident unfold my grandson and I could't get out of the ground. That said Croft only has himself to blame by walking towards the lad so aggressively. Agree with Foxy, looked worse in real time than on tv.

Fans were just upset by an inept (understatement) non performance by the Blades."