Sheff Utd ballboy

Not sure Croft would have been in so much of a hurry to get the ball had we been 1-0 up at the time.

He obviously wouldn't if he had called the ballboy a prick for kicking it away then, then Sheff Utd fans would be joining in the name calling. Edited by lancy lad

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheffield United manager: No case to answer

Sheffield United Staff: Visibly bollocked the lad after the final whistle for not carrying out his duties as a ball-boy

The lad himself: Lee Croft did not Racially Abuse me...

Not sure why this has got this far, some inbred Yorkshire scrote(s) sat 20-30 yards away pissed off at his team blowing two points against 'ickle Oldham has made a vicious unfounded allegation. If Croft had been Cristian Montano or the ball boy had been white, there would have been zero issue no matter what was said. But as we know SYP will not the truth get in the way of a good 'ol accusation. What a waste of Police time and public money, what worries me is the tweet exonerating Croft was taken down, perhaps 'compo' has been discussed by his parents?

Something doesn't sit well here at all……too easy for unfounded allegations to be taken seriously...

Edited by oafcprozac

Sheffield United manager: No case to answer

Sheffield United Staff: Visibly bollocked the lad after the final whistle for not carrying out his duties as a ball-boy

The lad himself: Lee Croft did not Racially Abuse me...

Not sure why this has got this far, some inbred Yorkshire scrote(s) sat 20-30 yards away pissed off at his team blowing two points against 'ickle Oldham has made a vicious unfounded allegation. If Croft had been Cristian Montano or the ball boy had been white, there would have been zero issue no matter what was said. But as we know SYP will not the truth get in the way of a good 'ol accusation. What a waste of Police time and public money, what worries me is the tweet exonerating Croft was taken down, perhaps 'compo' has been discussed by his parents?

Something doesn't sit well here at all……too easy for unfounded allegations to be taken seriously...

Pretty much agree with this.

The longer this goes on the worse it reflects in the image of the club who have publicly backed Croft.

I think it might be wise for the club to make it known that Crofty has been spoken to about losing his temper towards the kid and that he has agreed to make a donation to a charity, and that they are pleased that the accusations of racism have been shown to be unfounded. Maybe we can move on then.

Croft did no wrong. He is a professional footballer and also a normal human being. Anybody from any background and in any public position would of done the same if not worse. Personally if of close lined him over the bill board

"It was just momentum, Guv."

Croft did no wrong. He is a professional footballer and also a normal human being. Anybody from any background and in any public position would of done the same if not worse. Personally if of close lined him over the bill board

I don't know, I have never sworn angrily at anyone during work even though it often feels like the whole world is trying to force me to!

I don't know, I have never sworn angrily at anyone during work even though it often feels like the whole world is trying to force me to!

Agree with this Andy. If he's sworn at the lad then he should know better, regardless of provocation, and should be reprimanded/fined by OAFC and told to make a formally apology to the lad and to SUFC.

If it transpires that he has used racially abusive terms then he deserved the book thrown at him.

However, if it transpires that the allegations are false and fabricated by a group of SUFC supporters, I'd expect the police to pursue and charge those fans with wasting police time and/or attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Nor have I, but I have done it on a football pitch.

It's not fair to say Croft did no wrong; he should have kept his cool but I can well understand how the situation got the better of him.

However, if it transpires that the allegations are false and fabricated by a group of SUFC supporters, I'd expect the police to pursue and charge those fans with wasting police time and/or attempting to pervert the course of justice.

It would be nice, but they would just say they must have misheard. Horrible club, horrible players, horrible fans, always have been.

It would be nice, but they would just say they must have misheard. Horrible club, horrible players, horrible fans, always have been.

You're absolutely right. I remember getting gripped by one of their nasty knuckle dragging fans on the main car park when I was about 16 or 17after a particularly stormy encounter at BP back in the early nineties. It was a night match and we won, that's about as much as I can remeber, but their travelling fans were a nasty horrible malicious set back then. Seems not a lot has changed in the last 20 years.

Something similar happened to me. April '92 drew 1-1, 16 years old and about 6 of them big fellas slapped me about a bit on Broadway, my crime? Wearing our home shirt. hated the twats ever since and that's without my hatred of the actual bully boy team they have been going back to Bassett.