Break into the top 6 before new year?

If we are in the top 6 by this time do you think SC will fund the Wabara Baxter and Derbyshire deals til the end of the season?

Depends what the money required is.

If Forest & City want a bigger share of wages paying we could be looking at £10000 or more a week. If Baxter's agent wants a bigger wage for his client lots more.

is there anything we can do to get round this wage thing?

Do you mean "we" as it the fans or "we" as in the football club?

Fans: Attend more games, buy shirts, donate your life savings to PlayerShare, use PlayerShare WebShop, use official club travel, buy a programme, get involved in the lottery thing.

Club: TTA to inject cash via a stadium renaming sponsorship deal, double the cost of the half time draw tickets to drive more revenue, cleavage tip-box at the ticket office, cut costs on the non-playing side (I don't think there's much left there though), keep on playing good football to drive more fan interest.

Edited by opinions4u

If we're going for it we need all 3. If we don't have all 3 we may as well let them all go and scrap the season off finishing just above relegation again.

No we don't, we need Baxter. We then need someone to put the ball in the net, Derbyshire is doing quite nicely at that at the minute but considering Ryan Lowe is available on loan I think he'd do just as good a job and his wage at Franchise is nothing like Derbyshires reported wage at Forest.

Wabara is a fantastic RB for this level- but his contribution is replaceable. Fortunately, for us, unless someone bigger is able to come in to pay more of his wages and still offer him guaranteed first team football then I can see us being allowed to keep him. We may have to do without him for January but I still think we could keep him.

Baxter on the other hand, whilst technically replaceable, any replacement is going to be difficult for us to afford. Simmo is not quite in his league and he's the sort of replacement available to us if Baxter moves on.

I'm not thinking top 6 currently, I just hope we get enough points to secure survival asap. I strongly doubt that we'll keep this team together for the season and if the last month has shown us anything it is that 3 key players can make a difference either way. A post-January drop in form is a fair possibility if the short-term players don't stay.

I reckon we can keep hold of Wabara, depending on whether he wants to stay and if City want him to go to the championship for more experience cause, lets be honest, he won't get a sniff in City's 1st XI and playing a full season for us is better than playing a few games for the ressies.

Derbyshire would be a miss but if we can't keep him (which I think we won't be able to) but if Ryan Lowe is available I think he's not a bad replacement. Will stick the ball in the net given the chances

Baxter is key, he's our main spark and he excites the fans. Keeping someone like him could see more fans slowly come back at the prospect of seeing him play.

Am I right in thinking that Montano is off in January as well?

I reckon we can keep hold of Wabara, depending on whether he wants to stay and if City want him to go to the championship for more experience cause, lets be honest, he won't get a sniff in City's 1st XI and playing a full season for us is better than playing a few games for the ressies.

Derbyshire would be a miss but if we can't keep him (which I think we won't be able to) but if Ryan Lowe is available I think he's not a bad replacement. Will stick the ball in the net given the chances

Baxter is key, he's our main spark and he excites the fans. Keeping someone like him could see more fans slowly come back at the prospect of seeing him play.

Am I right in thinking that Montano is off in January as well?

No montano signed for 2-years with the option of a 3rd

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Do you mean "we" as it the fans or "we" as in the football club?

Fans: Attend more games, buy shirts, donate your life savings to PlayerShare, use PlayerShare WebShop, use official club travel, buy a programme, get involved in the lottery thing.

Club: TTA to inject cash via a stadium renaming sponsorship deal, double the cost of the half time draw tickets to drive more revenue, cleavage tip-box at the ticket office, cut costs on the non-playing side (I don't think there's much left there though), keep on playing good football to drive more fan interest.

realistically if every fan did every one of those measures (which will never happen) would it have a significant impact? I highly doubt it would fund the three wages we need. if there has ever been a time for pumping money into the club it is now. where are the arabs when ya need them!

in all honesty we need a large amount of income pretty sharpish to get these three sewn up for the season, and no matter how much good intentions the working class fanbase have, we cannot fund it (unless we suddenly find 4000 fans from nowhere, again it wont happen)

realistically if every fan did every one of those measures (which will never happen) would it have a significant impact? I highly doubt it would fund the three wages we need. if there has ever been a time for pumping money into the club it is now. where are the arabs when ya need them!

in all honesty we need a large amount of income pretty sharpish to get these three sewn up for the season, and no matter how much good intentions the working class fanbase have, we cannot fund it (unless we suddenly find 4000 fans from nowhere, again it wont happen)

£9k of PlayerShare money helped secure Wesolowski on a two year deal.

500 extra fans on Saturday is £10k a pop. Multiple £10k extras could make the difference for retaining Baxter. The other two will only ever e loan deals and goodwill of other clubs.

So yes, I think those things can make a difference. Turning up for games in bigger numbers could make the difference.

The players themselves can help enormously by getting into round5 of the FA Cup and an away tie at Arsenal. I don't want the obvious money spinner of Scum away. I never want them lording it over me even for one night.

But it'd earn the most money. And think of how much sweeter a cupset would be...

Arsenal away would be a very nice alternative I'll admit.

Even if we kept Derbyshire, Baxter, and Warbara until the end of the season something is telling me won't reach the play offs. Its that same voice that told me that shefti kuqi would burn out in the second half of the season.

We've looked unstoppable before in October in fact if anything its the ususally the best month to support Latics becasue we start to play well the FA cup begins and their is just that little feeling of optimism that comes through that this nyear we will get it right.

The lack of squad depth makes me think if we have a few injurise or suspensions or when fatigue kicks in come March and April we will fall short.

Last season's mini-run saw us beating league two teams and Chesterfield. I was a little nervous about it at the time.

But Preston and Orient are decent scalps. Crawley and Carlisle will be interesting tests.

I think Tranmere and Doncaster are the games that will tell us if we should get excited or not.

I don't think it's a strong league. Get your act together and you can do something.

Edited by opinions4u