croft and today's chants

Didn't go today so I can't comment on the severity of the anti-Croft chanting, but IMO it is the football league show and Sky Sports that need to take responsibility for what is happening to Croft here. The ridiculous way that they jumped on the current anti-racism bandwagon was extremely short-sighted and may have some serious repercussions to the mental state of a footballer. Sheffield United didn't make a complaint to the Police it was their fans, who now it looks were playing a horrible viscous game with someone's career by making up these stupid racism rumors. Part of me doesn't even blame the Kidderminster fans either, it's the nature of today's football fan that they jump on a bandwagon to abuse visiting players - what they missed was though that Lee Croft is an innocent man. I really think that if the chants were as bad as some people on twitter made out then the club needs to make a point of making an official complaint against the parties mentioned above.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't go today so I can't comment on the severity of the anti-Croft chanting, but IMO it is the football league show and Sky Sports that need to take responsibility for what is happening to Croft here. The ridiculous way that they jumped on the current anti-racism bandwagon was extremely short-sighted and may have some serious repercussions to the mental state of a footballer.

What would the club be able to do about Sky Sports and BBC doing their job, reporting on the sports news?

The more useful question would be what could the Police do about those that made false allegations and wasted time? They are the real villains in this saga.

Apparently (via twitter) our fans sang songs about Jimmy Saville, the Blades ball-boy, Munich and the large Pakistani population in Oldham.

It makes it very difficult for the club to take the moral high-ground if a minority of our fans sing those sort of songs. No matter what miscarriage of media reporting has been suffered by one of our players.

Apparently (via twitter) our fans sang songs about Jimmy Saville, the Blades ball-boy, Munich and the large Pakistani population in Oldham.

It makes it very difficult for the club to take the moral high-ground if a minority of our fans sing those sort of songs. No matter what miscarriage of media reporting has been suffered by one of our players.

This is true. I was behind the goal to the right about ten feet from the small group of kids singing these songs also add to the list the latics favourite 'ten german bombers??' .

Nobody joined in and they did get a few boo's etc just drunk teens letting their mouths advertise the poverty of their brains I am afraid.

Only one I heard was one little prick singing the Munich Air disaster song on his own.

The same clueless thick :censored: sang the "keep St George in my heart, keep me English song" on his own aswell.................... ahh bless, someone should have told him Kidderminster is in England!

Yeah, we had a fair few 'special' fans there today. Never heard latics fans booing other latics fans before - very strange. Didn't hear any anti-croft chants from Kiddy though - anyone asked Mike what they were singing?

Only one I heard was one little prick singing the Munich Air disaster song on his own.

The same clueless thick :censored: sang the "keep St George in my heart, keep me English song" on his own aswell.................... ahh bless, someone should have told him Kidderminster is in England!

That's a hooligan song it doesn't matter where the game is being played, it's associated with England games more than anything, as it's very anti-IRA.

Then again when we played Accy a couple of years ago at the same stage there was a bit of an EDL presence too, maybe they only bother with the cup.

That's a hooligan song it doesn't matter where the game is being played, it's associated with England games more than anything, as it's very anti-IRA.

Then again when we played Accy a couple of years ago at the same stage there was a bit of an EDL presence too, maybe they only bother with the cup.

I cant quite agree its a hooligan song, it has been sung at every England match (a fair few) I have ever attended and I fully understand why............... its very political and dates back to the time the Irish were bombing everywhere in England..................... however Latics fans singing it at Kidderminster achieves what???

We have our fair share of dickheads and they are an embarrassment. I have never seen as many "snide" Stone Island coats in my life as I have today. People pretending they are wearing a £500 coat while it is a TK Maxx special with a fake badge on the arm :petesake:

Albeit, we had a really good day!

The FLS? To blame? Have a day off.

What Stevie says, you can't blame news/sports shows for reporting news.

You can kinda with FLS. For two shows they mentioned in and made a big deal out of it. Then when he's cleared by the police they don't bother to mention it at all.

We have our fair share of dickheads and they are an embarrassment. I have never seen as many "snide" Stone Island coats in my life as I have today. People pretending they are wearing a £500 coat while it is a TK Maxx special with a fake badge on the arm :petesake:

Yeah I did worry before the match that it looked like an EDL day out. The chants about the ball boy were idiotic. I'd say that someone needs to tell them that it wasn't the ball boy who complained but they probably don't give a :censored:. The 'racist' shouts at Lee Croft were pretty loud towards the end of the game, once they realised it was getting to him. Unfortunately he's probably going to have to get used to that.

Don't know what was funnier, our fans shouting 'handball!' or the Kidderminster fan in the East stand shouting abuse at the referee in what has to be the least threatening accent in the world.

Yeah I did worry before the match that it looked like an EDL day out. The chants about the ball boy were idiotic. I'd say that someone needs to tell them that it wasn't the ball boy who complained but they probably don't give a :censored:. The 'racist' shouts at Lee Croft were pretty loud towards the end of the game, once they realised it was getting to him. Unfortunately he's probably going to have to get used to that.

Don't know what was funnier, our fans shouting 'handball!' or the Kidderminster fan in the East stand shouting abuse at the referee in what has to be the least threatening accent in the world.

I didn't hear a great deal from their fans, however the "HANDBALL" chants from Latics fans was quite amusing!

You can kinda with FLS. For two shows they mentioned in and made a big deal out of it. Then when he's cleared by the police they don't bother to mention it at all.

They were reporting news the first time and made clear it was an allegation, together with PD's vigorous defence. The second mention was ill-conceived but entirely fleeting and the only people who'd have thought anything of it were some of our fans who felt upset. I can't imagine many or any of the Kidderminster fans were watching or interested.

I cant quite agree its a hooligan song, it has been sung at every England match (a fair few) I have ever attended and I fully understand why............... its very political and dates back to the time the Irish were bombing everywhere in England..................... however Latics fans singing it at Kidderminster achieves what???

Albeit, we had a really good day!

Since when we're the Irish bombing the UK???? I'm assuming that was a mistype but It is a hooligan song. The people who sing it also sing the like of 'I'd rather be a p&&& than a Turk'. The fact it has always been sung is certainly not a defence.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Since when we're the Irish bombing the UK???? I'm assuming that was a mistype but It is a hooligan song. The people who sing it also sing the like of 'I'd rather be a p&&& than a Turk'. The fact it has always been sung is certainly not a defence.

That's surely not a serious question is it???

Brighton Grand Hotel 1984

Warrington Town Centre 1993

Canary Wharf 1996

Manchester City Centre 1996

The point I am making is, several thousand people sing that song at England matches not just hooligans.

I certainly dont understand Oldham fans singing it at Kidderminster.