The table don't lie

10 points from the play offs; 3 points from the relegation zone. Is it:

1. The players actually aren't good enough to get results at this level?

2. The players are good enough but there isn't enough competition for places to get them to perform to their ability level? or

3. The manager can't manage the team to play well enough to get results?

Not a poll, but I'd be interested in views - no chance of Corney putting his hand in his pocket with the form Latics show, he'd be throwing good money after bad.

... and yes, mildly disappointed is an understatement.

After Coventry I thought Dickov was a dead man walking and I would've said 3, but the last month can't just be ignored and Dickov deserves as much credit for the team playing a lot better as much as anyone else.

If we are in a similar position come January then maybe Dickov's position can be debated again, but tonight and Carlisle aside there have been obvious signs of improvement.

to be sitting where we are in the table with a strike force of Baxter and Derbyshire is a joke.

number 3!

Totally agree with you!

Pulled it round at Sheff Utd and Crawley, yet manage to give Carlisle their first home win in ages and Bury their first away win since last April.

How do so many of our fans think e have a playoff capable side that is drastically underachieving?

I looked across the eleven who started and thought most of them were capable of playing a league higher.

Certainly Warbara and the front six.

Edited by opinions4u

I too thought the front 6 as is good as we hae had for years. The keeper is fine, Byrne is solid , Wabara is good and Grounds has got better ........and then they put in a collective apology of a performance like that , just like Carlisle , very , very disappointing.

This is a group of players the best I have seen in a number of years. We have ability to pass teams to death and score good goals. Yet when it comes to games we should be winning but don't I am sorry but your answer is dickov isn't doing his job properly. End of.

Yeah he may have had desire and hunger as a player but my god his ability in getting the players hungry and determined is poor to say the least. We are in the same position as 3 years ago with a team which should be realistically in the top half. Time for a change at the top, sorry to say I love dickov but he isn't taking us forward everything is sidewards.

I looked across the eleven who started and thought most of them were capable of playing a league higher.

Certainly Warbara and the front six.

We're playing James Tarkowski at cb. He's :censored:, a liability and shouldn't be anywhere near a league one team. That shows the lack of depth we have to our squad, particularly defence. If our offence is top of the table standard then our defence is most definitely rock bottom with 10 points deducted standard.

A combination of all 3. The season started on 18th August not 15th September when we had the squad we have now. I don't know where we would be in the table since 15th September but it is almost certainly a better position than we are now. The same thing happened last season when we didn't get Kuqi in for about 5 games and didn't get Wes in at the start of the season.

Some of our players have made individual mistakes which have cost us points. Doesn't matter how good of a squad you have if that happens.

Finally, Dickov has occasionally not picked the right team. Tonight being a prime example. But honestly hands up how many of you would have picked the "sideways passing" Furman tonight instead of the more forward thinking Simpson. Because that is what should have happened; I don't think it's a coincidence that from when Furman came on we were the better side.

Finally similarly to my first point, to bring it back to the topic title the table does lie. Scunthorpe, Coventry and Bury when they played us were better than their position in the table would suggest. That Bury side was a typical Kevin Blackwell side and if they keep that going in that sort of form they will be fine. I think some Oldham fans need to realise that the season is 46 games long not 15, which is 1 game less than most have played. Whilst quite a few teams have improved as a result of loan signings it cannot last and unlike some our improvement is not totally down to players who won't be available for all of December.

We're playing James Tarkowski at cb. He's :censored:, a liability and shouldn't be anywhere near a league one team. That shows the lack of depth we have to our squad, particularly defence. If our offence is top of the table standard then our defence is most definitely rock bottom with 10 points deducted standard.

normailly I would reply with some kind of counter argument

this time I dont think I will bother, all I will say is...........

What a load of bollox!!!!!!

Edited by palmer1