Baxter's fitness

When he was 'a doubt' I was convinced he was playing, but given the rule of Latics injury bluffs in recent months the comments on the OS that he 'should play' barring an adverse reaction overnight has got all sorts of alarm bells ringing :wink:

Looking forward to tomorrow.

im dreading tomorrow. We will get the usual moore is a dionsaur chants for 5 minutes and then no doubt concede a sloppy goal and Ronnie can give it large over us and make some snide dig post match (given all the stick hes taken i dont blame him) but i hate loosing to tranmere always have done and im gutted they are top of the league. Id almost be happy with a draw tomorow but if we can outplay sheff united we can damm well beat this lot...... fingers crossed but im nervous.

Think Baxter might miss out

Edited by bluehobbit

The thing is they started like a train but they've hit a bit of a bump recently losing a couple and drawing against a side we routed before beating the bottom club on Wednesday. We're in comparatively a better run of form and should have no reason to fear that lot if we perform to the standards set recently (prior to Tuesday).

im dreading tomorrow. We will get the usual moore is a dionsaur chants for 5 minutes and then no doubt concede a sloppy goal and Ronnie can give it large over us and make some snide dig post match (given all the stick hes taken i dont blame him) but i hate loosing to tranmere always have done and im gutted they are top of the league. Id almost be happy with a draw tomorow but if we can outplay sheff united we can damm well beat this lot...... fingers crossed but im nervous.

Think Baxter might miss out

Isn't this why you go to the games? To be able to shout and sing not very nice things and not get arrested or hit, to get your blood pumping and let your hair down for it, release a bit of stress and tension over something that doesn't really matter. Sometimes it comes back to bite you and seeing that cheeky scouser on the football league show on Saturday giving it a bit of it back will irritate me but it is all part and parcel of it.

I said we'd lose to Bury but I don't think we will tomorrow but one thing is for sure, I'll enjoy the "Football genius" chants and let's give his son's song a run out too. I can't stand either of them scouse c8nts, or their wives, friends, relations, pets, people they met on holiday...

if Baxter does miss out tomorrow it will partly down to the fact he should have been aken off 30 mins before he actually was tuesday!

the thing that worries me most is that the manager obvioulsy does not think we can win without a player on a short term contract so just leaves him on no matter what! he did similar with Kuqi last season

if Baxter does miss out tomorrow it will partly down to the fact he should have been aken off 30 mins before he actually was tuesday!

the thing that worries me most is that the manager obvioulsy does not think we can win without a player on a short term contract so just leaves him on no matter what! he did similar with Kuqi last season

Also....what sort of message does that send out to Furman and the like who are chomping at the bit to get on when an ineffective Baxter is limping around on one leg for nearly an hour!

Baxter should have been withdrawn but he was asked if he wanted to stay on and he did. Unless he is 100% he should not play today because we can't run the risk of losing him for longer. I think he will be on the bench and we will have another Simpson falling down masterclass!

Isn't this why you go to the games? To be able to shout and sing not very nice things and not get arrested or hit, to get your blood pumping and let your hair down for it, release a bit of stress and tension over something that doesn't really matter. Sometimes it comes back to bite you and seeing that cheeky scouser on the football league show on Saturday giving it a bit of it back will irritate me but it is all part and parcel of it.

I said we'd lose to Bury but I don't think we will tomorrow but one thing is for sure, I'll enjoy the "Football genius" chants and let's give his son's song a run out too. I can't stand either of them scouse c8nts, or their wives, friends, relations, pets, people they met on holiday...

singing football genius at a manager whos team is top of the league doesnt really work tho does it?

id rather a few pro oldham chants that insulting ones about more the one about his son is too much really.....

fingers crossed we can pick from out strongest 11 and tonk em