just been told by a forest fan at work

aparrantly forest and coventry have agreed a deal for him to go there permanent in jan so he wont be recalled

Im sure when Robins did an interview the other day he said that he is desperate to keep hold of him after Jan but said it was unlikely as Championship clubs were interested, I could be wrong I will try and find where I saw it

8 games without a goal and his assists apart at Hartlepool and Saturday, hasn't really looked like scoring over the last three home games but that's down to a severe lack of service and support and all round crap tactics. Get him in the box, supply the bullets and he will score.

They also have Ishmael Miller on loan out to Boro, bloody hell how many strikers can a team have.

No wonder Derbyshire is out on loan

I went to school with Ishy, tried to talk him into coming on loan to us last time I saw him about 18months back...he just laughed at me...

That's what I heard mate, was happy to come, City paying his wages. Agent told him to sit tight until January, just what were looking for - a real box to box man. A rich man's Stephens…..

He's also a rich mans Lee Hughes in the drinking department aswell from what I've seen and heard a massive talent wasted he should be City's Steven Gerrard instead he was last seen pished hanging round the pubs of Manchester

Didn't realise he'd gone off the rails so badly. Maybe a lucky escape then. I agree on giving Winchester and Mellor a proper chance. Millar IMO is a waste of a wage and won't make it. Like so many under the present management he has stagnated and gone backwards due to a lack of chances

-

. Like so many under the present management he has stagnated and gone backwards due to a lack of chances

Can't have that. We've had 15 years or more now of apparently promising youngsters coming through but not really progressing; the list is endless.

I suspect, but don't know, that Philliskirk and co do a good job with the raw material that they have but I also suspect, but don't know, that other clubs have hoovered up most kids with two legs long before we get to choose. After all, the three kids we have had that have come through and gone on to potentially higher levels (Eaves, Philliskirk jr and Spencer) have all failed to cut it

Winchester looked a great prospect, not getting a look in despite regularly playing for his country.

Mellor worthy of 20 odd starts last season, really gave us an option at Chesterfield, ran the show when he came on. Not had a look in since.

Brown brought from Sheff Utd, nailed on he'll be dropped again tonight.

Gives Millar a very surprising one year deal, nowhere near the first team.

Nowt to do with Philli, pretty much everyone that comes in under Dickov will start well then stagnate, then go backwards, because they have to play such a one dimensional game. White, Evina, Tonk, Kuqi, Simpsonetc, etc…. even Wabara has stopped pushing on and now Derbyshire has become increasingly isolated. Baxter thankfully will have moved on before Dickov squeezes it out of him, so will play with a free spirit…..

I'm not talking about the last 15 years, Dave i'm talking about under Dickov - players go backwards. Eaves is scoring for fun in League 2 and will make it. Spencer and Philli were signed too early by Everton and Chelsea and didn't develop but that happens. The lads i'm talking about have proved themselves when playing in the first team that they can cut it and have a chance to be League footballers yet he doesn't trust his squad players preferring a procession of loanees and the golden 12/13 that play no matter what. As Saturday proved he would sooner play players out of position than trust one of his own young lads. Smith only got a game because Simpson was injured and even then only because his loan bid failed for Johnson.

Edited by oafcprozac

Winchester looked a great prospect, not getting a look in despite regularly playing for his country.

Mellor worthy of 20 odd starts last season, really gave us an option at Chesterfield, ran the show when he came on. Not had a look in since.

Nowt to do with Philli, pretty much everyone that comes in under Dickov will start well then stagnate, then go backwards, because they have to play such a one dimensional game. White, Evina, Tonk, Kuqi, Simpsonetc, etc…. even Wabara has stopped pushing on and now Derbyshire has become increasingly isolated. Baxter thankfully will have moved on before Dickov squeezes it out of him, so will play with a free spirit…..

I'm not talking about the last 15 years, Dave i'm talking about under Dickov - players go backwards. Eaves is scoring for fun in League 2 and will make it. Spencer and Philli were signed too early by Everton and Chelsea and didn't develop but that happens. The lads i'm talking about have proved themselves when playing in the first team that they can cut it and have a chance to be League footballers yet he doesn't trust his squad players preferring a procession of loanees and the golden 12/13 that play no matter what. As Saturday proved he would sooner play players out of position than trust one of his own young lads. Smith only got a game because Simpson was injured and even then only because his loan bid failed for Johnson.

^

This, this and this again. Couldn't agree more. Fully epxect all the fit apostles to start tonight. So much for having to fight for their place having been out of the side.

This is no different to any other management we've had in recent years. If they were good enough they would play. Mellor and Millar went on loan below the conference level, Smith hardly set the division below on fire last season before his injury. If we had another Chris Taylor or a Neil Eardley on the books they would be in the team.

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck