Starting XI for Yeovil?

DICKOV...

He said: "There are two things I can do - stick with the boys who won four of the previous five games to last Saturday, tell them their pride has taken a dent with what I have told them behind the scenes and also in the press and go out and put it right because we know they are good players.

"The flip side is that I make wholesale changes."

--------------

Upset that no-one stood out in the ressies drubbing, especially as Winchester and Taylor have both had belters in the last month but unfortunately at the wrong time (during the good run).

IMO Dickov has two major decisions. Up front and central defence alongside Mvoto.

At the back Byrne is gonna be a doubt. I can only see PD sticking with the Wabara at centre back idea which despite the good run has serious limitations. Yes he is fantastic on the ball giving us a ball carrier from the back, but for 15mins against Donny and all 1st half against Swindon the Wabara/Brown combo at the back post looks very worrying. PD has gradually reduced the 1st team opportunities for Mellor,Winchester etc, and now appears to be looking to do the same to Tarky, who has done nothing wrong with the limited opportunities he has been given in the last 2 months - at Crewe he was outstanding. Why PD thought to bring on Brown on Saturday is beyond me, meaning effectively 2 new players (positions) just 15mins into the match. I would love to see Tarky start and reunite Wabara with Crofty on the right.

Up front in place of Derbyshire its likely to be a 50:50 call I would think in PD's head. Smith is most likely IMO to play with Baxter, but that style of play would detract from all the good stuff we did against Donny and Colchester. Simpson would lend better to the passing approach but means we would have 2 'forwards' as oppose to strikers. I would actually plump for the young Geordie Taylor who has just scored 5 in 3 for the reserves, hasn't been given a chance to impress yet, and is the most like-for-like replacement for Matty D. This is hopefully what Dickov means by "make wholesale changes".

My XI would be...

Bouzanis

Wabara Tarky Mvoto Grounds

Croft Furman Wes Mellor

Baxter Taylor

but I think PD will play Brown, Montano and Smith.

Surely he needs to give Smith a go with Taylor on the bench.

Smith has made an impact when he has been on the pitch and while he may not be Messi, we at least know what we'll get from him.

Behind Smith and Baxter it will be the usual suspects, Bouzanis back for me and Byrne is likely to start.

Yeovil's 6 ft 5 centre half they have on loan from Fulham is suspended. If he had been playing I'd have said play Simmo, without him play Smith.

I wouldn't fancy playing Tarky against Reid, purely because Reid ought to know how to give him major issues. If Byrne is fit he plays for me if not I'd play Wabara at CB with Brown at RB.

If KMB plays we need to get stuck into him, get in his ear and wind him up. But that doesn't seem likely.

Cisak if fit, stays in goal. It depends how he has recovered from being knocked out last week.

I would be very sorely tempted to play someone other than Montano, but it depends what has happened in training. He needs to play better though otherwise he is getting dropped next game. Crofty is slightly similar but he's got one game more grace for me.

If Smith plays who is going to pick up the ball when he wins the headers. I've seen Derbyshire deliberately try to position himself where Smiths flick ons may land. Baxter won't be their unless he is told to play up front. I reckon if Smith plays then so must Simpson who can replace Montano.

If Smith plays who is going to pick up the ball when he wins the headers. I've seen Derbyshire deliberately try to position himself where Smiths flick ons may land. Baxter won't be their unless he is told to play up front. I reckon if Smith plays then so must Simpson who can replace Montano.

Simpson isn't that type of player either. He's not a runner in the channels, nor is he a striker, he plays the Baxter role too. He won't get Smith's flick ons.

Your post suggests that we get Montano out of the team by any means necessary but maybe he could play the role that Derbyshire provided. It won't be popular at the moment as a consequence of his performance, or lack of performance against Swindon but he might just be the answer.

See, the strikers we have remaining are all tall men. We don't have a pacy forward who will make probing runs on the last defender's shoulder that Smith would be able to pair up with to create the big man, little man partnership.

Tomorrow I'd put Smith up front with Montano. It may just work if Montano is willing to run about a bit and chase lost causes that he's abandoned in the past. He's got the ability, that is for sure.

Edited by NewBlue

The problem for Tarky is that while he is an adequate replacement for Mvoto he isn't an adequate replacement for Byrne. I'd love to see Tarky and Mvoto as our starting centre back partnership but they've shown many limitations when playing together.

I really don't know what the best thing to do is in attack (as long as we get the most out of Jose). Part of me wouldn't mind seeing some of the fringe players get a chance to put pressure on the regular starters.

Well, it seemed from twitter Montano might have gone to bed at 9.50. Maybe he's had a word with himself!

To be fair to the bloke, there's nothing on his Tweets that suggests he's a wild one. Quite the opposite. Early bedtimes appear to be the norm.

Not that I stalk him, you understand!

Great talent, easily turned in to a half-hearted player on match day by an early kick.

To be fair to the bloke, there's nothing on his Tweets that suggests he's a wild one. Quite the opposite. Early bedtimes appear to be the norm.

Not that I stalk him, you understand!

Great talent, easily turned in to a half-hearted player on match day by an early kick.

My XI would be...

Bouzanis

Wabara Tarky Mvoto Grounds

Croft Furman Wes Montano

Baxter Simpson

that would be my choice - with Montano on a last chance game start - he has just gone completely off the boil in recent games.

I like Bouzanis in goal, better distribution of the ball, and yes Wabara should play behind Croft. Unless Byrne is a 100% he should not play - we need him for Crewe, Scunny and Forest. Where it all goes wrong is up front. Dan Taylor gets my vote. So what if he is young. Both Simpson and Smith will encourage the long ball and no one doubts we are at our best when passing the ball.