NFFC Away Atmosphere welcomed break!

I got my coach and match ticket on thursday morning and at the time the ticket office said we had sold 1762.

With this in mind I very much view this game as a bit of a welcomed break and the chance to enjoy a football match with a decent Latics atmosphere.

Anyone dejected over the past few months with the games at BP I would recomend going to this as for a tenner this has got to be the best valued game we have all season in terms of pubs, ground and support!

Bring on Round 4! OWTB!

NOTE: From past experience, the stewards give just one warning to sit down to away fans who keep standing and, if you don't, you are out!

I watched Leeds away at Forest and Palace away at Forest in the last 2 weeks and both sets of fans stood for the whole match.

The way to combat the sit down or you're out approach by stewards is for everybody to stand.

I watched Leeds away at Forest and Palace away at Forest in the last 2 weeks and both sets of fans stood for the whole match.

The way to combat the sit down or you're out approach by stewards is for everybody to stand.

pretty much all the big clubs stand up away from home

Remember this thread about standing at Anfield?

http://www.owtb.co.u...meerkating&st=0

Remember this thread about standing at Anfield?

http://www.owtb.co.u...meerkating&st=0

Trust me, I know what he was feeling after that match. I was on the BACK row, literally, number 36 I think it was, and I could barely see above the crossbar at the Kop End WITHOUT fans standing. I know what it is like to be completely blocked having paid to watch a match after being stood queuing in the torrential rain and freezing temperatures for 6 hours (and I didn't even get a cuppa poured by Dickov)!

However, at Forest, we won't fill the stand so those who don't want to be with the standing contingent have the option to sit. When I say 'everybody to stand' I obviously don't mean literally every Latics fan there. I know that there are fans that aren't able to stand for 90 minutes and there are fans that simply don't want to stand and I would never impede another fan's view by standing myself but I want to stand and hopefully so do a large number of fellow fans.

Lets be honest, there isn't going to be much of an atmosphere if all of our fans are seated and with the original post having had quite a few upgrades or whatever you call them, it's quite clear that people want to make some noise and have a good afternoon, both points correspond with standing at the match.

Edited by NewBlue

Trust me, I know what he was feeling after that match. I was on the BACK row, literally, number 36 I think it was, and I could barely see above the crossbar at the Kop End WITHOUT fans standing. I know what it is like to be completely blocked having paid to watch a match after being stood queuing in the torrential rain and freezing temperatures for 6 hours (and I didn't even get a cuppa poured by Dickov)!

However, at Forest, we won't fill the stand so those who don't want to be with the standing contingent have the option to sit. When I say 'everybody to stand' I obviously don't mean literally every Latics fan there. I know that there are fans that aren't able to stand for 90 minutes and there are fans that simply don't want to stand and I would never impede another fan's view by standing myself but I want to stand and hopefully so do a large number of fellow fans.

Lets be honest, there isn't going to be much of an atmosphere if all of our fans are seated and with the original post having had quite a few upgrades or whatever you call them, it's quite clear that people want to make some noise and have a good afternoon, both points correspond with standing at the match.

I think we will fill the section that forest open for us.

Does anyone see the game becoming pay on the day?

I just spoke to the ticket office to check the same and they said it will remain all ticket and there will be no pay on the day. I sense that may change (common sense) but probably best to sort tickets now in advance.

I just spoke to the ticket office to check the same and they said it will remain all ticket and there will be no pay on the day. I sense that may change (common sense) but probably best to sort tickets now in advance.

And if you're going by train ...

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/retailers/?search=Virgin&order=alpha&page=A

I`d say yes, it always happens if the allocation isn`t sold out. The more we sell in advance the better for policing/stewarding etc hence the keeping it an all ticket fixture. I expect a story on the Saturday morning, maybe even Friday evening say it is now pay on the day.

Whats the allocation we recieved in total? Answer - 4,000.

Edited by kellys_discopants

Just looked again on there site at the ticket hub, they have shifted a hell of a lot more than when I last looked. Bit sad that the block in the Clough stand next to us is pretty empty which could mean a poor atmosphere, i would say that have sold 65%-70% of what they put on sale but not sure how much that was

It sure is hell aint going to be the gate money I hoped for when the draw was made. If was a draw what do you reckon the crowd would be on a cold Jan night at BP? Obviously price dependant but at full price we would struggle to break 5,250 even with a full stand of their fans