Is anyone concerned we won't sell out?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No buying via phone or online or post.

How do fans who live far away feel about this, 1 x round trip for Brentford, 1 x round trip to queue, 1 x round trip for the match - are Latics in the 21st century yet - answers on the back of a postage stamp please.

They should contact the club, they can be helpful.

As much as people may want to view it as expensive, it's not. To watch City or United against a smaller PL club, you have to pay more. To watch a half decent concert, you have to pay more. If people can't afford it, fair enough... But of other events can sell out, I don't think an extra 5 quid should make a difference.

Do people REALLY think the prices are excessive? An extra £5 on top of the usual adult price and another 10 for concessions. Has anyone been to the cinema lately? Or any other event at all?

Jesus, it's not OldhamAthletic.org for christ's sake.....

No I dont, but a £44 outlay is a bit if you are a part timer / lapsed fan

The £25 is not an issue, it's the £40 for my two kids that's hard to take. After much deliberating last night, and an EFM called (Extraordinary Family Meeting!) It was decided we would all go (me and the kids) providing they actually did the little jobs around the house they are supposed to anyway…...

After suffering Stevenage, Coventry, Bury, Tranmere, Donny, Swindon and Crewe, they deserve to see a decent match against decent opponents….

The £25 is not an issue, it's the £40 for my two kids that's hard to take. After much deliberating last night, and an EFM called (Extraordinary Family Meeting!) It was decided we would all go (me and the kids) providing they actually did the little jobs around the house they are supposed to anyway…...

After suffering Stevenage, Coventry, Bury, Tranmere, Donny, Swindon and Crewe, they deserve to see a decent match against decent opponents….

I think there's an element of the two edged sword of cheap season tickets. When 42p a game (or even £5 on the day) becomes £20 it's a very big jump. We do forget how cheap those original prices are, especially when some of the bigger teams don't have any child concessions at all.

I do agree the £20 is steep. But I think people will pay it. It's a once a decade experience.

And I want the club to make a mint out of it.

(Also, in fairness, my lad gets in free - so my view might not be as balanced as it should be).

Edited by opinions4u

It will sell out, there's no doubt about it.

I'll say what I said in an other thread. I'm not going as i've only been to a couple of games this season due to commitments

and there are people who go home & away, most matches, hardly miss a match and never miss a match. They're the people who deserve a ticket and deserve credit. I suppose that's a tad stupid but it's how I feel.

I remember when we played Liverpool last year and I couldn't get a ticket. I attended nearly every home game of the season but yet people who never go and rarely go ended up getting one. Experiencing this has just made me think that the same situation will happen for others this year, unfortunately.

I remember my first big game in November 1988, a Littlewoods Cup Replay v Everton. I had to mither like mad to go as I only saw my dad once a fortnight and he wanted extra access to take me to the game, my mum was initially reluctant but dad's tag-line was 'It was a game of a life-time'…..

Hmmmmm 3 years later we were a First Division club…… shows where my lack of belief comes from!

I'll say what I said in an other thread. I'm not going as i've only been to a couple of games this season due to commitments

and there are people who go home & away, most matches, hardly miss a match and never miss a match. They're the people who deserve a ticket and deserve credit. I suppose that's a tad stupid but it's how I feel.

I remember when we played Liverpool last year and I couldn't get a ticket. I attended nearly every home game of the season but yet people who never go and rarely go ended up getting one. Experiencing this has just made me think that the same situation will happen for others this year, unfortunately.

The same :censored:-houses that convened on Boundary Park like locusts in the late 80s, Early 90s greedily consumed all of its' glorious memories then disappeared as quickly as they arrived leaving very little behind for the faithful 3 thousand or so to endure….

Edited by oafcprozac

Sounds like you've got a better claim to go than a lot of people that will end up with a ticket.

I'm wondering whether our 3 nephews will promise to be good for Mum.and Dad for years to come...I have a feeling that it'll be forever and ever...tomorrow will just be another day and they'll be knocking 7 bells out of each other again

Guaranteed!

Week after we beat City in 2005, 1 down after 20 seconds at home to Donny, lost 1-2

Week after we beat Everton, conceded last second equaliser to Brighton compounding a 4 month winless streak at home

After the Lord Mayor's Show….

Edited by oafcprozac

Well you just have to take a chance then and wait for them going on open sale.... We will probably be bloody dire against Brentford anyway!

Nah - I'll pick mine up on saturday. I was just giving it as a reason why tickets will be on open sale.and the dire performance vs Brentford!

No buying via phone or online or post.

How do fans who live far away feel about this, 1 x round trip for Brentford, 1 x round trip to queue, 1 x round trip for the match - are Latics in the 21st century yet - answers on the back of a postage stamp please.

Of course you can order by phone. I've just ordered mine + £1 postage - sorted. I found the stand-in ticket salesperson very efficient as usual.

Of course you can order by phone. I've just ordered mine + £1 postage - sorted. I found the stand-in ticket salesperson very efficient as usual.

You've ordered a Liverpool ticket over the phone? How does that work in terms of the ST voucher?