I reading this right? ....

when the Latics end was sold out at Stockport a few seasons ago (lost 3-1, Liddell scored from a corner) I went into the home stand and kept my head down, but when i went to the ticket office i was initially refused because I had an 'OL' postcode... granted we went to another ticket booth and paid cash but it nearly stopped us seeing the game. Maybe a similar idea could/should be used for this game to avoid any Liverpool postcodes getting tickets?

I was going to mention this game - there was a running commentary about what questions to be ready for if you phoned them up! I do think it's slight over reaction to the fact of them selling to locals who want to come with family, but I see know reason to advertise the fact you are doing it.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just emailed the club asking whether they think there will be tickets still available on friday as that is the only time I will be able to get down there....the response

"Just come down and purchase a ticket"

Doesn't really answer my question!

I would suggest just give them a call and ask them to send you one.

I've just emailed the club asking whether they think there will be tickets still available on friday as that is the only time I will be able to get down there....the response

"Just come down and purchase a ticket"

Doesn't really answer my question!

a hard question for them to answer to be fair

I already phoned and they said they couldn't send them via post because that's not a viable option at the moment, presumably because all their carrier pigeons are busy at the moment, or maybe because they'd like to give all the scousers a chance to get across and get a few for themselves, sorry for the sarcasm but you'd of thought everyone who wanted one by now, who could get one from the ticket office cues would of done by now, and it's just the ones like myself who can't get down due to work commitments etc who want one over the phone.

Edited by carlos

It's actually very brave and forward thinking of the club. The days of tribal warfare on the terraces are (supposedly) long gone and the club attitude is reflecting this.

If at the end of the day we have scousers sitting next to us in the Chaddy, then too bad, it's really only because we just don't have the support to fill the place with our own fans.

Hopefully, on the night, it'll all be good humoured and we'll all be footy fans together, whatever the result.

Hopefully.

It's actually very brave and forward thinking of the club. The days of tribal warfare on the terraces are (supposedly) long gone and the club attitude is reflecting this.

If at the end of the day we have scousers sitting next to us in the Chaddy, then too bad, it's really only because we just don't have the support to fill the place with our own fans.

Hopefully, on the night, it'll all be good humoured and we'll all be footy fans together, whatever the result.

Hopefully.

Until a certain South American punches one in the net !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by losesome

Hopefully.

Good comments.

But I'm taking a cosh and my shank just in case.

Hopefully.

No thought has gone into this - that is the problem.

exactly what i was about to post, some of the stuff that comes out of the club is baffling, you'd think people who had half a clue about oldham athletic would know that posting stories about opposition fans buying tickets in the home end wouldnt go down well.

Never mind a clue about OAFC, it'd be a start if they simply had people with some common sense!

Edited by bossrocks