Stoppage time sickener

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just knew it would happen because my Latics Player was about 40 seconds behind everyone else's.

Last-minute sickeners like that can absolutely destroy teams. I can't think of any exact Oldham examples but everyone knows what I mean.

Wembley 94 rings a bell

Can't keep a clean sheet that's a big problem when you cant score a lot

I think that is spot on, the bigger problem IMHO is conceding, we are up against it in so many games.

We do need a striker too, but the defence needs just as much attention.

It's not the defence's fault entirely that we're not keeping clean sheets.

If you struggle to score then your defence are over-pressured. It feels like if they concede then we lose.

Obviously the defence has to take some blame for conceding lots recently but I reckon if we start to create an attacking threat then we'll see a more fortified defence.

typical latics, not doing their jobs to the last seconds yet again - defeat after defeat whether deserved or not - time for someone new to get these players playing attacking football and able to win games - talent is there, tactics and know-how from the management isn't, sorry PD, bye bye

It's not the defence's fault entirely that we're not keeping clean sheets.

If you struggle to score then your defence are over-pressured. It feels like if they concede then we lose.

Obviously the defence has to take some blame for conceding lots recently but I reckon if we start to create an attacking threat then we'll see a more fortified defence.

This manager won't change his beloved system and that's what could take the club down.

I never thought we'd win today but when we look like snatching a draw then throw it away in the last second of the game, its relegation stuff. I'm seriously worried and I honestly think Dickov will take us down. Lose next week to Liverpool and all the good vibes go out of the club, we're in a dog fight but couldn't fight our way out of a paper bag right now

The good vibes went a long time ago for me. I was all for giving PD time at the start of the season but this club is on its way down. I don't buy into the talented squad rhetoric that others do but its all about opinions. I think we still we are likely to go down even with a change at the top but it cant get much worse!

This manager won't change his beloved system and that's what could take the club down.

Felt ill today so chose not to go but I heard on Twitter and people that Taylor and Smith caused problems when they played together. Taylor read a lot of Smith's flick-ons and got two 1-on-1's as a result of them.

Put them 2 up front together. Please. Anything to change this run, but as you say, Dickov is so stubborn even in the face of his system crumbling that he won't change unless Philliskirk intervenes.

Felt ill today so chose not to go but I heard on Twitter and people that Taylor and Smith caused problems when they played together. Taylor read a lot of Smith's flick-ons and got two 1-on-1's as a result of them.

Put them 2 up front together. Please. Anything to change this run, but as you say, Dickov is so stubborn even in the face of his system crumbling that he won't change unless Philliskirk intervenes.

Unless Corney intervenes.

I think that is spot on, the bigger problem IMHO is conceding, we are up against it in so many games.

We do need a striker too, but the defence needs just as much attention.

This season we have not scored in 8 games (all matches) ie 25%

And kept clean sheets only 6 times ie almost 20%

The squad is so threadbare that I think you will find Lee Croft has had to start every game , only player ??? , an easy target & wrongly imo.

Wes's sending off has been a disaster , player & manager knew Furman was away in January ,and yet we still lose our other first choice midfielder for 3 games , not too clever was it ?

Last 2 games I don't know why they didn't start Brown , move Grounds up the wing.

1 point in 21 with form of LLLLDLL in the league.

It was always going to be tough to go to Coventry, but it's beyond unlucky now. Something is wrong between having the players who are easily good enough for top half and the club sitting in 19th place.

Knowing Latics we'll give Liverpool a right good game, but we're in real danger of putting ourselves in the :censored: in the league when we should be better than that.