This is why he has to go!

This for me is why he has to go and tonight, 20 minutes effort is seemingly enough for the worst manager statistically in our history, time to STOP making excuses for this deluded fraud….

"I told to the players I feel for them, but don’t feel sorry for them as we cannot afford to feel sorry for ourselves. Life is all about challenges and so is football.

"And if the players show me the effort, character and commitment they did today, we will be fine."

We had ten behind the ball for around 70 minutes, we stood off put in half arsed challenges and left Smith so isolated if it wasn't so infuriating it would be funny. All this against a very poor Coventry side, i'm sick of losing and conceding impetus to the :censored:e that this league serves up week in week out. Ronnie Moore hasn't a pot to piss in yet his team of kids and loanees are top of the league because they have a go instead of aiming to get to HT 0-0 every bloody week!

We have a paper thin squad and most of them may be pussies, but they are better than relegation fodder and that unfortunately is staring us in the face…..

Agreed. He will not get the sack because our piss poor club management don't have the balls or the ambition to do it.

well the football league show described it as "coventry had the upper hand for the majority of the game, against a very poor oldham side. justice was done when they scored the winner in the 95th minute of injury time". if neutrals are describing it like that im guessing we wernt very good.

for me we will forever be :censored: until we get investment in, but i do agree dickovs time is up. replacing a very bad manager with a distinctly mediocre one has got to be better than sticking with a very bad manager.

while we are on the subject of replacing dickov, both odriscoll and hill started new jobs today, so both are out of the question. whose the no.1 target now then?

We played well today, we was unlucky to lose. I really don't know what people expect. Had we played terrible and won nobody would say a thing.

We're unlucky most weeks.

With the exception of the Swindon game (where player attitude was collectively abysmal) we're a bunch of nearly men. The Brentford defeat a week ago was a game I've seen dozens of time under Dickov. Silly mistake at the back, give it a bit of a go and waste a few chances. Lose. Unlucky.. The recent run is bunch of LLLLL with the odd D thrown in. The run before that was even more LLLLL.

We seem to be "unlucky" most weeks. That's because the opposing manager knows exactly how we're going to play. Even if the personnel change we will still play the same predictable way.

What do you seriously expect? I expect to see a team of apparently half decent players move the ball around a bit faster, score a goal a game more and cut out some of the crazy errors at the back.

If Dickov had been "unlucky" then the luck would, at some stage, turn. But it hasn't. So I've drawn the conclusion he's just a bit :censored:.

Edited by opinions4u

here is the win rates for lets say the most "un-favored" latics managers in recent times

talbot {36%} dickov {29%} penney {27%}

thing is with PD is he isn't going to get sacked anytime soon and i cant see why any other club is going to headhunt him

the target this season was the same as it was last season... survival

yes PD has brought in some good players but lets be realistic here, we have not got the money or squad depth to be pushing for promotion, PD is new to the management game and his still learning his trade as he goes along, he needs time and and i think the club are willing to give him that, for me if we get relegated he has to go, if he keeps us up which i am fairly confident he will do the club and him will not go there separate ways

well the football league show described it as "coventry had the upper hand for the majority of the game, against a very poor oldham side. justice was done when they scored the winner in the 95th minute of injury time". if neutrals are describing it like that im guessing we wernt very good.

for me we will forever be :censored: until we get investment in, but i do agree dickovs time is up. replacing a very bad manager with a distinctly mediocre one has got to be better than sticking with a very bad manager.

while we are on the subject of replacing dickov, both odriscoll and hill started new jobs today, so both are out of the question. whose the no.1 target now then?

Where's Keith Hill's new job?

No it's not a serious question but a very insolent one. Grow uo !

Sorry Sir, but I'm struggling with the original statement. "We played well today we was unlucky to lose". I'm sorry, but the person who posted that is either deluded, of on mind altering hardcore narcotics. We were :censored: (again) yesterday, and Cov were marginally less :censored: than we were.

Edited by danoafc

I missed forest, but that few mins aside , the last time we played " well " was in about September !!!

Worst latics team I've seen , not in ability , in guts, hard work, pride in the shirt , even penny had a game plan, stick 9 behind the ball and whack it to pav !!

Had enough of dickov, alarm bells should have rung when he got rid of greegs and pav , hindsight is a wonderful thing . . ,

Had enough of dickov, alarm bells should have rung when he got rid of greegs and pav , hindsight is a wonderful thing . . ,

To be fair, those departures were almost certainly cost decisions driven from above.

Can getting rid actually make things actually any worse than they already are??????

For me, the odds of improvement are exceptionally high if a change is made.

Edited by opinions4u

Can getting rid actually make things actually any worse than they already are??????

No,if we change manager the next game we play the opposition will not know what system we are going to play. as it stands at the minute we play the same week in week out. I know it was a different scenario but when we went 3-1 up at Forest Baxter dropped deeper picked up the ball and started picking little passes. Alright they only had 10 men but for me this is the way to go. 2 up front, Baxter deep, let him be creative where he might find a little bit more time and space. And i would give Sutherland a start on the left, get at them my son.

Last Ten League Game...

Oldham 1-0 Shrewsbury (W)

Doncaster 1-0 Oldham (L)

Colchester 0-2 Oldham (w)

Oldham 0-2 Swindon (L)

Yeovil 4-1 Oldham (L)

Oldham 1-2 Doncaster (L)

Oldham 1-2 Crewe (L)

Scunthorpe 2-2 Oldham (D)

Oldham 0-2 Brentford (L)

Coventry 2-1 Oldham (L)

For: 9

Against: 17

7 points from 10 Games!!!!!!! Utter rubbish. It's depressing when you read it like that.

Edited by Jsweeting24

Last Ten League Game...

Oldham 1-0 Shrewsbury (W)

Doncaster 1-0 Oldham (L)

Colchester 0-2 Oldham (w)

Oldham 0-2 Swindon (L)

Yeovil 4-1 Oldham (L)

Oldham 1-2 Doncaster (L)

Oldham 1-2 Crewe (L)

Scunthorpe 2-2 Oldham (D)

Oldham 0-2 Brentford (L)

Coventry 2-1 Oldham (L)

For: 9

Against: 17

7 points from 10 Games!!!!!!! Utter rubbish. It's depressing when you read it like that.

Minimal injuries, settled line up

here is the win rates for lets say the most "un-favored" latics managers in recent times

talbot {36%} dickov {29%} penney {27%}

thing is with PD is he isn't going to get sacked anytime soon and i cant see why any other club is going to headhunt him

the target this season was the same as it was last season... survival

yes PD has brought in some good players but lets be realistic here, we have not got the money or squad depth to be pushing for promotion, PD is new to the management game and his still learning his trade as he goes along, he needs time and and i think the club are willing to give him that, for me if we get relegated he has to go, if he keeps us up which i am fairly confident he will do the club and him will not go there separate ways

Problem is, aim to survive too often and we won't 'succeed' every time.

This for me is why he has to go and tonight, 20 minutes effort is seemingly enough for the worst manager statistically in our history, time to STOP making excuses for this deluded fraud….

"I told to the players I feel for them, but don’t feel sorry for them as we cannot afford to feel sorry for ourselves. Life is all about challenges and so is football.

"And if the players show me the effort, character and commitment they did today, we will be fine."

We had ten behind the ball for around 70 minutes, we stood off put in half arsed challenges and left Smith so isolated if it wasn't so infuriating it would be funny. All this against a very poor Coventry side, i'm sick of losing and conceding impetus to the :censored:e that this league serves up week in week out. Ronnie Moore hasn't a pot to piss in yet his team of kids and loanees are top of the league because they have a go instead of aiming to get to HT 0-0 every bloody week!

We have a paper thin squad and most of them may be pussies, but they are better than relegation fodder and that unfortunately is staring us in the face…..

Given that the board made their move a couple of weeks ago, by effectively sacking PD's backroom staff, we're probably stuck with PD until the end of the season. However, all bets are off during the summer!

The board/PD need to bring in the 'experienced' assistant manager sooner rather than later, for their 'plan' to have a chance of working. Why the delay?

We need a definitive 'yes' or 'no' from Derbyshire, and if it's a 'no' then we need another striker before the transfer window closes in a week and a half.

If we could ship out a couple of the youngsters on loan, we may then have some funds to bring in another midfielder. Wes is also back on Tuesday.

Maybe, just maybe, but then I'm a glass half full type!

:pray:

Given that the board made their move a couple of weeks ago, by effectively sacking PD's backroom staff, we're probably stuck with PD until the end of the season. However, all bets are off during the summer!

The board/PD need to bring in the 'experienced' assistant manager sooner rather than later, for their 'plan' to have a chance of working. Why the delay?

We need a definitive 'yes' or 'no' from Derbyshire, and if it's a 'no' then we need another striker before the transfer window closes in a week and a half.

If we could ship out a couple of the youngsters on loan, we may then have some funds to bring in another midfielder. Wes is also back on Tuesday.

Maybe, just maybe, but then I'm a glass half full type!

:pray:

Let's be honest, they'll be no assistant manager coming in, them 3 going was done as a cost cutting measure.

Everyone knew that Derbyshire wouldn't be going anywhere tll Jan 31, we should have turned our attentions elsewhere.