Team for notts

Ok on paper not the best looking 11, but for me Jean " he s dodgy you know " mvoto, croft and Simpson need benching , in the latters case releasing on a free !

Boozy

Wabara

Byrne

Tarky

Brown

Kiefer

Changy

Baxter

Grounds

Smith

Taylor

I'd love to see a change in formation , as has been said many times , why play wingers when we don't get the ball wide and put crosses in, we should put another body in midfield centrally and try and win that battle rather than always being over ran.

However dickov tactically is stuck in the late 80s early 90s so we will of course line up nice n rigid 442 .

Tactics, defenders win your individual battles and defend ( a bit more in depth but you get the gist )

Changy run around a lot, win tackles, and always loil for Jose

Jose try to pick balls down the channels for taylor, or over top for Sutherland ,

When grounds has it, smith peel towards the right, grounds hang high diagonal balls up, get taylor Sutherland and Baxter ALL sniffing for knock downs and flick ons.

Sutherland enjoy yourself and run at your man every time .

Taylor run in between there centre halves and full backs for joses passes and keep close to smith when applicable .

Laticacid for manager !!!!!

We all know the team will be at Notts County as follows:-

Boozy

Wabara

M'Voto

Byrne

Grounds

Croft

Wes

Simpson

Changy

Baxter

Smith

Mellor will be dropped back to the bench, that will be the only change. Dickov is like reading a book

What would my team be?

Boozy

Brown

Tarky

Byrne

Grounds

Sutherland

Wes

Baxter

Hughes

Taylor

Smith

Shake it up properly, ok i'm bringing in two kids on the wings but can they really deliver less that Croft and the crocked Montano have? Taylor and Smith have looked good together in their fleeting pairings and my views on Wabara and the badly out of form M'Voto are well documented.

Edited by oafcprozac

Bouzanis

Wabara, Byrne, M'Voto, Grounds

Croft, Wes, M'Changama

Baxter

Smith, Taylor/Simpson

Time for a formation change. Croft and M'Changama would press for second balls when we go long through Smith, and be available if Baxter has to pass backwards - to then play forwards to the front men.

To ensure width, Grounds and Wabara would edge forward like wing backs as the whole team presses. This is a system to get us pressing forward. I don't care if we play it long from our half. We try and play football in their half.

If we get caught on the break when Wabara and/or Grounds have ventured forward, Croft and M'Changama would cover the full-backs' positions and they'd recover to midfield before reverting.

If we need to be conservative, we keep the back four tight and Taylor and Baxter do the leg work pressing their back four (which we've missed since Derbyshire left) and out wide.

And at least there'd be two players ahead of Baxter, when he gets the ball, to play off - which might lead to some shots on goal off Smith's flick-ons, instead of regular, beautiful Baxter cross-field passes out wide only for Simpson/Croft to get pressed quickly and then an average cross get cleared easily (!)

Edited by IceStationLatic

As long as it has Connor Brown in for Wabara, Taylor AND Smith up front together, Baxter, Wes and maybe Tarky to give us some distribution from CB then I'm happy.

Choosing from the young midfielders is tough because none of them seem up to the standard yet. Mellor and Winchester have been out of their depth in their previous starts and the only one who seemed to impress yesterday was Sutherland. However, I'd rather us play 3 in CM because we don't have a LM so we'd be unsymmetrical which leaves Sutherland out.

I don't envy Dickov in picking this team but there are the basics aforementioned that simply have the be there.

Boozy

Wabara

M'Voto

Byrne

Grounds

Croft

Wes

Simpson

Changy

Baxter

Smith

Mellor will be dropped back to the bench, that will be the only change. Dickov is like reading a book

What would my team be?

Boozy

Brown

Tarky

Byrne

Grounds

Sutherland

Wes

Baxter

Hughes

Taylor

Smith

Shake it up properly, ok i'm bringing in two kids on the wings but can they really deliver less that Croft and the crocked Montano have? Taylor and Smith have looked good together in their fleeting pairings and my views on Wabara and the badly out of form M'Voto are well documented.

You can be my assistant manager, I like the cut of your jib

Drop Wabara and Croft...........both garbage yesterday.

Croft......lots of effort and no end result. Wabara.....simply nothing. All our problems came down that side.

My biggest gripe is Simpson.......apart from one half-arsed one-on-one with the goalie and a shot from outside the box, he did nothing, he didn't tackle, he didn't pass, never tried to get close to Smithy and pick up the secondary ball. The guy has got talent but looks like he only wants the big games.

I would bring in Brown for Wabara, play with 3 centre midfielders in Wes, Changy and Jose with Sutherland as our one winger and let him switch from one flank to the other.

And Taylor needs a few opportunities in the starting line-up with Smith. There were signs of an understanding between them yesterday and hopefully, if he can get into up to speed, the partnership may bear fruition.

The 10 minutes after Taylor came on was the only time we looked remotely threatening.

We actually played with (dirty word) tempo and had them rattled.

Don't think Mellor did a lot wrong considering it was his first start in god knows how long and would love to know what the thinking was putting Grounds into midfield.

Why is Croft in anyones line up? Fat, only goes 20 yards either side of half way, can't beat a man and looks more like Broady every day. Wabara is having to provide the defence and the attacking threat on the right.

Dickov won't have the balls to drop his chums before Sundays big game. Simpson and Croft simply do not deserve to start at the moment.

I put him in because he at least still has some technique and can actually pass the ball. In a midfield three, perhaps he could use his weight to an advantage (!)

Perhaps the tactics aren't doing him any favours - with Wabara often sitting deep and thereby the opposition having two men on him and knackering him out when he's covering off the ball.

I think a similar thing is happening with Simpson when he's playing out wide or in the middle.

We've got to start playing to people's strengths and building a team around that.

Not shaping a team around an increasingly flawed policy of 'getting the ball down' (passing sideways and backwards) in a 4-4-1-1

I put him in because he at least still has some technique and can actually pass the ball. In a midfield three, perhaps he could use his weight to an advantage (!)

Perhaps the tactics aren't doing him any favours - with Wabara often sitting deep and thereby the opposition having two men on him and knackering him out when he's covering off the ball.

I think a similar thing is happening with Simpson when he's playing out wide or in the middle.

We've got to start playing to people's strengths and building a team around that.

Not shaping a team around an increasingly flawed policy of 'getting the ball down' (passing sideways and backwards) in a 4-4-1-1

You.need to be fit to play in the middle. I can't think of a player more over weight that i have seen at BP. He has got bigger tits than the ticket office milf.

If we had a slow right back he would be exposed as the passenger he is. All he does is lay the ball off. Brings nothing in the last 3rd.

Boozy

Wabara

M'Voto

Byrne

Grounds

Croft

Wes

Simpson

Changy

Baxter

Smith

What would my team be?

Boozy

Brown

Tarky

Byrne

Grounds

Sutherland

Wes

Baxter

Hughes

Taylor

Smith

The book is a horror story.

Prozac is right it will be the same old players who haven't performed, and the same old tactics which haven't produced the desired results or entertainment this season.

The manager is so blinkered he can't see what's going on around him.

Edited by BP1960

Personally, I'd go five at the back, with Grounds and Wabara acting as wing-backs with licence to bomb forward when we're countering, and give us attacking width. Give Crofty a rest. I don't think he's played too badly actually, but he could do with one. Playing 5-3-2 alleviates the problem of who to play left-wing, too; nobody. Give Taylor a go with Smith, let Baxter do his t'ing in the gap behind the front two. We'd also have options on the bench (Simpson, Croft, Sutherland etc.) which'd make a nice change.

Bouzanis

Grounds

M'voto

Tarky

Byrne

Wabara (or possibly Brown)

Wes

M'Changama

Baxter

Smith

Taylor

I'd take a point.

Personally, I'd go five at the back, with Grounds and Wabara acting as wing-backs with licence to bomb forward when we're countering, and give us attacking width. Give Crofty a rest. I don't think he's played too badly actually, but he could do with one. Playing 5-3-2 alleviates the problem of who to play left-wing, too; nobody. Give Taylor a go with Smith, let Baxter do his t'ing in the gap behind the front two. We'd also have options on the bench (Simpson, Croft, Sutherland etc.) which'd make a nice change.

Bouzanis

Grounds

M'voto

Tarky

Byrne

Wabara (or possibly Brown)

Wes

M'Changama

Baxter

Smith

Taylor

I'd take a point.

That's more like it, but we just know it won't happen.