Excitement for Sunday.

After our crap run of form recently and the team playing as though they have just met each other (although switching the midfield every game cant help) my excitement for the Liverpool game seems to have all but vanished.

I'm just praying we dont get spanked live on national television, and that we at least put up a fight, but based on the league since Forest, It doesnt seem as though the team will even do that.

Sorry for being all doom and gloom but ties like this FA Cup match are virtual freebies in terms of expectations, yet I dont have any expectations for sunday.

I just feel let down by football at the moment, and a lot of it has to do with how we play and how the team is managed, ie. Nonexistently.

Keep the Faith.

I think the players will turn up on Sunday, put in a performance we all know they re capable of, then win lose or draw return to the same pathetic shower of :censored:e in the league.

Please go paul, thanks for the effort and Jose , but go now, taking simpson with you

Dont we have a tradition of getting spanked on TV from way back.... Burnley, Villa, Watford if dads memory it accurate.

Dont think any in between either a famous performance or a last stand. Actually glad I will be in Berlin.

Ive never seen us get spanked apart from Blackpool in the playoffs and Sheff Weds away last season.

How can you not get up for Oldham v Liverpool in the FA Cup 4th round at Boundary Park!

Things are :censored:e at the moment but on Sunday for as couple of hours we can put it all behind us and enjoy the day for what it is!

Bradford have won one in 6 or something, do you think that ruined the build to yesterdays game for them?

We might get spanked, we might not, we didnt expect anything at Forest and yet we are still in the competition

Im as pissed off as anybody and worried about what is going to happen this season but for one day we can forget that and just get behind Oldham Athletic and show the country we can create at atmosphere when we want to

We put up with all the :censored: for games like this so make the most of it as it may not happen again for a long time!!!

Edited by palmer1

Im half expecting us to up our game and with a bit of luck go close to getting a result. Would be typical latics to do that. That would actually highlight dickheads lack of ability to get the players up for :censored:ey league games.

Im going for a brave defeat rather than the dry bumming some are predicting.

My collegue who is an Liverpool ST holder reckons Gerrard and Suarez won't be playing on Sunday as their eyes will be on the PL games against Arsenal and City.

I'm not feeling very positive at the moment but no doubt we will raise our game and theres a good chance that they won't be up for it. We'll probaly lose 2-1 with Matt Smith getting all the goals.

we're on a pathetic run of form.

they're finding form and knocked 5 in last game.

we have matty smith and carl winchester.

they have luis suarez and steven gerrard.

cricket score surely?

but it's the FA Cup, surely this is exactly the type of game that literally anything can happen? last year i hoped for nothing more than a goal to celebrate and it will be the same this year. to be honest, to see Steven Gerrard play football will do me! i'll take any chance to forget the 'LLLLDLLL' form and i'm going to enjoy the first big crowd at BP i will properly be able to remember. Come on Latics, lets do a Bradford!

This is the FA Cup 4th Round again Liverpool for Christ's sake! If you can't get up for this then, seriously, what on earth is the point of supporting Oldham?

Get down to BP, bring your voices, and pray for a miracle - playing at an even colder than usual BP in January off the back of a horrific run of form, against a team who'll be thinking it will be easy and will have 1 if not 2 eyes on the Premier League - this is what the Cup is about! Keep The Faith!!

Edited by JoeLatics

seem to remember us playing well on tv at home against MK Dons, last season was it? that's the last decent TV game I can remember us featuring in.

despite not fully feeling the excitement now I know come saturday morning ill be buzzing, I cant wait tbh, the cup buzz, you cant beat it! Liverpool at home in front of a full house at BP, who cares if we get battered?

Im going down earlier than usual JUST to soak up the atmosphere, I hope we sing all game tbh, no matter the result. let's be honest, when was the last time we sold out Boundary Park? 8 years ago? Its about time we did again and you never know, the magic of the cup could just see us prevail. However, more likely than that reality will see us get destroyed and laughed at by the rest of the football league but ah well.

All we can do is sing our hearts out, get behind the team and hope it's the kick up the arse they need. It seemed to work against Forest and if I feel the way I did after Baxter's free-kick, unzipping everything to unveil my Jose Baxter Baby tshirt and screaming at the top of my lungs for the rest of the game, I really don't care whether we win lose or draw. Obviously a win would be unbelievable!

ps. I didnt even regret it when I was sat on the coach home with a damn sore throat!

:OWTB1: