Whats a respectable scoreline on sunday?

I was thinking about this, I know we've been gash in the league BUT Mansfield from the BSP gave them a game last round and only lost 2-1, why can't a side from two divisions higher go out with the attitude that they can win....

Having said that, I wouldn't bet on an Oldham win, a draw and a replay at Anfield would be a good outcome if we didn't win.

I was thinking about this, I know we've been gash in the league BUT Mansfield from the BSP gave them a game last round and only lost 2-1, why can't a side from two divisions higher go out with the attitude that they can win....

Having said that, I wouldn't bet on an Oldham win, a draw and a replay at Anfield would be a good outcome if we didn't win.

That argument could be turned on its head saying Norwich lost 5-0 to Liverpool so for us (2 div lower) to lose 7-0 would be respectable. However, you are right that we have to go out with the attitude that we are capable of winning.

Personally, I would love to see us take a lead, hang on to it for more than 5 minutes and see what happens. If we score and lose by 2 or less, it will be respectable but that doesn't necessarily mean I'd be happy with it.

0-4 or above is poor , they are not going to play their first team , with Arsenal to follow.

Go out with the same spirt , passing and go for it mentality as against Forest & Donny in the cup & who knows.

Be scared to death and play like the drivel we have put out in the league for a year and we will get murdered.

Far lesser teams than Liverpool have put 4 5 and 6 past us under no tactics dickov

We've never been routinely battered under Dickov, not this season anyway. It's the fact that teams consistently cruise to one or two nil victories against us that irks people.

I'd take a dull one goal victory but being the home side and it being on tv, i'd like us to show our true ability and settle for nothing less than a two goal margin. With the quality in our back line, we shouldn't be conceding, that is unless Suarez makes his own rules up again. I'd expect the midfield stats, especially possesion and completed passes to be well in our favour and finally shots at goal, be it off or on target we should be shading it.

Anything less and i'd give Dickov the boot and bring someone like Di Matteo in!!!

Whilst we would all love to see Oldham put in a performance and get something from the game. It is actually a double edged sword, as if we do produce a good performance and / or a decent result, after the jubilation and euphoria had calmed down, it would question even more how these players can have 1 point from 24 and be hurtling towards League 2?