Chris Iwelumo

Smith has had one good game in terms of goals and performance and now he is deemed undropbale? :censored: off.

How have we done in the league when he has started? :censored:e.

This lad will be a beast. Hold the ball up and scare defenders. Smith should watch and learn.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith has had one good game in terms of goals and performance and now he is deemed undropbale? :censored: off.

How have we done in the league when he has started? :censored:e.

This lad will be a beast. Hold the ball up and scare defenders. Smith should watch and learn.

No, he's not, but he showed enough on Sunday for me to say we already have a very effective big man in this squad. Who's going to score the goals?

Pushing Smith out ? Seems harsh

smith has done nothing apart from the last couple of games. The last few weeks he has been good but that's not guarenteed to last till then end of the season is it. Edited by 4froale

Straight up beast. Experienced, gives us a bit of muscle. Happy with that.

Who the :censored: is loaning out prolific goalscorers anyway?

I have not seen him play, so I will reserve judgement.

However, it has been mentioned many times, that to play and win in League 1, you need a big team, who will muscle their way out.

So, we have tried the tippy tippy stuff, powder puff tactics!!!!!!!!!! Now lets try this approach

This is the same Sky that has had us having Jose Baxter and now Paul Murray on loan. The same Sky that understood Sheffield United making a formal complaint about Lee Croft.

I'm not saying it won't happen but I'd rather wait for another source before confirming it.

smith has done nothing apart from the last couple of games.

Disagree, he's been a handful throughout his extended run, and on other occasions too such as at Sheff U but has mostly been isolated and on his own up top due to a reluctance from his team mates and the manager to push bodies forward and gamble. If people get in and around his flick ons he causes havoc as we saw Sunday. Another good example was Taylor's cameo at Coventry, Smith had been so isolated, suddenly Taylor came on latched onto his flick on s time and again and we looked a realk threat. On Sunday, Perhaps because it was a big game, our players took chances and made runs we have not been seeing during this dire run. Perhaps Dickov sent them out for one last hurrah. Either way if Smithy is again isolated at the Bescot then things will have to change. And despite the high opinion of Derbyshire, Smith has scored as many as he did and in less starts.

Smith can learn from him, but i'm hoping he's one for the bench as after Sunday Smith should be undroppable for the foreseeable future. Although he's definitely more effective away from home. But his performance on Sunday shows how he can play at home IF we take the game to the opposition. Murray I can understand, this one I can't really. It's a goalscorer we need not another big lump.

Hold's it up well by all accounts.

If the ball's going to stick up top maybe the midfielders can be less cautious and get forward more?

You cant take away what Smith did against Liverpool but lets not forget the games before this. I like him but he has hardly been ripping up trees.

I would say Chris Iwelumo is certainly better at holding the ball up and is a more agressive player (bar Sundays game i have never seen an ounce of aggression from Smith) and i would also say he cant be any slower than Matt Smith.

Matt deserves his chance on Saturday and will now always be remembered after the Liverpool match but this was a freak performance going off his previous games. i think if we sign Chris then we will see him take Matts place in the coming weeks on merit.

Its now up to Matt to keep his place.He has set the bar now and if he keeps up that performance he will never lose his place but i just cant see it.

smith has done nothing apart from the last couple of games. The last few weeks he has been good but that's not guarenteed to last till then end of the season is it.

Smith has done very well for the last few weeks and this is the first time he has been given a run of games. Can't imagine that a player who has found his form and confidence in the way he has would now be benched but nothing seems to have been said about the results of the scan on his shoulder so maybe cover is part of the reason. I really can't imagine that we're looking to play them together - it'd be a huge change in our tactics.

Don't talk piss hes started about 9 on the trot!

Is it possible to talk piss? He's down well when played from the start. It's the tactics of getting nobody close to him that's been the problem. He's extremely limited as a footballer but very effective.

I can't see anything anywhere about Iwelumo joining us? I hope not, this would be an awful signing. Awful player and can't even do well at this level which was seen when he went on loan to Notts County! Another Feeney type signing I think, keep Matt Smith in! He is just hitting form! So unfair if true.

Smith has done very well for the last few weeks and this is the first time he has been given a run of games. Can't imagine that a player who has found his form and confidence in the way he has would now be benched but nothing seems to have been said about the results of the scan on his shoulder so maybe cover is part of the reason. I really can't imagine that we're looking to play them together - it'd be a huge change in our tactics.

a few weeks ago people were slagging smith off left right and centre, he is now the prodigal son

You cant take away what Smith did against Liverpool but lets not forget the games before this. I like him but he has hardly been ripping up trees.

I would say Chris Iwelumo is certainly better at holding the ball up and is a more agressive player (bar Sundays game i have never seen an ounce of aggression from Smith) and i would also say he cant be any slower than Matt Smith.

Really?

He was superb at Forrest & Scunthorpe and has battled on without support beyond that. He certainly added aggression to his game long before Sunday.

We've had enough youngsters on loan who palpably were not ready for first team action inckluding quite a few who have demonstrated since that they had the ability - Blackman, Hines, Lowe, Grabban and even Mantom spring to mind.

In the situation we are in I'd rather have a big experienced lump than someone who might turn out to be good in a couple of seasons' time

This is the same Sky that has had us having Jose Baxter and now Paul Murray on loan. The same Sky that understood Sheffield United making a formal complaint about Lee Croft.

I'm not saying it won't happen but I'd rather wait for another source before confirming it.

Mr Chambers has confirmed its close