6pm Saturdsy 19th

Would you be tempted to offer the prize money as a player bonus. Sort of so many points and beat Everton the squad can share the £190,000 knowing you are quids in by being in last 8 as certain for TV ? Just a thought....wont happen but I would be tempted to offer some. Then we can call them money grabbing barstewards. Points in Div 1 matter most.

Shouldn't need an extra monetary incentive to perform to their best.

Wouldn't do it.

Hard to sack someone who makes that much for his employers, regardless of the bigger picture!

Depends on how much your expenses claims are pal!! (ie how much it'd cost if we went down in the process!).

Actually when you add in the prize money from rounds 1, 2 and 3, it's probably much closer to £700k.

Would you be tempted to offer the prize money as a player bonus. Sort of so many points and beat Everton the squad can share the £190,000 knowing you are quids in by being in last 8 as certain for TV ? Just a thought....wont happen but I would be tempted to offer some. Then we can call them money grabbing barstewards. Points in Div 1 matter most.

Fairly sure that sort of incentive cannot be written in to a contract mid-season.

FA rules.

A few months ago I had a dream that we got to the semi finals and played Chelsea it couldn't happen could it...

6PM kick off extra 3 hours in the pubs 3000 scousers in town the police better be ready it might get tasty specially when Baxter gets a late winner

On a purely selfish point of view I wouldn't be able to do Sunday so this is great news,

With the Forrest, Liverpool and Everton games we should have made enough if we stay up to wipe out any losses for 2013 even if you count the additional cost of the pay offs for Duxbury Taggart and Butler which is great news from a financial point of view in fact if we stay up it should also prevent any further budget cuts on the playing side.

If we did the unthinkable and won then we can raise our expectations for next season for possibly a promotion push as we can increase the budget to add the extra 3-4 players that we need to make the difference the gap between top and bottom in this league could be that small.

Some Irishmen in a pub somewhere in County Kildare will be surprised to find a minibus half full of Latics fans careering into their car park at 5.55!!

I have friends in Newbridge in Co. Kildare. I lived with Elaine at Uni and she's a converted Latics fan (ish). She was very pleased about the result on Sunday - more so than her husband Pete, a Liverpool fan. Sure they'll both be supporting Latics on 16th now though.

Was Supposed to be working, even though Im saving for a house and had no intention of going to stevenage I thought randomly "Ill book that saturday off" Thankfully!

We had a non-refundable hotel booked in Stevenage that weekend. It's right up there with our booking of a non-refundable hotel for JPT final last year in the "making sure the match does not go ahead" stakes.

We had a non-refundable hotel booked in Stevenage that weekend. It's right up there with our booking of a non-refundable hotel for JPT final last year in the "making sure the match does not go ahead" stakes.

can you book a hotel and train ticket to wherever we are due to play when the quarters are scheduled then? :grin: