Corney The Clown

I think Simon Corney is deluded. How can he say we have a talented squad? our starting 11 is talented without a doubt but all you have to do is look at our bench and its kids. So baring in mind we only really have a starting 11 and no squad depth realistically we knew this season was going to be a struggle. Then when he says he doesn't know if Oldham want a club anymore is harsh. Does he forget that we have man united and city on our door steps with a lot of glory supporters choosing to watch them.

I think Simon Corney is deluded. How can he say we have a talented squad? our starting 11 is talented without a doubt but all you have to do is look at our bench and its kids. So baring in mind we only really have a starting 11 and no squad depth realistically we knew this season was going to be a struggle. Then when he says he doesn't know if Oldham want a club anymore is harsh. Does he forget that we have man united and city on our door steps with a lot of glory supporters choosing to watch them.

Bit harsh, calling him a clown. He is saying, get off your sofa, and support your local club.

:first:

Can you blame fans for staying away? Gutless :censored:e week in week out, yes we've done really well in the FA Cup, legendary in fact, they all united, played as a team and came through these games, even half of this every week would be a lot better than some of the performances I've seen this season, and until they start putting the effort in can you really blame fans for staying away?

You posted exactly the same in another thread.

We do have lots of talent - the big criticism is that it's not been used to best effect.

And the figures on attendances - not just this season - makes his point about the desire of Oldhamers for a club. Doesn't matter how near Utd or City are, people have to show that desire by attending.

Can't find much inaccurate with what SC said.

Edited by LaticsPete

yes i agree that more people should get off their sofa but in reality our whole squad isnt talented like he says. we have a talented first 11 but we have kids to bring off the bench so what does he expect. now wether that is down to lack of money or dickov not doing the business i dont know but we need to be realistic with the squad we have

calling the man a clown is pretty low and goes to show the man is right to question wether you deserve a club . he provides the money to keep the club afloat and has backed the manager to the tune of 50 + players in the last three years . he does not coach or manage them so is not responsible for results . you can choose wether to attend matches or not but he has to carry on every day and this is the thanks he gets .

Not sure he's noticed :S

yes i agree that more people should get off their sofa but in reality our whole squad isnt talented like he says. we have a talented first 11 but we have kids to bring off the bench so what does he expect. now wether that is down to lack of money or dickov not doing the business i dont know but we need to be realistic with the squad we have

And your reason for calling him a clown is.

I would normally agree about people being realistic, but what was realistic about beating 5 times European Champions?

my reason is simple i dont agree we have a talented squad like he says and i have mentioned. i agree our first 11 is up there with one of the best in the league but our squad depth is awful. one or 2 injuries costs us big time. being realistic with the SQUAD we have it is always going to be a struggle for us. BUT im not making excuses for the poor league position im just commenting that as a squad it isnt good.

You posted exactly the same in another thread.

We do have lots of talent - the big criticism is that it's not been used to best effect.

And the figures on attendances - not just this season - makes his point about the desire of Oldhamers for a club. Doesn't matter how near Utd or City are, people have to show that desire by attending.

Can't find much inaccurate with what SC said.

Agreed

my reason is simple i dont agree we have a talented squad like he says and i have mentioned. i agree our first 11 is up there with one of the best in the league but our squad depth is awful. one or 2 injuries costs us big time. being realistic with the SQUAD we have it is always going to be a struggle for us. BUT im not making excuses for the poor league position im just commenting that as a squad it isnt good.

Our starting 11 is up there with the best in the league?

That's clown talk.

So you are upset because you think that asking if Oldham wants a club or not is harsh (which I agree it is-not the words I would use) and then call him a clown. His comment is no harsher than yours.

Edited by singe