The news from the queues!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only ST's and vouchers have had a chance so far then guess between 4000 to 4500, leaving between 3300 and 3800 still to be sold.

Hundreds if not a thousand or so will have been sold additionally to ST holders and Match ticket holders, I know people who got 3 additional on one season ticket.

Exactly, don't support the club when the football's :censored: but can find the cash for a glamour tie! I know there are loads of people who genuinely can't afford to go but the majority can and choose not to do, i know lots like that, i see them at all the 'big' games!

Yea, and aren't they the fans we're trying to convince to come back?

How do we convince them to come back if we make it more difficult to come to the more attractive games? I know a few people have posted on here that they've started attending again because of seeing us vs Liverpool.

Even the cynic in me would prefer an excellent marketing opportunity to stayaways than filling nearly 50% of the ground with away fans. If it convinces even just a small % of those stayaways to attend more regularly then its been worthwhile.

Would you begrudge us higher attendances if we were chasing the promotion on the basis that those extra fans aren't watching us now?

Yea, and aren't they the fans we're trying to convince to come back?

How do we convince them to come back if we make it more difficult to come to the more attractive games? I know a few people have posted on here that they've started attending again because of seeing us vs Liverpool.

Even the cynic in me would prefer an excellent marketing opportunity to stayaways than filling nearly 50% of the ground with away fans. If it convinces even just a small % of those stayaways to attend more regularly then its been worthwhile.

Would you begrudge us higher attendances if we were chasing the promotion on the basis that those extra fans aren't watching us now?

Now then we have someone who has actually thought out a reasoned argument, I agree with your sentiments entirely but where did the additional supporters that tagged along to Liverpool last year and the home game against them this time go?

I would like nothing more than ever to see another 1000 fans or so stick it out for a few games after the big games, alas history has proved that this doesn't happen. They want to be part of the big occasions but that unfortunately is where it ends.

I must say I was disappointed by the size of the gate on Saturday v Franchise. I'm from Middleton and hardly missed a home game from 1968/9 through the 70s. I then moved away and now live in Worcs so can only get to a handful of home and away matches a season, but I've gone every year whenever possible. Once it's in your blood....... I thought that offering the Franchise ticket as a Cup voucher would have boosted attendance but seemingly not. Still, it was a good performance and a vital win.

To show how crazy I am I had to travel back down the M6/M5 after that and then back up again on Sunday morning.....apologies Traffordtic but I was at the Liverpool game and had to be at the Everton one too! Don't know if that makes me a glory hunter (though as someone said, how can you accuse a Latics fan of that??!!). Got the same seat for both matches so I hope it's an omen. If it's half as good as Everton in 1990 it'll be a great game.

I must say I was disappointed by the size of the gate on Saturday v Franchise. I'm from Middleton and hardly missed a home game from 1968/9 through the 70s. I then moved away and now live in Worcs so can only get to a handful of home and away matches a season, but I've gone every year whenever possible. Once it's in your blood....... I thought that offering the Franchise ticket as a Cup voucher would have boosted attendance but seemingly not. Still, it was a good performance and a vital win.

To show how crazy I am I had to travel back down the M6/M5 after that and then back up again on Sunday morning.....apologies Traffordtic but I was at the Liverpool game and had to be at the Everton one too! Don't know if that makes me a glory hunter (though as someone said, how can you accuse a Latics fan of that??!!). Got the same seat for both matches so I hope it's an omen. If it's half as good as Everton in 1990 it'll be a great game.

Ha, don't need to apologise to anyone, there are hundreds of fans who are one way or another exiled in the UK or abroad. It's not you guys that I was aiming at, as I stated earlier its the ones on the doorstep.

trafford..where do u live.?..from my match day experiences i estimate that well over 20% of the hardcore of 4000 attendees live at least 8miles from the ground

Be careful when quoting 'stats', you can't just make them up. Is the hardcore as many as 4000 and on what do you base your 20% apart from it being a figure you've plucked out of the air? Anyone of us can name a percentage but without any real measure then it's meaningless, without being rude, what is you're trying to say with your guesstimated stats?

Just basing on my observation and experience why every fan possibly can't attend every match so may not have a season ticket ..no motive intended. My questimate is based on percentage as in opinion polls.

Ah right, no problem with you making it up as you go along although opinion polls are just that......based on people's opinions not a guess on what they might have said.

I am not a season ticket holder, or a voucher holder. I have been to half a dozen games this season. I live in Manchester and there is no way I'll be able to get down to the club for a ticket. Do you think I will have a problem over the phone as I don't have a local address?

Also, does anybody when tickets will go on open sale? I would hate to miss the game.

Cheers

I am not a season ticket holder, or a voucher holder. I have been to half a dozen games this season. I live in Manchester and there is no way I'll be able to get down to the club for a ticket. Do you think I will have a problem over the phone as I don't have a local address?

Also, does anybody when tickets will go on open sale? I would hate to miss the game.

Cheers

Don't know but if you can see this........... I hope you get sorted!