Good Omens for a Victory over Everton?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Friday afternoon at work before the Liverpool game I did :censored: all and I've done precisely :censored: all this afternoon too.

A win is in the bag really.

+1

Mind you I also did the same before the Walsall game. And the Coventry game. And the Brentford game.

Tomorrow will be 'David v Goliath', whose story took place in a battlefield setting with the soldiers' weaponry and armour similar to those wielded by Trojan Warriors. TP says Baxter has worked "like a Trojan" this week and both he and Matt Smith now have Warrior boots. You couldn't make up a story like that!

It's all falling into place and I'm getting quietly confident. :)

Tomorrow will be 'David v Goliath', whose story took place in a battlefield setting with the soldiers' weaponry and armour similar to those wielded by Trojan Warriors. TP says Baxter has worked "like a Trojan" this week and both he and Matt Smith now have Warrior boots. You couldn't make up a story like that!

It's all falling into place and I'm getting quietly confident. :)

Pre match meal of tesco Trojan horse burger

I found a £2 coin on the road outside the Greyhound before the Liverpool match. Brought it to the MK Dons match. Two wins out of two.

It's now tucked away with tickets for tomorrow and will make it 3 out of 3 .

Or you could spend it on the Euro Millions tonight win it outright and buy the club.

A David Moyes horoscope for tomorrow;

You will be feeling listless, lazy and out of sorts today, and will tend to ignore and neglect important tasks scheduled for the day. guard against this tendency as you could miss out on opportunities that others could then benefit from.

I have just returned from my pre match ritual, Friday teatime boozing, will have the obligatory bacon sarnie in the morning, did this for the Forest game, only problem Liverpool was the Sunday. How do I get the lucky omens back in place?

Forest - Saturday. Liverpool - Sunday. Everton - Saturday. 6th Round - Sunday.....lucky pattern!

Jenny says if you rub it you get good luck, but that may be just a girly thing. The superstition about the players touching the Cup bringing bad luck may be an old wives' tale rather than a young girl's. Anyway, enough of rubbing up the right or wrong way, I'm looking for good omens to support my own

The best opening sentence I've ever seen on OWTB. Bravo.

As for superstion, the past four games I've been wearing a coat I had fixed and a pair of trainers I found that I bought a while ago (Jeans too, not had my bollocks hanging out) so I'll go with that outfit for the Everton game. I also wore it to Southend end and Anfield last season but spilt ketchup on it pre match @ Anfield (which is why we lost). I'll avoid any tomato based condiments all day tuesday.

When we played Everton in 2008 I wagered my then girlfriend (now wife) that if we won I'd buy her a cat (which I’d refused to do for Christmas) but in return I’d have the naming rights and would name it after the winning goal scorer. I have to admit I thought I was on fairly safe ground here and wouldn't end up having to make good this wager.

We now have a ginger, slightly obese cat called Gary MacDonald.

So we’re entered the same wager this time round. Perhaps we’ll soon have another cat named Matt Smith?! I'm just glad these cup runs don't come round ever year!

I haven't seen us win a league game since Rochdale at home 2011. However I've seen us win a fair few cup games. I also have a shirt that has seen 2 wins and a defeat since Christmas. I bought a Mars Duo at the Liverpool game and offered to share it with my Dad, then ate it all myself.

I don't know if these are omens or extracts from my tedious autobiography, but either way I'm quite nervous about tomorrow now.

Be grateful.............I havent seen us win a league game or any game of any description since we beat Cheltenham 2-1 on 4th Nov 2007!

The best opening sentence I've ever seen on OWTB. Bravo.

As for superstition, the past four games I've been wearing a coat I had fixed and a pair of trainers I found that I bought a while ago (Jeans too, not had my bollocks hanging out) so I'll go with that outfit for the Everton game. I also wore it to Southend end and Anfield last season but spilt ketchup on it pre match @ Anfield (which is why we lost). I'll avoid any tomato based condiments all day tuesday.

I have worn my Guiness logo socks at home to Liverpool, Everton, MK Dons and Portsmouth. I was at each of those games.

I will be wearing them on Tuesday but will not be at the game... will it be enough...? :omg: