We are only potentially 180mins from Wembley

I dont want to get ahead of myself and the above is a huge task but there doesnt seem to be a massive excitement ahead of tomorrow's tie looking at the threads and comments on here that there was for the Liverpool and even Forest games

Everton are a better side than Liverpool (not bigger) granted but we again get the chance to take on a premier league giant who are playing as well as they have for years and a manager right at the top of his trade who is being touted as the next manager of Man Utd or Chelsea

I hope tomorrow we really enjoy the occasion and Im sure we will or at least I hope forget the woes on and off the pitch for 90mins

Should we win and we are capable we really could make a cup semi-final with a huge payday in the worlds most famous cup competition with the right draw be it a Barnsley, Millwall, Mk Franchise, Luton etc

I apologise if I have judged it wrong and it may be as im outside of the town it might be that but seems little buzz of the actual game on here or our own offical site and we still havent sold out

I'm not as excited for this as I was for Forest and Liverpool the day before the game, unfortunately.

It's probably a mixture of being in the relegation zone and the impending battle to survive and that I feel like we have less chance of beating Everton as we did Forest and Liverpool which even if we did win, there would be less coverage about us winning this one as the Liverpool game received.

Although when I get inside the stadium and the match kicks-off I'll be as excited as I was for the prior rounds. The build up is certainly less optimistic and avid but I'm sure there will be no discrepancies between the last 2 rounds and the Everton game when we're in the stadium, as long as we don't concede early.

Edited by NewBlue

Its probably because everton are not seen to be a big glamourous club like liverpool are. no matter what anybody says, a victory over liverpool will always outshine anything we can do against everton, no matter what the league placings. but i agree, the liverpool game got much more attention than the everton one has

I think in many ways people think that we’ve had our excitement and will get knocked out. I actually thought that after Forest and didn’t get up for the Liverpool game until just before and perhaps when Smith Scored. I’m quite excited now though. If we play as well as we did against Liverpool, I think with a bit of luck we can do this.

COME ON!!!

Although the victory over Liverpool will outshine a victory over Everton it will be harder to beat Everton simply because we beat Liverpool. If Moyes makes the mistake of playing a weakened team more fool him. We can beat whatever turns up.

He won't. He hasn't in the previous rounds.

He won't. He hasn't in the previous rounds.

Good for us, then. Means if we put in a good performance and fail to win, we have done so against a top quality side that plays week in, week out.

And if we get some sort of result, it'll be all the better for it.

Today is the first day I have felt excited about tomorrow, whatever the result, we've exceeded every expectation in the cup this year (remember when we all thought Donny would beat us?) and we've beaten Liverpool along the way. If it ends tomorrow, then I think this cup run makes up for those two seasons where we failed to make it past the first round in any competition.

Yes, the league table makes crap reading, but forget about it for one day and enjoy the atmosphere. Who knows, we could even surprise people again!

I dont want to get ahead of myself and the above is a huge task but there doesnt seem to be a massive excitement ahead of tomorrow's tie looking at the threads and comments on here that there was for the Liverpool and even Forest games

Everton are a better side than Liverpool (not bigger) granted but we again get the chance to take on a premier league giant who are playing as well as they have for years and a manager right at the top of his trade who is being touted as the next manager of Man Utd or Chelsea

I hope tomorrow we really enjoy the occasion and Im sure we will or at least I hope forget the woes on and off the pitch for 90mins

Should we win and we are capable we really could make a cup semi-final with a huge payday in the worlds most famous cup competition with the right draw be it a Barnsley, Millwall, Mk Franchise, Luton etc

I apologise if I have judged it wrong and it may be as im outside of the town it might be that but seems little buzz of the actual game on here or our own offical site and we still havent sold out

Completely agree. I've been amazed how low key this has been. It's a massive game against one of the best 6 teams in the country. These days don't come along very often.

Give me mid table and Dowie on a contract for next season over any further progress in the Cup.

I know where you are coming from but give me TP leading us out at Wembley and us surviving by a point over that any day.

This Everton game reminds me a bit about the Bolton cup game under Talbot. Beating City was fantastic as they had a lot of big name flair players but while Bolton arguably didn't have the better technical players, their setup was much more disciplined, down-to-earth and pragmatic. I remember that we had a decent amount of the ball but didn't look like hurting them in the key areas.

Replace City with Liverpool and Bolton with Everton and that's what I feel may happen tomorrow unfortunately.