FA Cup Qtr Final draw

Cannot understand wanting United now. If we get through the replay we're ninety minutes from Wembley and I want Barnsley at home. No disrespect to Barnsley, but apart from us (and Brentford who've still got to win two ties including one at Chelsea) they're the weakest side left in the competition.

A bit of me thinks we will stand a better chance though at Goodison if the winner is drawn away to United. Purely on the basis that Everton must surely fancy their chances to win the thing, and if they know the reward from beating us is the sternest test that they could face then it might knock the wind out of their sails, whilst a home tie against the proverbial lesser opposition may act as a further incentive.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot understand wanting United now. If we get through the replay we're ninety minutes from Wembley and I want Barnsley at home. No disrespect to Barnsley, but apart from us (and Brentford who've still got to win two ties including one at Chelsea) they're the weakest side left in the competition.

A bit of me thinks we will stand a better chance though at Goodison if the winner is drawn away to United. Purely on the basis that Everton must surely fancy their chances to win the thing, and if they know the reward from beating us is the sternest test that they could face then it might knock the wind out of their sails, whilst a home tie against the proverbial lesser opposition may act as a further incentive.

Been thinking exactly the same.

I know a few Everton fan's and they would hate the thought of united Away in the 6th.

The draw could go two ways. Either we get a top-three glamour draw, or else we get less exciting but more winnable tie vs Millwall, Blackburn, Barnsley, Wigan/ Hudds.

I can see advantages to both types so don't mind either way.

There's only one tie which I think could be a half-way house, and that's Reading away which would be pretty :censored:. But at least it would mean United were out :grin:

I used to say I always wanted a top four premier side away if we ever get to the third round. after seeing the liverpool and everton games id choose a home tie every time. i would also choose a biggish premier side everytime as i cant see the players raising their game so much against a blackburn/barnsley/millwall, ala Hudds at home in 2008

i cant see the players raising their game so much against a blackburn/barnsley/millwall, ala Hudds at home in 2008

Not sure on that - in the 4th round you're still quite a way away from the end. If we have a QF I'm sure they'd be up for it whoever was drawn.

Likely to be 4 Premier League , 3 Championship teams & either another pampered 3rd round entrant or the only surviving gutsy underdog who has battled through since last year in Round 1.

In other words we are slightly more likely to draw a Premier League team than a Championship team.