Does anybody else think Dickov was a little out of order?

After watching the full game back yesterday, I was a little surprised to hear Dickov say at half time when asked, that 'Big Jean' was prone to making mistakes!

Regardless of what he thinks, I don't think he should be saying such things to a national tv audience.

I think it was a cheap shot and he has gone down a little in my estimation for it.

I also think to a man, everybody was immense on Saturday against a quality premiership team.

Thoughts anybody?

I'm a massive fan of Mvoto and fully endorse everything Dickov said. He does switch off occasionally, like many players at our level, I don't think the managers of the teams we have to face between now and the end of the season will have learnt anything from Dickov's comments that they wouldn't already be aware about from watching the dvds of our games.

After watching the full game back yesterday, I was a little surprised to hear Dickov say at half time when asked, that 'Big Jean' was prone to making mistakes!

Regardless of what he thinks, I don't think he should be saying such things to a national tv audience.

I think it was a cheap shot and he has gone down a little in my estimation for it.

I also think to a man, everybody was immense on Saturday against a quality premiership team.

And whilst jym can be very good , he does make mistakes like he did on Saturday , one of the reasons he's playing at our level

He is still a good player for us, and early days but naking a good pairing with Tarky.

Thoughts anybody?

Think you've got it wrong here

Dickov was as he always has been with Latics fair , respectful and honourable

How many managers have left a team after losing 8 out of 9, and still gets his name chanted?

Edited by stevesidg

Too soon.

Unfair on TP.

ITV might've made it as much about him as OAFC, which they did.

That said, I'm sure he "cleared" it with SC. just didn't sit right with me

I wouldn't say its unfair on Tony, after all he's not interested in the job full time.

However a couple of people have pointed out to me that Matt Smith appears to make a 'P' with his fingers after scoring. I'm not sure myself, but if that is a nod to Dickov I'd say its pretty silly at best.

Its not important, but just seemed quite odd to me.

Thoughts anybody?

You are too sensitive!

Too soon.

Unfair on TP.

ITV might've made it as much about him as OAFC, which they did.

That said, I'm sure he "cleared" it with SC. just didn't sit right with me

I agree with Harry on this one. I like PD, I hope he goes on to be very successful and I don't blame him for taking an appearance fee from ITV but I think they wanted the opportunity to make the PD angle, the story. I thought it was odd when it was announced that he'd be acting as the pundit because, if the game would've gone as ITV expected, the obvious questions would've been about what he would have done differently which isn't fair to TP.

I think everyone knows that PD wouldn't have picked that side. Tarky would have been on the bench, Furman would have started and the substitutions would have followed a different pattern. In some respects, another great result almost makes PD look peripheral which isn't fair on him.

It was nice that he looked to be enjoying the goal at the end but would have rather the camera had been pointing elsewhere at the time.

I agree with Harry on this one. I like PD, I hope he goes on to be very successful and I don't blame him for taking an appearance fee from ITV but I think they wanted the opportunity to make the PD angle, the story. I thought it was odd when it was announced that he'd be acting as the pundit because, if the game would've gone as ITV expected, the obvious questions would've been about what he would have done differently which isn't fair to TP.

I think everyone knows that PD wouldn't have picked that side. Tarky would have been on the bench, Furman would have started and the substitutions would have followed a different pattern. In some respects, another great result almost makes PD look peripheral which isn't fair on him.

It was nice that he looked to be enjoying the goal at the end but would have rather the camera had been pointing elsewhere at the time.

I think you're being far too sensitive. Dickov was offered a wad of cash to be a pundit on the game. He doesn't work for Latics anymore and so had every right to go ahead and do it. Who wouldn't? He's never, as far as I know, spoken out of turn when it comes to Latics.

In my opinion, it's idiotic to suggest he was "out of order".