Everton - Tuesday 26th Feb - 4,800 tickets for Away fans

I'd be amazed if they sell them all let alone sell them all before Sunday without going on open sale. How many home fans were there on Saturday about six and a half thousand, on a Saturday evening close to home? I think a lot of those who went on Saturday will opt for the warm fire, couch and tv option on Tuesday.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah FFS - I'm working away in Oxford on Tuesday night, and no way I can switch it around. I could have travelled up and just about made it if it was the Weds, but sod all chance for the Tuesday. Wont be even able to watch it on the TV.......sky+ it is; and nervous checks of my phone when I can.

Balls.

Big Hairy Balls.

One per season ticket is a bit of a kicker. What about children wanting to go with parents and actually sit with them?

Debating whether to go or not. Dont fancy sitting.on my own, but would love to be there.

Why not get a kids (under 16) season ticket £10 for your kid then they can get the ST ticket as well.

Agree. My Dad's got a season ticket but I haven't. Doubt he'll want to go on his own. Don't really understand why there are only 4,800 tickets.

I'm in roughly the same situation. I'm a season ticket holder and I'd like to take my nephew rather than go on my tod. What if I get mine and then loose out getting one in the open sale?

Looks like a TV job.

Ah FFS - I'm working away in Oxford on Tuesday night, and no way I can switch it around. I could have travelled up and just about made it if it was the Weds, but sod all chance for the Tuesday. Wont be even able to watch it on the TV.......sky+ it is; and nervous checks of my phone when I can.

Balls.

Big Hairy Balls.

Yes mate??

The club needs to have the 2 per ST holder system otherwise we won't sell out and I can't see there being much more demand for the Portsmouth game especially as most can't afford 2 expensive trips in 4 days.

I'm a believer that fans noise can really influence the players and it's been proven in the past 3 FA Cup matches; the more the better chance we'll get through to the next round.

So you reckon all the tickets will go to ST holders and the extra ticket they can get by attending the Pompey game?

No chance of them going on general come Sunday?

I reckon you'll be right on the Sunday mate, just get there nice and early. The fact it's on TV increases your chances a fair bit.

There is much to be said for trying to be fair but not every season ticket holder will be able to go on a Tuesday night and not every season ticket holder will want to go on a Tuesday night. If we can't sell out on a Saturday against Everton how can we sell out 4800 tickets on a Tuesday game starting at 7.45 with coaches leaving at 5.00pm. Using the Portsmouth ticket as a voucher appears to be rewarding home fans without season tickets but expecting people to queue after the game on Saturday to use the voucher is just daft. All this leaves Sunday (& Monday) for open sales.

The best thing would be to sell out the 4800 seats so we can make a noise. I could use an extra ticket for my wife, who attends home games now and then, but I'm not going to queue after the game on Saturday nor am I going to queue on Sunday when I already have my ticket.

The policy will cost the club money and support on the day. Stupid!

Instead of having to queue after the game, would it be possible to supply the turnstile opperators with Everton tickets? so anyone going to the Portsmouth game can get entry to the ground and their Everton seat in one go. Would cut down paper wastage with the vouchers and save the hassle of queuing for hours after the game

Edited by RoytonLatics

Instead of having to queue after the game, would it be possible to supply the turnstile opperators with Everton tickets? so anyone going to the Portsmouth game can get entry to the ground and their Everton seat in one go

That's not a bad idea!

Although one down side would be the lackl of being able to choose where you wanted to sit

To be honest though how many people sit where they are supposed to do. I know hardly anyone in the RRE did on Saturday and that was reserved seating.

To be honest though how many people sit where they are supposed to do. I know hardly anyone in the RRE did on Saturday and that was reserved seating.

This is true, not sat in my own seat for the Liverpool or Everton game and that was in the chaddy. Things can be different at away games though