Got my ticket

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live 100 miles away North from Oldham , but would still rather drive to Latics and leave the car on the car park, than leave it somewhere in Liverpool. Of course I may think different if I lived further south than Oldham.

I considered it from Bramhall for that reason, had a mare getting parked at anfield last season. But school night for my 10 year old and possible extra time and penalties, I need the quickest option. This is more an east / west than a north / south thing really.

I considered it from Bramhall for that reason, had a mare getting parked at anfield last season. But school night for my 10 year old and possible extra time and penalties, I need the quickest option. This is more an east / west than a north / south thing really.

Point taken, dont suppose it matters too much, the main thing is Be there. Will yer boy be coming to the game with you?

Point taken, dont suppose it matters too much, the main thing is Be there. Will yer boy be coming to the game with you?

We've been to every fa cup game home and away, so I have to let him complete the set. My screensaver is him tackling a Kidderminster cottage pie (or horse?) Season ticket too, so this balances a lot of the dross he has had to endure.

He's the only Latics fan in his school, although there are now plenty with us as their second team, I am gradually educating them with a second ten quid ST.

We've been to every fa cup game home and away, so I have to let him complete the set. My screensaver is him tackling a Kidderminster cottage pie (or horse?) Season ticket too, so this balances a lot of the dross he has had to endure.

He's the only Latics fan in his school, although there are now plenty with us as their second team, I am gradually educating them with a second ten quid ST.

Good man, lovely to see a man bringing his boy up in the proper manner, Also great idea regarding the 2nd season ticket. Keep up the good work. :imnotworthy:

7087705093_2b7a8c4d3c.jpg

Just got my tickets, taking my 8 year old daughter, this will be her first away game, does anyone know the best place to park near the ground, somewhere safe and easy to make a quick exit. She has school the next day and the mrs has already been questioning my judgement for taking her to such a game on a school night.

Edited by slider1

Just got my tickets, taking my 8 year old daughter, this will be her first away game, does anyone know the best place to park near the ground, somewhere safe and easy to make a quick exit. She has school the next day and the mrs has already been questioning my judgement for taking her to such a game on a school night.

Wouldn't risk it, coach from the ground , then relax and enjoy the game instead of worrying if yer windows have been put through.

I live 100 miles away North from Oldham , but would still rather drive to Latics and leave the car on the car park, than leave it somewhere in Liverpool. Of course I may think different if I lived further south than Oldham.

You'd rather waste all that journey time and pay on the coach on top of your petrol money than pay a fiver to park at Walton sports centre? That's mental.

Apart from the official car parks at Goodison, Stanley Park and Gwladys St School, there are loads of places off Walton Lane and County Road (by the McDonalds/Wetherspoons) if you need to park near the ground. If you want to beat the traffic you're better walking to Walton sports centre.

Are the soccer buses the ones to/from Sandhills station? Don't know anyone who uses them so don't know how reliable they are or how busy they get. If you want to avoid the buses near Goodison (which will obviously be a bit packed) you're probably better off walking up to Everton Valley/Anfield and getting the 27, they're due about quarter past and quarter to the hour and take about 15 mins into town. Or you could go to the pub on County Road for a bit then get the bus from there. But that probably doesn't help if you're getting the train back and you're in a rush.

Are the soccer buses the ones to/from Sandhills station? Don't know anyone who uses them so don't know how reliable they are or how busy they get. If you want to avoid the buses near Goodison (which will obviously be a bit packed) you're probably better off walking up to Everton Valley/Anfield and getting the 27, they're due about quarter past and quarter to the hour and take about 15 mins into town. Or you could go to the pub on County Road for a bit then get the bus from there. But that probably doesn't help if you're getting the train back and you're in a rush.

my mum is an everton fan. You can get a soccer bus to moorfields or sandhills stations. Shecsays they are reliable.

Those deciding not to go to goodison could miss out on a great night.We are on a roll and they are NOT going to relish facing us on Tuesday night, I'm getting a bit giddy already.But I'm not to sure that my 65 year old heart can stand bouncing up and down for two hours.

Darn poor student status! Utter gutted.. missed out in 08 missed out this season! Be there v wigan tho ;)

ok, but if i wasn't to take the coach, where would it be safest to park :coffee1:

It's residents only within half a mile of the ground. When we played liverpool I parked on utting ave, close to where frankby road meets it. That's about 1 mile walk but got me away from the mass of traffic.

For everton I'm thinking somewhere off walton hall ave, somewhere around cherry lane.

I'm pretty sure my 8 year old fiesta isn't much of a target though.

It's residents only within half a mile of the ground. When we played liverpool I parked on utting ave, close to where frankby road meets it. That's about 1 mile walk but got me away from the mass of traffic.

For everton I'm thinking somewhere off walton hall ave, somewhere around cherry lane.

I'm pretty sure my 8 year old fiesta isn't much of a target though.

8 year old Fiesta, It wont get to Liverpool :laught16: