Furman to Doncaster

Disastrous for me if he leaves. Granted he's been no Steven Gerrard this season, but then, hasn't everybody else been largely :censored:e as well?? The people who seem to have it in for him are probably the same who were also convinced Eardley was :censored:e as well......

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the most revealing question to ask is could we realistically find a better CM than him on his wages that would play for us?

completely agree with this! Really think his level head and encouragement was lacking at BP during his stint at AFCON. Even against Everton, his appearance provided much needed stability in midfield and gave something for the likes of Baxter,Smith and Croft to work off. Having said that, its very difficult with Wes playing so well and Baxter being an obvious selection.

On another note, he's on the back of my shirt!!

Disastrous for me if he leaves. Granted he's been no Steven Gerrard this season, but then, hasn't everybody else been largely :censored:e as well?? The people who seem to have it in for him are probably the same who were also convinced Eardley was :censored:e as well......

Not me, Dan. I said all along Eardley was a good player. But Furman is a big, steaming pile of donkey :censored:e.

Daft rumour ! No way would you let your club captin leave on loan when your in the middle of a relegation battle ! Furman might not have played to his full potential this season shown glimpses, but he is still a very valuable player to us hopefully TP or whoever comes in can get him back to his best !

Over-rated. Distinctly average. But - madness to let any of the squad leave at this stage of the season; in the dog fight that we're still in.

He'll be gone in the summer though; and tbf it'll be no great loss

What sly said

If he goes in the summer, good bye and good luck to the man, we move on.

But letting him go now without adequately replacing him would be silly

To be fair, it was his hacking away of the ball against Crewe which let to them scoring the winner straight after we equalised. He's really prone to that kind of thing.

is he really?

"prone" implies numerous occasions ... can you name anymore?

This thread is part of the problem at Boundary Park. We have an international player captaining our side taking home a modest wage and people complain. Can't possibly understand why such a player would lack the confidence to perform as he has shown he can for South Africa. Oh,wait...

• 3 weeks later...

Like furman and think he has unfairly taken the brunt of the criticism but if we can reinvest the money in a decent CB I would be happy

How many clean sheets have we kept this season in the league??

Pompey x2... Im already struggling to name more!

Not clean sheets we need; it's goals.

We have 2 strikers of our own. 1 being Smith who's going to leave at the end of the year, I suspect. The other being Dan Taylor who's played about 3 games all season. There needs to be another quality striker in the side for next season, at least.

Our defence/goals conceded competes with the top half of the table and the only reason we're ahead of the teams around us on Goal Difference is because of our defence. On the other hand, the attack has been diabolical for a while and is partially the reason crowds go down, our goalless football is simply not entertaining whatsoever.

I can't bear to have more defensive seasons. Of course reinforce the defence bu primarily get some good strikers in, get goals, get fans to feel they're getting value entertainment for their money (increase crowds?) and mount a charge that way.

I'm not too upset about Furman going. Quite frankly, his appearances since AFCON have suggested that he hasnt got the fight in him. Plus, we always seem to operate more defensively when he is in the team. Much prefer Wez in the same position.

Just hope we get a good fee for him a la Dale Stephens.

We'd be mad to get rid of a leader for a cheap loan when we need leaders more than we ever have done.

Have I missed something?

Just becuase he sometimes wears an armband does not make him a leader. For a captain, he has to be one of the least vocal I can remember.

I don't think tactics have helped Furman over his 3 years with us. Penney 1st season he was bi-passed, and under PD it's been a real mixed bag.

He's not as good at the DM role as Wes is IMO, and as an attacking midfielder; he's been hit & miss.

I still think he's merely an average player for our level. On his day, he can look very decent, but taken as a whole; he's been basically alright over his time here and that's all.

Thats said - in the :censored: as we are, and in the very real battle we have for league survival, I wouldn't be letting any of the side leave - from Furman right down the real fringe young lads. We need all available bodies IMO.

Guess we'll see eh? It might even be a swap deal; who knows?