Furman to Doncaster

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a good bit of business if we now bring someone in to help keep us up, if not, apart from a miniscule loan fee, what's the point.

Rightly or wrongly he was our captain.....if you look to get rid of the teams captain at this stage of the season what message does that send out to the rest of the players.

The actions of SC are baffling beyond belief!!!

I still think he's merely an average player for our level. On his day, he can look very decent, but taken as a whole; he's been basically alright over his time here and that's all.

Strikes me as the type of player who will do very well elsewhere, just like he did at the AFCON.

Either he's been really stubborn or he's been really badly used by our managers because when he gets forward he's really good. Shame he's been stranded in the CDM position throughout his time.

I'd rather we didn't get rid of him in the hope that a new manager can utilise him correctly next season; whether that risk is financially logical is another matter.

And whatever anybody says; having your captain is positively influential, just look at how bad we were when he left.

Edited by NewBlue

It will be a good bit of business if we now bring someone in to help keep us up, if not, apart from a miniscule loan fee, what's the point.

Rightly or wrongly he was our captain.....if you look to get rid of the teams captain at this stage of the season what message does that send out to the rest of the players.

The actions of SC are baffling beyond belief!!!

Why?

It's obvious he's one of the two who are off at the end of the season.

He's been largely :censored: anyway.

This way we get a bit of money for him.

If anyone's actions are baffling it's Doncaster's

Strikes me as the type of player who will do very well elsewhere, just like he did at the AFCON.

Either he's been really stubborn or he's been really badly used by our managers because when he gets forward he's really good. Shame he's been stranded in the CDM position throughout his time.

I'd rather we didn't get rid of him in the hope that a new manager can utilise him correctly next season; whether that risk is financially logical is another matter.

Has it been his managers using him wrongly or has it been Furman unwilling to put his neck on the line and take chances to create or score goals.

Maybe he won't try and do something good for fear of getting it wrong. Safety first, "Wasn't my fault gaffer".

And whatever anybody says; having your captain is positively influential, just look at how bad we were when he left.

Take your points, and you're more than entitled to them.....I just hold different ones.

I hope My Captain is both a vocal leader, as well as a example to the others in his style of play. Furman has been neither, all season - heck - for his total time here.

We've had far, far worse through the doors of recent years, that much is granted, but IMO he is hugely over-rated and is actually just an OK player for this level. If he moves up a level; he'll do well to catch; if he goes to another L1 team, he'll just blend in. Decent enough on his day I suppose, but hardly a stand out player in his time here.

As I say though, madness to let anyone leave, Furman or whoever, at this stage. If he is off, I would hope that another one would come in immediately; otherwise it's right up there with the most baffling decision of recent times......not for his abilties; but for sheer numbers and players need in the run-in. We need all hands to the pump; no-one should be leaving.

Why?

It's obvious he's one of the two who are off at the end of the season.

He's been largely :censored: anyway.

This way we get a bit of money for him.

If anyone's actions are baffling it's Doncaster's

Perhaps Doncaster can see Furman's quality and will consider it a bonus addition to their squad in their promotion run in just as Charlton did with Stephens a couple of seasons ago.

As for him being one of the two leaving, 3/4 of the bloody team will be off come June.

Apart fom the cup run this season has been a bloody joke!!!

Perhaps Doncaster can see Furman's quality and will consider it a bonus addition to their squad in their promotion run in just as Charlton did with Stephens a couple of seasons ago.

As for him being one of the two leaving, 3/4 of the bloody team will be off come June.

Apart fom the cup run this season has been a bloody joke!!!

Dale went on loan to Southampton.

slag SC for letting players go for free 'we should have sold him in January' - clubs aint gonna buy a player who they can get for free 6 months later......

Furman is sloppy as a DM and has no attacking instincts, very average player, likely to be a squad player at best.

Wes is a far better player and far more committed - Furman is like Simpson talks the talk on interviews and twitter but when it comes down to it never delievers.

Don't care whether told to defend as a midfielder by managers or not - it's your job to get up and down the pitch as a CM - don't recall Milligan, Henry or even Allott not crossing the halfway line, they all defended and got forward - he does neither and can't pass to save his life.

Take the £50k or whatever we get, better than nowt. For the record i don't think he will do better at a higher level, he is at his max in league 1.

Thinks he's the big guy now he's played for SA at the ACON, when in reality he is no one - had it been Baxter who actually posesses ability fair enough.

See ya Dean - Murray, Wes, Winchester, Baxter, Mellor can all do as good a job as Defensive Dean.

Bye

Asset stripping springs to mind - cash in, get off wage bill and ride this season out with what we got

Baxter will be next and then were back to square one

If, and a big if, we remain in this division then this forthcoming close season will be the most depressing since Chris Moore ripped the heart out the club. We have nothing positive to look forward to next season apart from some promising youth players....

No manager, redevelopment of the stadium under a cloud of doubt (nimbys will hammer the nail in the coffin to that), attendances on the decline, players wanting to jump ship rather than remain on the project and SC done a disappearing act spending more time in NY than OL1 (hopefully though he's lining up a buyer)