Furman to Doncaster

He's hardly been involved in our "renaissance" prior to Stevenage.

so get rid of him? were short on numbers as it is. Regardless of whether or not he is playing well at the moment we all know how good furman is when he's at his best(2nd half forest away etc). We certainly need players like him if we are to stay up, its would be absolutely stupid to let him go for some :censored:ty little loan fee.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan Gardner, a million times better, I reckon a £50,000 fee to Halifax + less than £1,000 a week will land him,

£50k For someone who has played 2 league games and then released by Crewe over someone who is an international midfielder

I have never seen Gardner granted but running games at that level against leauge 1 is a totally different story

Furman In

Quarmby Out

all I heard were people slagging him off, when he cleared the ball when we were under pressure some guy shouted ':censored:in'ell Furman stop losing the ball'

To be fair, it was his hacking away of the ball against Crewe which let to them scoring the winner straight after we equalised. He's really prone to that kind of thing.

I don't think we'd be looking to replace him until the summer

In the meantime Murray, M'Changama (if back this season), Winchester, Mellor, Wesolowski, Simpson, Baxter can all play there.

Money now rather than nothing in 3 months for a player we've got loads of cover for makes sense to me.

With M'Changama most likely ruled out for the season and Wes & Winchester currently nursing knocks/ muscle injuries, it's the timing that concerns me unless he is to be replaced or the three mentioned are available this weekend (or very soon).

I like Furman but he's clearly not had the best season wearing our shirt. I thought he'd be someone who would really be digging in during remaining league matches to get the points needed but seemingly not.

Some latics fans wind me up with their views on players. How would it benefit us to let our captain go at a time like this? people say he loses the ball too much but he isnt a ball playing midfielder, hes the type of midfielder that wins you the ball back with his tackling and work rate.

It's things like this that really piss me off. Furman is a good and improving player. Most of you have seen or been told how bad this team can be but you will also have been told or seen how good this team can be. The Dickov era did little to improve any player that came our way - most went backwards. Putting Wes and Furman both as holding midfield made them both look poor. They aren't he isn't. He is just the sort of player we should be trying to keep.

How can we need to sell anybody given the cash that has been generated by the cup run?

Had him on the back of my shirt since he was signed by he who should not be named.. Sure he has his off-days and this season hasn't seen the better of him, but how anyone could say we would be fine/ not the best we could do needs to have a rethink. He is our captain, he is a ball winner, power of foot and a top bloke in person. I would love to use some of the cup money to get him a better deal. Furman, Grounds, Simpson should be priority

Persumably Donny don't think this Gardner chap woudl be a better option.

I don't often comment on playing matters as i don't see manay games but having been to Stevenage and seen his contribution there I'd be astonished if he were allowed to go given the current league position, especially as Wesolowski hobbled off.

didn't we do :censored: when Stephens went to Southampton on loan?

and didn't we do :censored: when Furman went to South Africa?

He's our captain and we'd miss him a lot more than people think. Would be a bad move to let him go, because he's one of the players that will keep us up

With M'Changama most likely ruled out for the season and Wes & Winchester currently nursing knocks/ muscle injuries, it's the timing that concerns me unless he is to be replaced or the three mentioned are available this weekend (or very soon)....

Commenting on the Stevenage game in the Chron, Corney says “But we lost three good players who all came off injured - so we may have to go shopping again."

http://www.soccerbas...s&season_id=142

Soccerbase stats say we've been crap with or without him this season, slightly less crap without him last season and in Penney's season and crap with or without him in Dickov's first season.

In summary:- we've been crap and he's been a fundamental part of us being crap*

(*along with the majority of his team mates and his managers)

Edited by HarryBosch

Personally think loaning/selling him at this stage of the season is completely moronic. he is clearly a key figure in the squad, and all first teamers will be needed to play their part between now and may.

however, i fully expect him to leave in the summer and if im honest i wouldnt have any qualms about that. him and weslowski are one and the same, and we need to be getting a creative attacking midfielder in there alongside them. Furman isnt the be all and end all of this club.