Furman to Doncaster

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside The window?? On loan? Sees crazy when he is club captain, we are in a relegation scrap, set to play Everton next week, need to have all our best players a available for the next couple of months.

Just doesn't sit right

Edited by lmfmadridOAFC

Really hope not.

Those people who are willing him to leave musn't have seen how much we missed him during his stint at the AFCON. He's a very valuable player for us and was used wrongly at the end of Dickov's tenure in charge.

Philliskirk, or any other manager than takes over, can make him into a very good player that you could build a midfield around.

He's our captain and one of the only leaders which we'll need during a tough period where we try to survive.

Losing him now would be a disaster. (and Matt Smith wouldn't have a house!)

Outside The window?? On loan? Sees crazy when he is club captain, we are in a relegation scrap, set to play Everton next week, need to have all our best players a available for the next couple of months.

Just doesn't sit right

I'd rip their arm off if they'll pay a loan fee now rather than us lose him for nothing (his true worth?) at the end of the season.

Really hope not.

Those people who are willing him to leave musn't have seen how much we missed him during his stint at the AFCON. He's a very valuable player for us and was used wrongly at the end of Dickov's tenure in charge.

Philliskirk, or any other manager than takes over, can make him into a very good player that you could build a midfield around.

He's our captain and one of the only leaders which we'll need during a tough period where we try to survive.

Agreed

Really hope not.

I think he's been terrible apart from a few months purple patch when PD first came in.

That's not to say he won't do well/look good in another team but, for whatever reason, he's been no good in ours most of the time.

Please, please, please let this be true.

i think he is overrated! The ball is always like a hot potato at his feet, hardly under control and always seems an age to release the ball. On top of that he cant pass further than 5 yards without giving the ball away. However on the plus side he is decent at breaking up opposition play, always looked better when played higher up the pitch. With him now a regular in the SA squad hes not worth keeping. We have had the same issues with Rodney jack and JJ, they are away on nternational duty as often as they are here. If we keep him it would be a waste of a pretty chunky wage that could be used elsewhere.

I hope not! Furman is far from a bad player cant understand the abuse he gets

Against Donny in the cup he ran the show, he was just used incorerctly by PD, far to deep.

He broke through the game line Tuesday and when we threw the long ball up to Smith Furman was there Lampard style to finish because he was told to get further up the pitch!

I hope he gets a new deal, top bloke has grown our fanbase in Africa as they love him and is our skipper.

He came on Saturday and straight away started trying to motivate our side.

Big fan of Furms but I seem to be in the minority.

Wes injury must not be bad if this is true but do we really need to reduce the wage budget when we wont get a fee as out contract in the summer

Im calling bull:censored: on this rumour and hope it is just that

The Furman bashers really do wind me up! The amount of stick he gets is incredible. I was sat in the main stand against Mk Dons and when he came on all I heard were people slagging him off, when he cleared the ball when we were under pressure some guy shouted ':censored:in'ell Furman stop losing the ball'

He's a good player and a valuable one at that, if we let him go then that is seriously bad running of a football club.

Not keen on him Harry are you. International with a lot of praise in recent comp /Club Captain...goalscorer on Tuesday. Free in the Summer....lots of games to come, injuries? Played out of position too deep (havent they all)

I'm not keen on him as an Oldham player, no. Seems a really decent bloke off the pitch.

His excellent performances for South Africa illustrate my point - for whatever reason, he's a far inferior/less effective player for us.

I'd even go so far as to say he'd look better higher up the leagues where he'd only need to break up play.

We need him to create aswell, which he doesn't.

Probably the most revealing question to ask is could we realistically find a better CM than him on his wages that would play for us?

Dan Gardner, a million times better, I reckon a £50,000 fee to Halifax + less than £1,000 a week will land him,

Probably the most revealing question to ask is could we realistically find a better CM than him on his wages that would play for us?

I don't think we'd be looking to replace him until the summer

In the meantime Murray, M'Changama (if back this season), Winchester, Mellor, Wesolowski, Simpson, Baxter can all play there.

Money now rather than nothing in 3 months for a player we've got loads of cover for makes sense to me.