Cisak Or Bouzy?

I think it's strange that people make the point that Bouzanis has a better attitude on the basis that he's clearly more outgoing and Cisak seems like a pretty quiet feller. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with Cisak's attitude.

Cisak's a far better shot stopper and a better all rounder. I think he's got the potential to play regular football at a higher level.

I'm going to jump back on the fence. I agree with this, the attitude thing is a bit of a red herring, and I'm sure I've said at some stage that I like Cisak's calming influence. I like watching Bouzanis as I think he's getting the most out of his ability, Cisak is better and will keep improving.

So... I'm just going be happy that we've got two really good individual keepers

A. Cisak

B. Bouzy

I'd echo a lot of what others have said, Cisak is probably the better GK, but is probably prone to more costly mistakes. However, Bouzy has played well enough this season to not deserve to be dropped. As for penalties I think on GK ability it's 50/50 but I'd quite fancy Bouzy at taking one which gives him the slight sway.

If they're both top form I'd take Cisak, at the moment though I don't think Bouzy deserves dropping. His performances haven't warranted a change but he will know as soon as he has a couple of ropey games, Cisak may well be back in and it will be hard to get the shirt back off him. Personally though, as long as whoever is playing at the time is doing well I don't care if its CIsak or Bouzy, as they're both bloody good keepers for league 1 level

I don't buy into the distribution thing too much, I've seen both hit good long passes and both hit dreadful clearances but I haven't seen nearly as many games as many on here will have so I'll bow to superior knowledge. I've seen both make "mistakes" or errors but they're pretty rare (apart from the little run Cisak had at the start of the year). A lot of it will be personal preference, as was mentioned before, people love to see Bouzy celebrating how he does. The over display of passion and emotion is brilliant but that doesn't mean Cisak doesn't enjoy us scoring any less or any more.

Out of interest, does anyone know how young Jacob is getting on? Ready to be our number2 next season if Cisak or Bouzy is lost?

If they're both top form I'd take Cisak, at the moment though I don't think Bouzy deserves dropping. His performances haven't warranted a change but he will know as soon as he has a couple of ropey games, Cisak may well be back in and it will be hard to get the shirt back off him. Personally though, as long as whoever is playing at the time is doing well I don't care if its CIsak or Bouzy, as they're both bloody good keepers for league 1 level

I don't buy into the distribution thing too much, I've seen both hit good long passes and both hit dreadful clearances but I haven't seen nearly as many games as many on here will have so I'll bow to superior knowledge. I've seen both make "mistakes" or errors but they're pretty rare (apart from the little run Cisak had at the start of the year). A lot of it will be personal preference, as was mentioned before, people love to see Bouzy celebrating how he does. The over display of passion and emotion is brilliant but that doesn't mean Cisak doesn't enjoy us scoring any less or any more.

Out of interest, does anyone know how young Jacob is getting on? Ready to be our number2 next season if Cisak or Bouzy is lost?

Edited by emfy

Bouzy because:

1. he is the one with the run of first team matches

2. his distribution is better because his range of kicks and the length he can kick are better

3. he is more vocal and goalkeepers can add so much to a defence by directing

Finally either is way good enough at this level and either will do for next season but lets keep Bouzy with an older Liam as his second.

Hart and :censored: shouldn't be in the same sentence (unless he's got bowel issues). This is why I can't take your post seriously.

...why not? Obviously it's slightly tongue in cheek as he is a Premier League player and England's first choice but he is in the mold of "modern" keepers who seem to have forgotten the art of dominating their area and catching the ball cleanly. Maybe it's just me but I genuinely think that the overall standard of keepers is lower these days, they are just more athletic but their positioning and command of the area is worse.

I'd go with Bouzanis. There's a fag paper between the two of them but Bouzanis seems like the kind of guy that can really pull the team and the dressing room together. Cisak seems quieter, which is not in itself a bad thing, but makes me choose Bouzanis.

Another consideration is that we'll probably lose one keeper in the summer, be it to save wages or for a fee (are either of them under contract beyond this season?) and Bouzanis seems more settled at and vocally comitted to the club, whilst Cisak seems highly regarded within the game and likely to command a decent fee if we get one.

Now I feel left out Aussiefan, do I get a downboat for that?

A. Bouzanis hands down

B. Bouzanis hands down

(Im gonna add another catagory)

C. Which one looks like they actually want to play for Oldham?

C. Bouzanis

Think thats a little unfair, whilst i think Bouzanis is the better keeper, we all show our emotions in different ways, just because boozy is all out there it doesn't mean Alex feels any less passion for the club, he just goes about it a different way. It would not bother me if the club decided to keep Alex and young Jacob and got rid of Bouzy or the other way round. Think we are lucky to have 2 good goalkeepers vying for the shirt, after some of the 1st division goalies I've seen this season.