Cisak Or Bouzy?

I like them both and Cisak is a great shot stopper but seems to be more prone to errors (usually a misunderstanding with M'Voto) and likes to punch the ball often. Bouzy has great distribution and has performed very well since he came in so I would have him back between the sticks

I think Bouzy is actually the all round better keeper given that I don't think there's too much between them on shot-stopping but I prefer Bouzy's communication and distribution. I also think he's the more positive keeper at coming off his line but he needs to be careful of some indecision when the ball is in that 'corridor of uncertainty' at the edge of his 6 yard box.

It's a call I'm happy to trust Gerrard on.

It's a call I'm happy to trust Gerrard on.

This this and more of this. ive never been more assured of our keeper situation in the last 20 years. no coincidence our solidarity in this position came about with the appointment of gerrard.

oh and id play bouzy. better attitude

Relative to Cisak (who rarely does more than lump it high), Bouzy has the better feet IMO.

But Cisak's distribution is a major weakness. So it's a low base to compare against.

I'll cite 4 or 5 clearances from Bouzy, against Everton, which barely got off the ground, as examples of where he's poor with distribution.

stop trying to slag off our keepers and appreciate the fact that both are quality at this level

Oh give over.

We're having a debate about the pros and cons of each keeper. I merely challenged the assertion that Bouzanis is as good with his distribution as some think.

I'm not stopping people from enjoying the dilema two decent keepers give the manager, but if we're only allowed to discuss the things they're good at it gets a bit :censored:ing pointless bothering.

When they're both at their best, Cisak is the better shot stopper, which IMO is the most important quality in a 'keeper. I've seen a few goals go in and thought 'Cisak might have saved that', for example the goal VS MK Dons the other week.

But I think Bouzanis is stronger on crosses and kicking, and I also think that his attitude is better - you've seen when he sprints up the pitch to celebrate. I'd pick him just because he seems to be the more determined and fit into the team more than Cisak, and the difference between them both is only small.

For what it's worth I actually think Cisak is a better keeper but Bouzy has the right attitude

This is where I'm at, and I'm with O4U on the kicking issue - Bouzanis either hits Hollywood balls or daisycutters, anyone's guess which is coming next

I think it's strange that people make the point that Bouzanis has a better attitude on the basis that he's clearly more outgoing and Cisak seems like a pretty quiet feller. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with Cisak's attitude.

Bouzanis does have better distribution (near faultless against Liverpool but less so against Everton); he passes the ball long, whereas Cisak does tend to lump it high. But, for me, Cisak's a far better shot stopper and a better all rounder. I think he's got the potential to play regular football at a higher level.

However, Bouzanis was rightly brought in when Cisak had a bad run of form and his performances don't warrant dropping him.