New Manager Now Please

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oliver Dowie's tweet (I know, I know) along the lines of "Dad's been waiting for a project like this" suggested that he would take the job if he was allowed to structure the coaching side and playing side more professionally and look further than the end of the following season when giving a player a contract.

What's the longest Dowie has been in a job for? Not sure if I would build a 10 year plan around him

TP doesn't not want the job, so i don't understand the delay on the new manager, everyone has made a point we want Dowie in. I bet the club knows what it is really happening.

Getting Dowie back, would bring them missing supporters back, and we can have better chance of the playoffs next season.

Can't say but trust me on this. I'm as disappointed as anyone. Too big a gap on salary etc

I'm not sure on this, but if Dowie's son tweets are to be believed that he was interested in the job, as well as him being contacted by SC, then surely the gap in wages can't be that big. You would imagine that if Dowie was initially interested in the job he would know the kind of salaries expected at our level, unless of course SC really does pay peanuts.

Edited by slider1

Dowie definitely NOT coming back I'm afraid

Means I've lost my bet and really wanted him to return but I'm afraid is a definite no

Can't say but trust me on this. I'm as disappointed as anyone. Too big a gap on salary etc

Directement de la bouche du cheval

Straight from the horse's mouth suggests your source is Dowie himself!

:detectivegm0:

No to Phil Brown, The club needs to look towards the supporters who would like Dowie back here. I wrote a letter to the club and i also email in about getting Dowie in, The club has not got back in touch with me.

we must not make a bad appointment.

we will have low crowds that's my feeling, Iain Dowie in will bring bum on seats and that's what the club wants.

pardon my french but will he bollocks. The only thing that consistently brings bums on seat without stadium re generation is winning games on the trot.

I heard 3/4 weeks ago that Barmby had thrown his hat into the ring. Could do much worse in my opinion.