That Was Hopeless

After 3 wins over the teams as out of form as us , Pompey MK Dons & Stevenage , we played a team in form.

Who didn't think at half time that it was only a matter of time before our back 5 fell apart in front of a Rocky Road End with 2,000 plus away fans in ?

This time it was our hapless centre half & keeper who gave the presents .

Their keeper was a spectator until the late efforts of Smith.

Sheff U the latest of many to win league games here in a canter.

If any recent converts turned up today , I doubt they will be back.

The ref was poor , but not as poor as our team.

Never in my decades of watching can I recall as infuriating a squad as this lot.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Harsh. It was never going to be a great spectacle. They stopped Jose and kept it niggly and stopped us playing. When we got on top they slowed it down with their gamesmanship. Horrible team.

Both goals were a gift. Tarky was poor today, and cisak has proved why he needs to be on the bench. Not commanding at all and a typical rush of blood to the head. Blades fan I knew was astounded that tarky did not clear kitsons header too.

It's very interesting to see TP setting up the team in a similar way to how Dickov did for much of the 1st half of the season and that the result and performance seemed similar as well.

Furman and Wes are individually good players but don't seem to benefit the team at all when playing together, Smith on his own doesn't get the most out of him and Simpson, no matter where he plays, seems to be the biggest disappointment of the season.

As said above it sounded as though losing Barnard had a big impact on the team, let's hope he's back asap.

It wasn't hopeless.

It was a solid performance against the "biggest" side in the league until Tarky had one of his moments.

I thought we could have been more creative and used more width, but we still created as many chances as they did.

Disappointed, but I wouldn't be over-critical of the players after that. They lost putting a shift in.

The ref was poor , but not as poor as our team.

Yes, of course. That's why there happened to be around 40 or 50 fans lining the tunnel for the sole reason of unleashing the biggest, most poisonous volley of verbal abuse at him as he walked off the pitch.

Seething at this mans ineptitude. Sure, he wasn't the reason we lost today, but he completely ruined the game, missed blatent fouls on us including two in the penalty area. An absolute disgrace.

The Beeb says we had 31% possesion ..... we weren't playing Barcelona.

This was just like the rubbish that finally ended Dickov's reign.

All Sheff U had to do was the basics , yet again our centre half & keeper failed miserably to do the same.

I saw none of the enthusiasm , hard work & desire of the recent FA Cup games , we once again were the softest of soft touches.

The Beeb says we had 31% possesion ..... we weren't playing Barcelona.

This was just like the rubbish that finally ended Dickov's reign.

All Sheff U had to do was the basics , yet again our centre half & keeper failed miserably to do the same.

I saw none of the enthusiasm , hard work & desire of the recent FA Cup games , we once again were the softest of soft touches.

At half time the Beeb had us down as 54% possession. Based on that we must have had 8% to their 92% in the second period. It's a statistic that is invariably wrong.

We lost to the best team in the league. What do you expect? I thought we played well, if we got anything from this game it would have been a bonus

I thought Sheffield were very average, solid but never really troubled us apart from the two gifts.

I don't think we ever got going today, a very messy match with no fluency.

Lots of improvement needed from here on in.

1 poor team with absolutely no attacking bite v another average team + a bias referee.

Knew the outcome as soon as we started that tippy-tappy :censored:e. Never has a good outcome; looked at the table today and we've scored the 3rd least goals out of every team in the league. Tells you it all. Smith had 2 decent headed chances and looked a nuisance but other than that and a speculative Baxter shot that just went over the crossbar we had nothing.

Reminded me a lot of the souless, hopeless, weak football under Dickov's reign.

1 poor team with absolutely no attacking bite v another average team + a bias referee.

Knew the outcome as soon as we started that tippy-tappy :censored:e. Never has a good outcome; looked at the table today and we've scored the 3rd least goals out of every team in the league. Tells you it all. Smith had 2 decent headed chances and looked a nuisance but other than that and a speculative Baxter shot that just went over the crossbar we had nothing.

Reminded me a lot of the souless, hopeless, weak football under Dickov's reign.

I knew it a soon as I saw Wesolowski and Furman together again in the old failed holding midfielders system.

TP has fallen into the PD trap.

It was anything but hopeless. It just showed our weakness as a side

We played well 1st hgalf matched them physical and the chances were about 1 each. We should have done better from set pieces they were all poor today.

It was the type of game where one mistake of or a bit of magic would win it. Sadly the mistake came from us both of our center halfs switch off and a prone to over playing tarkys turn today if i guy is on your shoulder get rid - quickly - hes confident but sometime its his downfall.

Simspon was poor today as was Baxter, Furman battled and won a few more tackles than he has done recently. We missed Barnard up front with his extra mobility.

Sheff united were organised and niggly... They way they all squealed when they touch was embarrasing. Kitson hard to belive he played in the prem just stands in the way and tries to win freekicks. Ref allowed players to make decisions for him

Frustrating game not a lot in... It was just like playing portsmouth

Wrong tactics, Baxter should not play as our second striker

His best games for us have been as second striker but not with smith in front of him, with Derbyshire. I would love to see Baxter and Barnard together

Edited by Baxter20